UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 16, 2019, 04:31:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NUFL  (Read 81887 times)
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2007, 03:22:53 AM »

Bring it on boys.

I'll see you in the End Zone.

Mike
shoggy

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »

so, chilly, national champions, 0-5 for the weekend - proof they are a one-person team?

barefoot 5-0, did anyone see that coming?
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2007, 12:20:17 AM »

what where th results from the weekedn...and who won the overall champ?
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 12:24:29 AM »

Heads Of State:

Spanked by Fakulti

Lost a close game to Sublime

Lost a closer game to Firestorm

Lost an even closer game to Barefoot after leading at half time

Won a really close game over Chilly!

Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2007, 12:46:27 AM »

what where th results from the weekedn...and who won the overall champ?

Fakulti won on the back of a one-loss performance over the 2 tournies, while picking up a stack of bonus points with some crushing defeats.

I'm proud to say that they didn't beat us. Chumps.
NUFL 2 was an awesome weekend for Barefoot: 5-0, in the blustery, dust bowl; a gusty, ballsy performance from an under-manned, under-strength 12-man squad.

I must say I was very impressed with the overall standard of the games over the weekend. The standard and margin between most of the teams was small, meaning lots of nerve-wracking but exciting finishes to games.

The women's NUFL was taken out by one of the Sydney teams: Betty Crocker (?).
Not sure what the overall situation was like on the women's side..
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »

The Firestorm experience went like this.

Game 1: Chilly. In trouble early, big come back to even at 16 all, won in sudden death.
Game 2: Fakulti. Handed a lesson in Frisbee.
Game 3: HOS. Close all the way through the first half, we pulled away early in the second and it didn't feel close again after that. Was probably only 2 or 3 points in the end.
Game 4: Sublime. Trading most of the way. We gave away a 15 to 13 lead to loose from 16 all.
Game 5: Barefoot. We were out of the contest early and then fought it back in the second half from maybe 11-14 to 16 all. Barefoot got up after starting on D at 16's.

So a smashing, a close but comfy win and 3 sudden death bar fights (to quote Pottsy). Quite proud of the boys.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2007, 04:06:25 AM »

I think the final standing for the boys were

Fak
Barefoot
Sublime
Firestorm
Heads of State
Chilly

Great weekend, had a ball. See you lot at the next frisbee event...
Noodles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2007, 04:23:51 AM »

Sublime time:

Game 1 vs Barefoot. Started sluggish. Fought back but beaten approx 15-17.
Game 2 vs HOS. Won 17-16 or 17-15 in a hard fought contest.
Game 3 vs Chilly. Won 17-16 or 17-15 in another nail-biter as the night closed in.
Game 4 vs Firestorm. Won 17-16. Hard fought, character building game.

Interlude - Avocado pip tennis match with discs as rackets. Billy & Timmy def JD & Tweely. Game turns violent.

Game 5 vs Fakulti. Wanted to avenge our 16-17 loss at NUFL 1. Instead we were handed our asses. Lost 6-16. Fakulti zone very strong.

Stoked to finish 3rd. No easy games. Awesome fun. Good spirit all round. Wish we could do it more often.
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »

The womens results were:

Overall
1. Betty Crocker (Sydney) [6 wins, 1 wash-out (draw), 1 loss]
2. Sara Lee (Sydney) [4 wins, 2 wash-outs (draw), 2 losses]
3. VOS (Melbourne) [4 wins, 1 wash-outs (draw), 3 losses]
4. Factory Girls (ACT) [3 wins, 1 wash-outs (draw), 4 losses]
5. Sultry (Brisbane) [0 wins, 1 wash-outs (draw),  7 losses]
(I haven't included bonus points, but I don't think they affect the final outcome)

NUFL2
1. Betty Crocker (Sydney) [3 wins, 1 loss + 2 Bonus points]
2. Factory Girls (Canberra) [3 wins, 1 loss + 1 Bonus point]
3*. Sara Lee (Sydney) [2 wins, 2 losses, 0 bonus points]
3*. VOS (Melbourne) [2 wins, 2 losses, 0 bonus points]
5. Sultry (Brisbane) [0 wins, 4 losses, - 3 bonus points]

*not sure which team came third since I don't have all the point differentials to calculate the tie-break (based on Jonathan's non-standard list for NUFL2). Head-to-head Sara Lee beat VOS.

Factory Girls were the most dominant team over the weekend and looked like they could have gone through unbeaten. They had a sizeable lead over Betty Crocker which they gave up to lose in sudden death (I didn't see it).

Sultry was screwed by none of their free agents playing NUFL 2.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »

The real winner was australian frisbee. Playing for 100 minutes only to come down to sudden death 3 times in one weekend, couldnt have enjoyed it anymore.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »

NUFL and NTC Payments are getting down slowly we have come up with a system now that we believe is fair for all and not too complex. I am sorry for anyone who is severely out of pocket next year the payments will defenitely come through much quicker. As for a completion date i believe you should all expect to see invoices sometime this weekend. rough costs(dont quote me) for Both NUFLs is $200 and NTC was about $160 so if you havent paid that in travel costs you may need put some money aside.

cheers
Jangles
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese