UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 24, 2014, 06:19:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 106119 times)
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »

Haha, has anyone seen the German Junior Open team's stats?
They are definitely relying on 2 players VERY heavily.

http://www.wugc2008.com/team/206

Check out Florian Böhler and Holger Beuttenmüller.

Shocked

Stafman

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2008, 08:11:47 PM »

Am i reading the stats right on the Jnr Women game Terra v Columbia

Did the last point go for 40 minutes???
richie

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »

I hope it didn't. That would be quite tiring Smiley. They really need an auto-refresh on the games pages. C'mon Dingos.
Stafman

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »

Bugger. Dingoes lost to USA 17-11.

Close with only one break to USA up till about 11-10. Then USA got 5 points in a row.

Ultivillage had game live, although my bloody work connection was not fast enough, so it kept freezing at key moments!
ash_5
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »

Haha, has anyone seen the German Junior Open team's stats?
They are definitely relying on 2 players VERY heavily.

http://www.wugc2008.com/team/206

Check out Florian Böhler and Holger Beuttenmüller.

Shocked

hahah 51 assists!think hes a key player for their team??
Tassie Joe

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2008, 01:31:14 AM »

Ultivillage had game live, although my bloody work connection was not fast enough, so it kept freezing at key moments!

Everyone I've spoken to had similar problems.  I don't think it was a problem with your network.
Was anyone able to watch the game properly on UltiVillage?
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2008, 01:47:17 AM »

Everyone I've spoken to had similar problems.  I don't think it was a problem with your network.
Was anyone able to watch the game properly on UltiVillage?

My viewing experience was pretty good.
Only lagged for a short time about 3-4 times in 90+ minutes.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2008, 02:30:24 AM »

I think we might get the Terra v Colombia semi final on UVtv, because that's the Day 6 showcase game (10:15am EST)

But how about tomorrow... four Aussie teams (Dingos, Firetails, Mundis and Thunder) playing against Great Britain for spots in the semis!

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2008, 03:30:49 AM »

Poor Pommies, gonna cop it sweet I think.

It's 'Ashes Day' at WUGC2008
JMc
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2008, 03:38:36 AM »

I've tried 3 different computers for watching the live casts, 2 with normally excellent internet speed, and it all sucked. Audio was fine, but the video lagged considerably.

Note for anyone watching the games, keep your mouse handy... At every call and in between every point, press pause and then play again to catch the video up to the current point in time... of course, this does mean that you miss bits of the game, but unless there are long passages of smooth play, hopefully you'll only be skipping discussions and people standing on the line...
Of course, if you hear exciting commentary, don't do this because then it'll catch the video up to a later point, so you'll miss something exciting.

Speaking of exciting... Nield, hey? Wow.
Wish I'd seen Gus' catch, too... sounded good, we had chronic skipping and pretty much got "before and after" frames...
Tubby, your D was pretty sick too.
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2008, 05:12:32 AM »

All the teams are going well. All teams are through to the quarters! YEAH!

Come on the Aussies!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2008, 06:30:19 AM »

As I've posted on a mini-blog thingy I've been updating Victorians with....

Dingos - Play the winner of Great Britain/Italy in the Quarter Final. Semi opponent will be Canada or Finland/NZ. Buzz Bullets (Japan) will play (Sockeye) in the other semi (of course assuming they win their quarter finals).

Firetails - Play Great Britain in the Quarter Final. Semi opponent will be Japan or Colombia. Canada v NZ and USA v Germany make up the rest of the quarters.

Barramundis - One more Pool C game against Great Britain. Win, and the Mundis will be in the Semi Final versus either Japan, Canada or USA. Lose, and they drop to the 5th-8th bracket with two of France, Italy and Chinese Taipei.

Taipans - Two pool games to go, versus Canada and New Zealand. Can't miss semis, along with USA and Canada. NZ would need to lose to Germany (9th) to miss out, but even then it's not likely.

Thunder - Play Great Britain for a spot in the Semi Final against Canada (who they beat in pool play). Colombia play Germany for the right to face the US in the other semi.

Terra - Play Colombia in the Semi Final. Japan to play the winner of US v Canada in the other semi.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2008, 06:15:41 PM »

ouch...looks like Jnr Boys conceded the last 4 points to go down 17-15 to the Brits....thats gotta hurt. Got ovr the top of the Brits in womens and mied though
Staples

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

ouch... Dingos go down to GB also.
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »

Makes it 2 for the poms in 'Ashes Day'. Terra just scored to make it 8-7 Colombia.

EDIT: Colombia take half 9-7.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese