UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 04, 2020, 11:26:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 239886 times)
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »

Cheers boys

It's going to be an excellent year and a bit of frisbee for all the Aussie teams, and for everyone who is part of the support group and training squads.

Keep building the excitement.   
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2007, 08:47:20 PM »

Keep working you mean!! i can see myself digging an early grave for this game
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2007, 12:49:49 AM »

Hey Jangles, you are doing a good job.  Just remember there are others in QLD Ultimate here to help and we need to keep supporting each other!  You can always come to me, John, Mike, Pottsy, etc. for help if you ever need it.  We are all hear for each other!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2007, 12:59:27 AM »

no it is more ill starve myself to pay for a tournie. Anyway i am going to try and fix my own car to save some cash. oh well i hope i can make it too the training camp.
disc_faerie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »

any comments on the ladies you'd have with southern-cross tattoos in vancouver?

"It's probably not a good idea to be chewing on a toothpick if you're talking to the president, because what if he says something stupid and you laugh so hard you spit the toothpick out and it hits him in the face or something."
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »

Depends on which team, either mixed or women's and whether or not I get to play *laughs*

I long to play with Joy again. Its been years since I've been on a team with her (2004 actually) And Hussey as well, met her finally at nationals this year and she is quite the charming lady with those high release back-hand hucks. I also really liked the 'this is not a box' theme of their nats team, just a little bit absurdist.

I suspect that the Newwie rookie talent of Katie B and Jane A will have a good chance to make it on to one of the teams, despite only playing for 6+ months. They have a remarkable natural talent (They are ex-Australian Netballers I believe) and seem to be pretty fun

I hope that some of the upcoming stars coming out of the juniors age bracket will also play well and get a run.

I suspect that the women's team might end up stealing my favourite players however. Curse them and their possibly being coached by Tom Brennan-ness!

-Tom

ps: Oh, you'd be ok to play with right Ash? Tongue
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2007, 10:05:48 AM »

having looked at the WUGC2008 site, http://wugc2008.com/ , there isn't much up yet... but here is a pretty detailed bid document. looks like the Aussies will have a HQ nextdoor to the Finns and Irish.

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
shoggy

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »

having looked at the WUGC2008 site, http://wugc2008.com/ , there isn't much up yet... but here is a pretty detailed bid document. looks like the Aussies will have a HQ nextdoor to the Finns and Irish.

more importantly, they've got the aussies right next to the beer garden!! Grin
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:10 PM »

is there a spot for a water/towel boy on the team?? i think that would be awesome especially if you dont have to wake up and play the next day
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2007, 12:09:29 AM »

There was mention of "Support staff" roles in Piers post on AFDA a while back:

4.2 Team Support Crew
We are also seeking registration of interest for team selectors, team coaches and squad managers. Many of these positions will involve remuneration of some kind. To register your interest in being a part of the support staff, please send an email to Jonathan Potts, AFDA CEO. This is not a call for formal applications, just a chance for us to identify gaps early and plan the application process, so please let us know if you are at all interested.

I am keen to go and help out even if I am not playing  Cheesy

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2007, 02:38:36 AM »

Maybe we should arrange some sort of Barmy Army style cheersquad?

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2007, 02:58:59 AM »

i just wanted to run on during timeouts carrying the water bottles!!
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2007, 08:37:50 AM »

i just wanted to run on during timeouts carrying the water bottles!!
LOL you could run out with a limp or hobble and a strapped ankle or something so the crowd watching thinks that you would have been on the team but got injured rather than thinking you are just the water bitch...  Roll Eyes

I reckon I'd head over to support the team, especially if my brother manages to make the Juniors team. So I'd be happy to be a support crew dude.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2007, 09:31:59 AM »

Check out thunder08.com

Only 387 days to go.

oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2007, 02:24:16 AM »

For those interested, particularly prospective Australian representative players, my AFDA endorsed trip to Vancouver was a success.

I was able to perform a field inspection of the venue for Worlds 2008. You may be surprised at the results.

See the report (including photos, turf sampling and map correlation) here: http://thinkulti.blogspot.com/

cheers,
Owen

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese