UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 15, 2019, 02:41:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Got time to chat? Try out the new UltiTalk Chatroom by clicking the Chat link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: AUG Accommodation  (Read 17637 times)
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »

Just thought it may be interesting to get a feel for where most of the teams are staying this year considering most of the accommodation on the GC is centered around the strip.

UWA will be at the Crown Towers GC ~ 1km from party central
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »

Newcastle will be at 'capricorn one.' It's 1.5km north of the party zone. It's claim to fame is that it has "the biggest spa pool on the Gold Coast." 
JMc
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »

UQ are at Breakfree Longbeach, ~350m south of Cavill, on the beach.

I believe QUT are at something called Quarterdeck, 2 blocks north of Cavill.
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »

Quick, someone make a google map with all these places.
Bags not!

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »

Quick, someone make a google map with all these places.
Bags not!

For those who need to know (not sure who...) - Google Map with the ones listed and those I know

It's open collaboration so feel free to add to it.

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »

Quaterdeck sounds right Johnny. I think i am spending my couple of days at Phils place.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:08:17 AM »

I'm at the Chevron Palms, not far from Cavill.
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 08:26:55 AM »

Can someone tag the fields on that map?

cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »

oh timill...

that was in - tents
Pallen

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 05:08:38 PM »

Is that the same as 07 jmac? I notice its overlooking the beach again which is always awesome!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 06:50:16 PM »

Whoever tagged the fields on the map is off by a little bit. They're where it says "Runaway Bay Hospital". No idea why Google Maps thinks there is a hospital there.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

Oh right. There it is. After I zoom out a million times. That's shit. Looks like the tourney will be running to "frisbee time".

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
biskit

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »

Newcastle will be at 'capricorn one.' It's 1.5km north of the party zone. It's claim to fame is that it has "the biggest spa pool on the Gold Coast." 

ANU stayed there 2 years back... Good accommodation but 'the biggest spa pool on the Gold Coast' was out of action Embarrassed , making it a rather small and very cold swimming pool. It is in a pretty good spot tho, right across the road from the beach.
Andrew
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

ANU stayed there 2 years back... Good accommodation but 'the biggest spa pool on the Gold Coast' was out of action Embarrassed , making it a rather small and very cold swimming pool. It is in a pretty good spot tho, right across the road from the beach.
Yeah we're all pretty excited about being across the road from the beach. Hopefully they've got their shit together and have the spa pool cranking, otherwise I'll be most disappointed.

Oh right. There it is. After I zoom out a million times. That's shit. Looks like the tourney will be running to "frisbee time".
The fields are a bit far away, but thankfully we'll have an awesome team bus to get around in.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »

Or you could leave your bed earlier than 5 minutes before game-on.

It's only 11km from Cavill Avenue. I drive further than that to get to work every day, and I'm sure most of you do as well.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese