UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 27, 2020, 01:43:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 256512 times)
newk

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2007, 04:54:16 AM »

Did anyone one else recognise the significance of the fact that a current selector thinks only one of the old bastards will make the team? maybe some new blood for the dingoes is on the cards.........
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2007, 06:39:06 AM »

Did anyone one else recognise the significance of the fact that a current selector thinks only one of the old bastards will make the team? maybe some new blood for the dingoes is on the cards...
LOL I didn't say anything because I thought I was reading into the comment too much but I was thinking it.

What is more interesting is that 3 of the 4 mentioned (excluding Truter) are all also applying to be on the Mixed team, and much like the Masters team those 3 would make a significant difference to the Mixed team should they not make the Open team. So it would be interesting to know in the event they don't make the Open, which team they choose to play on (assuming that they'd walk onto the Mixed or Masters team).

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Staples

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2007, 10:10:24 PM »

Did anyone one else recognise the significance of the fact that a current selector thinks only one of the old bastards will make the team? maybe some new blood for the dingoes is on the cards.........

I think what he said was that only 1 had a first preference for mens. I suspect some are designating mixed as first priority. I'm guessing we won't see JD or Pottsy on the masters team.
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2007, 11:30:14 PM »

I know Pottsy has put open as his first preference which means that the rest are out or put other preferences.

assuming with that in mind:
JD and Boo Boo = Mixed
Piers = Masters/out (pretty confident he has to pull out for financial/personal reasons)

That said, I would have agreed with Chris that many of them would have made open.  I was backing JD to be Offensive Handler, and Piers to be Offensive Receiver.  I still back Pottsy to make it as a Defensive Handler.  Anyways, good to see ultitalk active, brings a smile to my face everytime, heheh  Grin 

wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2007, 06:44:08 PM »

hey bretty, are you going to be back for worlds stuff next year? u guna b doing nats and nufl?
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2007, 01:02:33 AM »

Shoggy, did you end up figuring out your preferences?

first preference Mixed or Open?
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2007, 08:36:59 PM »

There's a forum started up on the WUGC website.

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »

The new eligibility rules are out for worlds players.

http://www.wfdf.org/rules/NTPER_WFDF_Ultimate_Worlds_Events_2007-12-17.pdf

What does this mean?

Well, from a quick scan of the worlds squad, I can see a couple of players that this affects:

Billy Alexander
Brett Matzuka
Claire Hussey
Chris Freise

Don't know if thats a full list.

Here are the relevant entries:

3.2.  WFDF Citizen
Players are also deemed to be "WFDF citizens" if they have moved to the country at least
four years prior to the start date of the event and spent more than 75% of those four years in
the country.

3.4.  Ultimate Community Member
Players are deemed to be "Ultimate community members" at the discretion of the National
Association if they are considered to be a significant part of that Country’s ultimate
community, but don’t fall under the above categories.   
The following may be taken into account by the National Association in making this decision:
Residency history in that Country
Participation in that Country’s ultimate events, especially national championships
Past representation on National Teams
Participation in the development of ultimate in the Country 

You are allowed up to four WFDF citizens on any one team and then up to one Ultimate community member on one team.

Brett and Freisy are probably in the WFDF citizens class, so that probably covers them.

Hussey and Billy will probably have to go for the Ultimate community member, which probably just means they can't both play on the mixed team, which isn't likely to be a problem.

Sooo, the long and the short of it is that I don't think there will be any tricky problems for these darlings of the Australian ultimate community, huzzah!
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2007, 06:23:27 AM »

I think you've misread the policy Tom.

4.2. Team composition
A Team may have on its roster:
  • any number of Legal Citizens or WFDF Citizens,
  • a maximum of 4 Resident Non-Citizens
  • a maximum of 1 Ultimate Community Member replacing one of the Resident Non-
    Citizens.
It is the "resident non-citizens" which are restricted
3.3. Resident Non-Citizen
Players are deemed to be "Resident non-citizens"
a) if they own a legal certificate of permanent residency issued by the country's
government; or
b) if they have moved to the country at least 20 months prior to the start date of the event
and spent more than 75% of those 20 months in the country.

Another person who is likely to fall under this is Diana Worman - I think she has permanent residency so that would make her a Resident non-citizen.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »

Ahh yeah, I read it much earlier and in the space of a few hours my memory went to work and switched things around.

Where is Di originally from? And do you have official citizenship for here or what?

-Tom
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »

well, going by her accent, i think she's French.

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »

Where is Di originally from? And do you have official citizenship for here or what?
Disey's a pom

And do you have official citizenship for here or what?
I'm a "WFDF Citizen". I've been living in Australia for over 4 years (over 5 in fact). (even though I'm a NZ citizen)
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:01 PM »

shoot the sheep shagger... i mean i am part kiwi too so i shouldnt say that.

This topic gets more interesting each days as each squad members have any where from a mini crisis to having too pull out for any number of reasons. I love this job shame i am giving it up in a few days.
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2007, 05:48:28 PM »

Yay for WFDF Citizens!!!
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2007, 09:06:59 PM »

Obviously the mini-crisis' are something to be kept confidential but who else has pulled out? I'm aware that Piers has effectively been sidelined by money issues. Who else is out?!?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese