UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 05, 2020, 12:49:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 239916 times)
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2007, 12:46:16 AM »

Sockeye Roster ('07):
44   Jaime Arambula   5'5                      ?
20   Mike Caldwell   6'2                     OR
15   Nate Castine   5'11                     ?
14   Sam Chatterton-Kirchmeier   6'2     OR
2   Roger Crafts   5'10                    DR
17   Jeremy Cram   6'0                      DR
8   Seth Crockford   5'9                      DR
23   Andrew Fleming   5'11                    DR
1   Tim Gehret   5'10                    OH
34   Will Henry   5'8                      DH
99   Ray Illian   6'2                      DR
56   Mike Jaeger   5'11                     DH
25   Ron Kubalanza   5'10                     OR (?)
5   Alex Nord   6'4                       DR/OR
9   Sam O'Brien   5'10                     OH
10   Moses Rifkin   6'2                       OR
3   Blaine Robbins   6'3                       DR
16   Thomas Sebby   6'4                       DR
13   Matthew Sewell   5'9                       DR
7   Chase Sparling-Beckley   6'4            OR/DR
6   Danny Trytiak   5'8                        DR
4   Ben Wiggins   5'10                      OH
24   Seth Wiggins   6'1                        DH
22   Ryan Winkelmann   5'9             DR

Not as tall as many of the other teams, but a lot of recognizable names.  From what I know, and have read, I filled in the positions as best as I could. 

So there is the Dingoes challenge!  Let the preparation begin
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2007, 10:37:38 PM »

Do they add any other players to the roster from other clubs?

Or is it entirely the club team that goes to WUGC?

ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2007, 12:17:43 AM »

This is actually an important question.  As I understand it, they will have try outs for the next club season before worlds, club try outs are in early june, so will probably consist of a majority of the same team, but if Zip or someone moves to Seattle by next club season, and makes Sockeye, they will also join Sockeye at worlds.  So this team list is not necessarily the entire WUGC team, but most likely 98% correct. 
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2007, 12:51:37 AM »

I mean I have to think that at least the men's open team is pretty much picked aside from 5 or 6 spots... the mixed team is where I imagine all the tough decisions will be made. 

I suspect the selectors a looking for a team the plays well together so doesnt mean that the best players will necessarily make it. However i dont think this will be much of an issue with the guys on the list as most of em are top blokes.
joely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2007, 06:17:56 AM »

Who wants to start calling some good matchups?

Obviously the Dowles have both marked up against Chase before. Matt seemed to have him in the air but perhaps Chase was a tad quicker on his toes. And of course Nord, though I noticed they often play him on defence against the other teams best handler, eg Cruickshank, etc.

Who's gonna cover Seth Wiggins? A tough job considering how he played in the final. Johhno Homles?

So many tough, quick guys on that roster...
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2007, 09:22:58 AM »

Well, Chase primarily plays O and Nord Primarily plays D.  As I understand it, you want to stack your O so they score every time.  So, therefore, Matt and Ant will be playing O together.  This leaves someone like Jonno Holmes marking Chase.

As for Seth Wiggins, everything i have read pegs him as being their top defensive handler, so would say, hopefully, no one will ever have to mark him!   Grin

Tim Gehret, Ben Wiggins, and Sam O'Brian seem to lead their O lines handling.  The real player you want to shut down on their O line is Sammy C-K.  He is a key player downfield and will need to be stopped.  Of course, their other downfield players are solid, ie Chase, Moses, and Mike Caldwell, so maybe just stop them all. 
joely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »

I'm sure Mike Nield will have something to say about these guys running all over the field. I'm sure Sammy C-K is a great player, but he's never had Mikey on his hip before Smiley.

And can you imagine how confused Ben Wiggins or Tim Gehret are going to be when they find Owen Shepherd always standing where they want to run, with no idea how he got there?

It's almost make me chuckle.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2007, 07:11:29 PM »

Well, the Dowles may end up playing both O and D, they are mildly useful on both Smiley

I've really got to go whore my folks boardband connection so I can check out some of the Sockeye and Shazam games and check a few of these peeps out.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »

all this talk of match ups makes me want to travel with the team. I think anyone who is in the squad is going to have to put in some hard yards between now and August.

No pain. No gain boys.
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »

Masters Squad has been announced:

Matthew   Anscomb
Steve   Baker
Charles   Blumer
Tom   Brennan
Edward   Burnet
Chris   Burwell
Steve   Campbell
Nathan   Chan
John   Damiani
Geoff   Doty
John   French
John   Greenfield
Steven   Hayes
Damian   Jaccoud
Duncan   McIntosh
Jens   Meyer
Will   Mitchell
Andrew   Morris
Brian   Petteys
Christopher   Phair
Jonathan   Potts
Mat   Ryan
Leon   Smith
Anthony   Solomon
Andrew   Stanley
Paul   Staples
Paul   Therkelsen
Piers   Truter
Craig   Turnbull
Dom   Ventura
Sacha   Vidler
David   Zuk

Looks like they could have a HOT team for worlds

Good enough to beat DoG?

We'll see!

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »

A lot of those guys are trying out for the Open team as their first preference though, many of them will probably make the open team as well.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »

one person = a lot?

The Squad for Open and Mixed is here: http://www.afda.com/trashtalk/showarticle.php?articleid=485

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »

There are 3 people - Pottsy, JD and Piers

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »

LOL - I only recgonised about 7 people on this list which included Pottsy, JD and Piers, who I knew were all trying out for Open team and I just figured there'd be others...

Still if Pottsy, JD and Piers were on all on the Open team as opposed to the Masters team it would make quite a significant difference to the overall strenght of the Masters team.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2007, 12:16:25 AM »

Chris Stephens (Boo Boo) is also on the squad but was accidently left out - another person also trying out for Open/Mixed

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese