UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. May 29, 2020, 10:12:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Show me all! Wanna see all topics from all boards on one page? Check out the UltiTalk Sitemap.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 235890 times)
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 04:09:38 AM »

Thanks OShep for the previous team list with positions.  Obviously some of mine are off and could be altered, but still have a general idea of who I would pick and how it goes together.  Seeing as we have OShep and Matty Dowle reading and posting on this forum with other top players, I pose the question of what do you past Dingos think on this issue? 

I am curious to know who you guys would pick if you were to pick a team for 2008 at the moment, though I understand if you don't as per ethical grounds since you are highly likely to be on the team, and even be selectors for the team, so your opinions could cause resentment;  However, I would like to think everyone dealing with this is mature and realistic and therefore your opinions would be valued and purely academic.  So if you are up to it, enlighten us with your grounds for picking, who you would pick, or anything of the sort!

Pottsy mentioned the OS players and said that Roger Bralow could still make the team, not sure about the other two, but figured they wouldn't be coming back.  I know very little on the topic other than that Roger plays for Fire of London and played for Buggers '04.  Didn't Sol play for Clapham or Fire of London also?  Well, from what I understand, there are roughly 9-10 replacements spots up for grabs. 
Sacha Vidler (playing Masters)
Tom Rogacki (not playing)
John Greenfield (playing Masters)
Steve Campbell (playing Masters)
Sol (OS)
Charlie Blumer
Roger Bralow (OS)
Lachlan Yates (OS)
Tim Booth (hasn't signed up for interest)

As for Jimmy, man that sucks.  He is a trooper, I only knew about his shin and leg problems and how he has had surgery for that.  Well, taking that into account, he seems to be doing pretty well, though I think his flick can still improve.
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »

I know that both Roger and Sol were based overseas last worlds and still played.
And yes Sol plays for Clapham, and they both played for Bugs 04.

Roger is one of the best players I have ever seen - played one of the best games I have seen against Fakulti in 04.

Begs the question, who are the best Aus players of all time? Maybe a topic for a new post??

rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

So I cross checked Brett's list with those who have already registered:

Billy Alexander
Lee Baker
John Damiani
Ant Dowle
Pete Gardner
Abra Garfield
Tim Lavis
Gavin Moore
Mike Nield
Joel Pillar
Jonathon Potts
Dan Rule
Ken Shepard
Owen Shepard
Piers Truter
Chris Warris

Not Registered:
Tao Browne
Chris Burwell
Matt Dowle
Jonathon Holmes
Gus Keenan
John Liddacoat
Brett Matzuka
John McNaughton
Tom Rogacki
Mark Taylor
Jimmy Tod-Hill

I know it's still only early days, but that's a lot of top quality players who haven't registered interest yet!

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 01:37:53 AM »

"as if i need your help to score on your slow ass"

haha i think it is my turn to comment... well i dont think either of you have a chance against me. I want a rematch for that doolio crown i was robbed!!!

Chris sure you can always sky me if you want just prepare to be burnt is all i say.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 02:19:31 AM »

Chris sure you can always sky me if you want just prepare to be burnt is all i say.
Pfft, I'm tall and gangerly! So if you start burning me long I'm just going to trip you and claim I'm just a uncoordinated tall gangerly receiver that doesn't have total control over my limbs. Works every time...

That said, I'm not too worried about you burning me anywhere because people don't throw it to people that can't read or catch. I mean even Wood reads better than you, and that is bloody saying something, because I think I'm being generous in even saying that Wood can actually read at any level...

I'm sorry Wood and Jangles, but what I got that you guys don't can't be found in a Library or bought on eBay - it's called "skill".

Grin

I'll see both you pussies at NUFL and I will be sure mark up on you (because your team mates probably won't let you mark up on me given the obvious mismatch in my favour). Then I'm going to give you the "Chris Cunliffe ABC's" of playing Ultimate, obviously explaining what I'm talking about with many examples and lessons throughout the match, and by the end of it you both being going "oh now I know what he was talking about when he was talking about skill".

Cheesy

PS - and yes Jangle I know you will probably be on my team, but I'm still going to D you anyway (apologies to all Firestorm players in advance...)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:26:08 AM by Chris » Logged

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2007, 02:34:28 AM »

I doubt we'll be seeing Jimmy on the field in the near future, if at all.
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2007, 02:51:16 AM »

what's up with Jimmy?

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007, 03:32:55 AM »

Woah, What is wrong with Jimmy?  I hope all is well. 
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007, 05:09:05 AM »

Not sure if its all confirmed or not, but his ankle is pretty much done after the last 2 years he put it through.
He played through alot these past couple of years, through pure f**king desire for the game.

Turns out he's got arthritis in his ankle as a result (as bad as that of a 50 year old), and his doc has recommended that he give up Ultimate for good, for further risk of damage.

I haven't heard from him since he sent an e-mail to the Barefoot guys after Nationals, so I'm not sure what the exact situation is as of now. Hopefully the news has gotten better but it doesn't seem likely. I don't think he's playing or commissioning the current NSL season cos of it and I have no doubt he would be playing if he was close to being in the clear.

Undecided
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2007, 06:35:36 AM »

That is tough news to hear about Jimmy. Mate if you are reading I'm thinking about you up here. There is plenty of room in our sport for coaching and non playing leadership if that is the way it has to be.

I’ve been reading this thread for a while and I thought I would get involved with the speculation.

So I wrote down the team that I was confident in and it turned out to be a bunch of older and more established players and a few new blokes. Rather than go through a list of old names, I thought I would write down the guys who weren't dingoes last time who I would be happy to take on the team if I had to pick it tonight.

I'm sure there are plenty of new players who I haven't seen, and I’m very excited to check out the growth at the NUFL events this year. These are the players who I like and would take who weren't there last time.

Gav
Joel
Tuby
JD
Buzz
Matzuka
Cheeseburger (John Mac)
Lee Baker
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »

That is really a tough one for Jimmy.  If you are reading this mate, I am keeping you in my prayers and hope things turn out for the better.  But as Mike said, there is plenty of room for you to still be a major player in the sport, whether through coaching or other forms of development.

As for Mike, it is nice to see a former Dingo give his team!  Good to see more and more people joining the forums and taking part!  Good on ya!

I notice there is no Abra on that list Mike, interesting.
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »

There may well be a place for Abra on the team, however I need to see more first. The players I listed are the ones who I would be happy to name without seeing anything further.

There are quite a few guys who i'm looking forward to seeing more of. Bring on the NUFL hey.
mattdowle
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2007, 08:50:42 PM »

Haven't really thought who would be on the team much, but from a totally biased position i would consider Glover, Tex and Abra. There is no underestimating speed in this sport. Yeah, there are some overseas guys that would definitely be considered (Roger, Lachie, Sol). Roger, is another speed machine and just a champion. There are other on the list that you had Brett that I would take off (but i choose not to name them because i'm a softy).
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »

I sympathise with your softness Hollywood. This selection caper is too much like hard work, i'm going to stick to playing and see where that ends up.

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »

Thats pretty fucking lame for Jimmy, fucking hell.

And I know Tim Booth would be keen for Worlds, he is just a little bit of a net 'tard and will just register late.

-Tom
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese