UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 25, 2014, 02:14:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 102520 times)
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 05:29:54 AM »

Trying to stay on the original topic of this thread - I think that the team Brett post is a fairly good "framework" to the team. Obviously a lot will happen over the next 12 months - there may be injuries, some players may come to and leave the country (*cough*please don't go Brett*cough*).

That said I'd probably argue the that there are even a few people named in Brett's list that aren't "certainties" rather are "fairly likelies" though what I will be more interested to see is what Piers will do to your Brett next time he sees you and gets wind of the fact you looked him off for a spot on the Dingoes.

Also wouldn't it be a lot more interesting if we all started throwing some smack talk down about who'd make the Mixed team because that is where the dog fight is going to happen...

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 08:36:50 AM »

Afaik eligibility-wise anyone who is selected to play by the AFDA (appointed selectors) can represent Aus.
I'm fairly sure there's some sort of eligibility rule somewhere. Not necessarily "have to be a citizen" but have to have lived in the country for a certain amount of time.

I probably should know this  Undecided

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »

Instead, this year, Chilly B finished 14th and as a result Victoria will only have two guaranteed spots at Nationals next year.
Heads Of State (7th) are Victorian as well. Plus don't forget SA and Tassie are in the South region so there's potentially 5 spots for Vic teams.

Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 10:07:57 AM »

Billy is the bald bad ass that played for Sublime.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bald bad ass...
That's sweet.
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »

I agree with matzuka and firmly believe that dan rule will make the dingoes!  If he doesn't then he isn't going to represent Australia because his mixed game sucks! haha!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »

Meanwhile you're the exact opposite. I'm starting to learn the difference between "mixed throws" and "open throws" and most of the crap you pull off is definately in the first category.

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 12:09:18 AM »

I personally actually be inclined to put Dan more in the "maybe/likely" category for Dingoes - but then again I probably don't have the best perspective to start naming names.

Who on these forums is actually trying out?

I personally haven't put my name down as yet, but I'm not really expecting to make the either open of mixed teams but will probably attend the training camps and obviously NUFL just due to the fact that they will be good opportunities for personal development and obviously good experiences.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 12:41:21 AM »

Thats exactly what i am doing chris, i know i have zero chance of making either of the teams but i am still going to attend the camps and NUFL's. 
As Piers said it is a great oppurtunity to play the best ultimate this country has to offer, and it is a great way to get good quick. which i need a severe dose of.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 01:49:05 AM »

I'm with ya Wood.... I mean what would these training camps be like if guys like you and me weren't being the cannon fodder that makes the good guys look good.

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 04:47:01 AM »

everyone, get all the good players you know to register for NUFL and Worlds, asap

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 11:32:41 AM »

everyone, get all the good players you know to register for NUFL and Worlds, asap
Do you care to clarify the word "good"?

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »

I volunteer to be the benchmark. Anyone better than me should be playing NUFL.

Wait...that's way too many...

woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 04:41:26 AM »

chris the way we can handle the training camps is, the really awesome players may dominate us.  But as long as we get one good grab or one sweet break throw on them, then when they make the squad we can simply say "are you serious i skyed the shit out of him he isn't even that good"  haha.  victory is all ours my friend
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 08:16:49 AM »

I definitely think Wood and Chris should try out for Dingos/Barramundis.  You both have solid game and are threats as receivers!  As for Rule, he is definitely not a certainty, but has what I was looking for in a team, hence why I chose him.  No one else seems to have put a team up which i am waiting for. 

As for who on the forum is trying out, you two should as i say, OShep seems to have posted which he of course is trying out (and making it) and I feel a few others might, oh yeah and Reuban!  I am thinking of putting my name down, to be honest, but not sure I should for multiple reasons. 

As for Billy, he was one of 2 players on Sublime who were impressive at Nationals.  Primary handler for them, from Canada, played for Furious once or twice, older brother still plays for them as I recall.  Wears number 99 and was a cool guy!

Do you really think Mixed is where the dog fight begins?  A lot of guys like Dan Rule aren't going to play if they don't make open.  I have heard that from multiple people such as Abra.  Plus, the guys who barely miss out of Dingos and want to play mixed seem like they should be sweet.  And as for people purely trying out for mixed, there seem to be only a small number and they are either highly likelies or very unlikelies from what I saw.  People like Adam mortimer and Reuban Berg seem like highly likelies.  Anyways, I honestly don't know much.  I started playing when I got here and that was 3.5 years ago, so yeah.  Good Luck everyone and sign up for Worlds, if you are posting here, you are passionate enough to be there!
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »

When i signed up to this site a few nights ago, i just wanted it to talk smack and stir some people up.  But matzuka "f**k me" as if your not going to make the team.  Your like one of the best if not the best handler in Australia.  how can you even question whether you should try out, if i was you i would be booking my ticket for worlds right now.

i think pulling a jersey on for dingos or the mundies is unreal, and i would never turn down a green and gold jersey, no matter what category.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese