UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 16, 2019, 04:29:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Got time to chat? Try out the new UltiTalk Chatroom by clicking the Chat link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 World Ultimate Beach Championships  (Read 22013 times)
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 08:35:24 PM »

We get the jist that you think you're quick, but didn't you get smashed by Troy Booth in the Doolio?

I know i am quick!!! just have to learn to throw better then ill be good til then i am just quick so i gotta run with what i got.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 11:03:45 PM »

I don't expect Brazil to be "super cheap" but I imagine that accommodation, food, transport, extras could be organised for around $50/day. I'm fully expecting it to be a $4000+ trip, and I think if people are being realistic they should probably be expecting the same.

That said I don't think $4000 is a lot to pay to get to visit what will no doubt be a great country and have loads of fun in between representing your country. Actually seems pretty dam cheap to me, and is probably one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities".

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 01:09:43 AM »

I think i can safely say that i wont be able to go but i would love to. i love beach ulty but 4k is almost what i pay in rent for 6 months.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 03:26:00 AM »

I think i can safely say that i wont be able to go but i would love to. i love beach ulty but 4k is almost what i pay in rent for 6 months.
It's called a credit card - you know the things they always talk about on shows like A Current Affair and Today Tonight because like the debt traps for youth and all that rubbish - get yourself one of them and plonk the bill on that.

Or you can go the old fashioned route of getting a good job and playing less Frisbee...

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 03:30:21 AM »

Lol, well a steady income definantly helps raise the money, or you could just pimp yourself out.

Personally i would budget $5000, beacuse i would rather have too much money whilst i'm over there then have to scrounge around. And $5000 is cheap considering most holidays nowadays.

D

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 04:06:49 AM »

Airfare will be around $2500 and then $1500 set aside for accomodation, food, good times.  I think that is reasonable and not too much to ask.  Let alone, the jersies are free!  But seriously, Wood and some of you others who have yet to sign up for beach worlds should be on the interest list at the very least.  It doesn't hurt you to get on the list and keep up with it, heck, you have a chance at representing your country, which to me, is priceless.  So if you think there is a chance you can afford it, please sign up!

Just looking at orbitz for tickets from Brisbane to Sao Paulo, tickets cost around $2782 American which is not as cheap as above, but looking at flights from FlightCenter yesterday, an around the world ticket was $2200 roughly.  So it can vary, but shoulnd't be more than $3000. 
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »

There seems to be only a few more weeks until the phase of asking for interest is going to be up.  Please spread the word to everyone that if they are interested or considering playing, to please sign up on the afda site right away!
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 09:56:49 PM »

So has any new information come up about the worlds in brazil. And any info on the aus teams?

Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »

I just went to the bulla site to get more info, http://www.beachultimate.org/blog/wcbu_2007_news/ and it has all the costs, cheaper if we get everything done before july 30th (not to sure that will happen), and some cheap accomodation. I saw some cheap flights on air china for $1200 but there is talk of combining the event with a short tour in another country, ie north america, etc.

Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »

Hey does any one have any more information on what is happening with the teams??

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 04:48:01 AM »

Only what has been spammed around on the brazil Yahoo group. This is the latest:

Hi all,

Sorry I've been very busy the last couple of weeks. I'm going to try to
sort out selectors in the next couple of days. It seems like there's
a lot of support for sending a boys and a girls team.

So the plan is:
- pay a deposit to confirm your interest in the next few days ($200)
- once it's clear we have enough interest for each team, we'll pay the
early bird deposit (approx $200 per team, and $100 per player) - that
will cover player fees.
- appoint selectors concurrently with the above, any thoughts on team
size welcome.

--
Jonathan Potts

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »

I heard the beach team has been anounced/selected....does anyone know what/who it is?
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »

I heard the beach team has been anounced/selected....does anyone know what/who it is?

Subscribe to the aus-ultimate yahoogroups list then you'll receive information like that..

To subscribe send an email to [email protected]

then see the archives message http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aus-ultimate/message/3195  and also message 3197
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »

Howdy All!

I will put up the beach teams later today, they have been selected! 

-Matzuka
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese