UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. December 18, 2017, 05:03:55 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
RSD syndicated. North American UT posts are syndicated on the newsgroup Rec.Sport.Disc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I recommend condensing your forum structure.  (Read 12678 times)
BJones

United States United States

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »

Considering you hardly have any new posts per forum per day, I would recommend going down from 7 forums in general down to these two

General Ultimate Frisbee and Strategy Discussion
Ultimate Frisbee Events, Media, Development

The reason being is I don't want to have to navigate through the forum structure to see all of the new posts each day. You don't have enough traffic yet that warrants having all of these sub-forums. The one thing that RSD has well is that it's the one place where you can find everything. This way, people can go to two different forums and you will hopefully have the first page filled with new topics each day.

I can understand you might not agree with me, but really a Trash Talk forum? It just makes the site a pain to navigate. There's no real reason to separate all of the forums until there comes a need for one.

I do like the attempt to set up a new place for Frisbee Discussion though Smiley
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:44:42 PM »

"Show unread posts since your last visit" usually works a charm. It's right at the top there. I click it all the time.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Admin
Administrator

UltiTalk Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 11:09:50 PM »

Hey BJones,

Thanks for the suggestion.  We appreciate all feedback, comments and ideas we receive from our members.  Smiley

During the planning stages of UltiTalk, we considered keeping the forum limited to 2 or 3 boards, but in the end we decided on the 7 general boards you see now (Ulti Talk, Ulti Media, Ulti Strategy, Ulti Development, Ulti Events, Ulti Trash Talk, Not Ulti).  The reason is that we wanted to give our members more freedom when categorizing their posts and topics.  One thing about RSD that disappoints us is how all topics get thrown into the same "board" without any categorization or separation.  How is a user supposed to decide on the general topic they are interested in without reading post after post after post and manually searching all of the RSD pages?  Undecided

Tiger's suggestion is a great one, and it's the reason we included that feature.  By clicking on the Show unread posts since last visit. link at the top of the forum, you are able to see all the new topics and replies to existing topics since your last login on one page.  If you are interested in seeing all topics (new or old) that have unread posts within them (regardless of your last login), you can click the NEW link we just added in the same area: Show unread posts.

Hopefully these features will make your UT experience a better one.  And thanks again for your suggestion.

Cheers!  Cool

- UT Admin

========================
UltiTalk.Com
The Place To Talk Ultimate.
http://www.ultitalk.com
========================
knappy

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »

I agree with this suggestion 100%. Although your workaround is what I have been doing, I don't like it.

"Considering you hardly have any new posts per forum per day, I would recommend going down from 7 forums in general down to these two

General Ultimate Frisbee and Strategy Discussion
Ultimate Frisbee Events, Media, Development

The reason being is I don't want to have to navigate through the forum structure to see all of the new posts each day. You don't have enough traffic yet that warrants having all of these sub-forums. The one thing that RSD has well is that it's the one place where you can find everything. This way, people can go to two different forums and you will hopefully have the first page filled with new topics each day.

I can understand you might not agree with me, but really a Trash Talk forum? It just makes the site a pain to navigate. There's no real reason to separate all of the forums until there comes a need for one."

Ultimate ruined my life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese