UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. April 07, 2020, 11:42:57 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NUFL  (Read 90718 times)
jonnoholmes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2007, 09:27:20 PM »

Hi guys,

Tim Lavis and I were having shopping trolley races in the woolies carpark on the weekend and I hit the gutter going pretty fast. Tossed me out and I landed on my shoulder. End result, broken collarbone.   Cry Physio reckons about 8 weeks till the bone heals, and another 4 before I can play. So I doubt I'll be able to play nufl. Captains might want to skip me in the draft, I'd be pretty useless.

Jonno
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2007, 09:51:29 PM »

Hi guys,

Tim Lavis and I were having shopping trolley races in the woolies carpark on the weekend and I hit the gutter going pretty fast. Tossed me out and I landed on my shoulder. End result, broken collarbone.   Cry Physio reckons about 8 weeks till the bone heals, and another 4 before I can play. So I doubt I'll be able to play nufl. Captains might want to skip me in the draft, I'd be pretty useless.

Jonno

That's really bad news

It's even stupider then me injurying my shoulder laying out thru Pizza Boxes!

Hope you have a speedy recovery
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:43:10 PM by rjhberg » Logged

ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »

I have to ask, who were you racing and did you and timmy win? 

On a side note, the shopping trolley races sound hilarious and awesome, Pottsy and I challenge you and Timmy when you feel up to it!  Though, I agree with Reubes, that does suck and is rather unfortunate.  However, on the plus side, it is a funny story!

I wish you well and will pray for you and a speedy recovery, farewell.

-Matzuka
MattA

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2007, 09:56:17 PM »

ahh crap!
thats a bugger.
hope you can recover well, i'm sure you'll do what the doc and physio tell you to do.

good luck

(still got you picked in my idea of WUGC08 dingo's)

cheers
mattA
mattdowle
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:39 PM »

Hey Jonno!!!

Yeah man, i heard the rumour - that's a real bummer. Timmy didn't mention any injuries to him - did he come up unhurt?

It reminds me of the time when i was having a race against my mate with shopping trolleys (we had drunk chicks in them - hehe). I was running along the road, actually a bridge and managed to get pulled over by the cops - i would have no idea why - doubt i was speeding, but maybe these shopping trolleys should only go so fast.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007, 12:08:44 PM »

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, that's pretty bad timing. All the best with your speedy recovery. 

It's even stupider then me injurying my shoulder laying out thru Pizza Boxes!
Clearly injuring yourself diving through pizza boxes is way stupider, because it would seem much less likely to hurt yourself doing it. Where as when in the pursuit of a good time that involves shopping trolleys, bitcherment, gutters, excessive speed (dare I say a little bit of alcohol? - just a guess) well it doesn't take a mathematician to work out some good times definitely have their risks. Where as with diving through pizza boxes... who would have thought!

Tongue

I have to ask, who were you racing and did you and timmy win? 
This what really matters, did you win? After all, pain fades, wounds heal, chicks digs scars, and there's always NUFL 2 - but glory; that's forever!

Get better soon!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:00:11 PM by Chris » Logged

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:29 PM »

*cough*bullshit!*cough*

Don't believe the lies boys!

This wouldn't be the first time rumours of newwie jackassness have been spread around Tongue

-Tom
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »

bitcherment
I take it you mean bitumen? That's twice in the last five minutes that I've had to correct your spelling, Chris. It seems they'll let anyone into uni in Queensland.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 12:16:34 AM »

Dates for NUFL 2 are locked in:

Melbourne on the 8th/9th September

matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »

Not Sept 15th-16th?

Interesting, just saw the email from Pottsy but when I spoke to Camby he had booked the fields for the 15th-16th weekend. Here's hoping he just said the wrong dates but booked for the correct dates Smiley
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 01:12:16 AM by matthui » Logged

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 01:22:39 AM »

Piers and Camby have said 15th/16th. Dunno where 8th/9th came from.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 01:34:26 AM »

Pottsy sent out an email to all players registered on afda.com for the NUTC and NUFL competition this afternoon saying the dates had been changed as it permitted players to get cheaper airfares on the 8th-9th.

Would be silly if everyone got cheap airfares, came all the way here to find out the fields had been booked for a week later Tongue

Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »

Hi guys,

Tim Lavis and I were having shopping trolley races in the woolies carpark on the weekend and I hit the gutter going pretty fast. Tossed me out and I landed on my shoulder.
Jonno

Injuries suck...but that is a sweet story. I lol'd.

Quote from: matthui
Interesting, just saw the email from Pottsy but when I spoke to Camby he had booked the fields for the 15th-16th weekend

I sense danger. Surely a f***-up of that magnitude is not possible.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »

I sense danger. Surely a f***-up of that magnitude is not possible.
You have been playing ultimate long enough to know that fuck ups of this magnitude are not only possible but probable.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 11:03:12 PM »

It is 8th/9th and fields have been booked for then.

"Hi all,

NUFL2 is confirmed in Melbourne on the 8th/9th September.

Apologies for the date change from the tentative date, but the earlier weekend is possibly $100 cheaper for flights per person on the current sales, so it was an obvious choice.

-Pottsy"

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese