UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. May 29, 2020, 09:36:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WUGC 2008  (Read 235882 times)
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007, 12:36:46 AM »

Dont injuries just f***ing suck. especially the ones that end playing. Prayers be with you if you are reading this.

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 12:47:30 AM »

Mate, your smack talk is like your Ultimate skills - lame! I clearly read at University standard - and not any standard - UQ Standard! Which we all know is shit hot!

"as if i need your help to score on your slow ass"

Those a very brave words coming from a man that wears KNEEPADS! I'd give you 10 metres head start and would be comfortable in that fact that your team would still look you off!

Wood he absolutely smashed you! Didn't even need to start pulling out the colourblind fatboy card.

I'm suprised Pissy didn't mention you when he told of dan's stupidest. Your first throw of the game was the rankest thing I have ever seen from a Ballarat player, and that's rank considering you play with pissy AND sizzle.

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2007, 12:38:33 AM »

I'm sorry Wood and Jangles, but what I got that you guys don't can't be found in a Library or bought on eBay - it's called "skill".

I'll see both you pussies at NUFL and I will be sure mark up on you (because your team mates probably won't let you mark up on me given the obvious mismatch in my favour). Then I'm going to give you the "Chris Cunliffe ABC's" of playing Ultimate, obviously explaining what I'm talking about with many examples and lessons throughout the match, and by the end of it you both being going "oh now I know what he was talking about when he was talking about skill".

You keep referring to this thing called skill, to which i am obviously unaware of.  I was just sitting here doing some research chris when i all of a sudden had a great idea, nothing speaks louder than stats.  So here i was thinking where will i get some stats that are quite comparable and appropriate in proving that i am a much better player then what you are.

Then it hit me chris, lets look at some worlds stats.  I clicked on booty and checked your stats out, you achieved a mere 11 stats for 10 games of ultimate buddy, now anyone can correct me if i am wrong here, but if someone who has this thing called skill can only receive the disc once per game in the endzone, then in my eyes this just screams "CHUMP".   I attained quite a decent amount of stats (three times the amount you did), we both play in similar roles and the fact of the matter is, that your team almost always got to 17 points.  My team only made it to 7 points or lower on a number of occasions, but i still managed to kick your ass three fold! but i don't have SKILL

Not only did you get a mere 11 stats, but also you only caught goals! Not one single assist.  Which means that not only are you a  useless receiver but you can't even make up for your shitness by throwing some goals now and then.  Also you achieved donuts on four different occasions, come on i mean you were the tallest guy on your team.  oh sorry i forgot "you have skill".

However after saying all this i will make sure that i do play against you at NUFL and that i hope some of this amazing skill that you have over jangles and myself rubs off, because your obviously oozing with the stuff.

My advice to you is get some throws, get a read and then get some stats you donut achieving chump.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:45:31 AM by woodley#53 » Logged
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »

ooohhhhh shiiit.  Shocked

WOODLEY!

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2007, 04:16:04 AM »

Response made in the Chris/Wood/Jangles smack talk thread:

http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php/topic,118.0.html

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 05:39:26 AM »

Okay, now that we have moved on from the smack talk its time to bring this topic back into action.

The afda home page details the next exciting phase of WUGC crap. Check it out at afda.com

Here is the current policy on eligibility

Am I eligible to play for Australia?

http://wfdf.org/index.php?page=rules/art1.htm

At the moment, the current eligibility rules say (Article 106), not very clearly, that you must be either:

An Australian citizen, or
Have lived in Australia continuously for 5 years immediately prior to the tournament (so from August 2003-August 2008), or
Have lived in Australia continuously for 2 years immediately prior to the tournament (so from August 2006-August 2008) – only two of these category players are allowed on the team.
In the past, exceptions have been granted, and we believe that the eligibility rules are under review for 2008 to better reflect modern lifestyles.

If you are in Australia for a significant proportion of the preparation from now until Worlds, then it’s best at this stage to assume that you will be eligible, but be prepared for a possible knock-back.

On the balance of things, this probably means that our dear Bretty would have a pretty good chance even considering the stricter current policy but Billy Alexander and Hussey will have to be exceptions or allowed under a newer policy. Who knows?

So, the timeline is also set for the NUFL team composition. Uhhh, who knows what crazy teams might come together in these next weeks.

Where is Barefoot Joe? Joe, you need to whip your team mates into shape and sign up for the damn process or there will only be one sydney team at NUFL. *laughs*

Any comments on the policies?

-Tom
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 07:50:50 PM »

whose idea was it to have NUFL 2 so close to uni games. i still want to play however this has made it a big chore to get too.
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »

"Any player who is not accepted into NUFL in a core roster or as a free agent is effectively out of contention for the Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams for Worlds 2008."

Anyone know what this means for OS based players? i.e. Sol, Bralow.

How did it work for them previously?

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2007, 10:07:35 PM »

whose idea was it to have NUFL 2 so close to uni games. i still want to play however this has made it a big chore to get too.
I'm also not stoked with the timing, but I think I won't be going to NUFL 2 anyway, but an injury, or even a slight niggle, could hamper a Uni Games campaign considering it is only 6 days after NUFL 2, but I guess they aren't expecting many players from within the Uni Games competition to be trying out for the WUGC.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2007, 11:32:21 PM »

Yeh i think it is a nightmare they have on their hands with scheduling. unigames, NUFL and Mixed Nats all in the space of just over a month i think they are gonna need to plan the years calendar in advance soon.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2007, 03:49:28 AM »

Well NUFL is obviously still finding it's place in Australian Ultimate, but it looks like it is going to be a hectic September.

Does anyone know if there is a reason why NUFL 1 isn't earlier this year? I know NUFL was sorta organised on the fly this year, but you'd think that slipping in 3 NUFL events between Nationals (April) and Mixed Nats (October?) should be fairly comfortable.

Also I'd like to think that final NUFL event could normally be wrapped up some time in early August to cater for the fact that I'm sure many people would like late August and September to cater for Mixed considering AUGs in September and Mixed Nats is traditionally in October.

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2007, 04:26:31 AM »

"Any player who is not accepted into NUFL in a core roster or as a free agent is effectively out of contention for the Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams for Worlds 2008."

Anyone know what this means for OS based players? i.e. Sol, Bralow.

How did it work for them previously?

Hey Ruebs. I think they really mean that any player that *would* be selected as a free agent or core roster player will still be in contention. For example, Matt Dowle and Joel Pillar are not playing NUFL but will both (I'm 97% sure) be included in the 2nd phase of selections. I'm sure both will automatically make the Open selection squad and then they will start doing the same things as everyone else and competing for their spots.

As for Sol and Bralow, in the past, they have just been selected because their awesome. I don't know if that will continue but players are expected to be in Australia for the training in the year leading up for WUGC, so I presume they will have walk on spots into the selection *squad* in the 2nd phase but that they ought to be in Australia for the lead up.

But it ultimately all comes down to the selectors decision. There is nothing else really?

-Tom
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2007, 06:36:44 AM »

G'day Ruebes and Tom

I reckon that line is probably included as more of a comment on the calibre that players need to be to get onto a National team, not a rule. Australian players like those mentioned above who have played at this level before but will not be home for the NUFL this year could still be selected i expect. They will just have to come home for a selection camp or something at the start of next year. I think an exception is possible for overseas players of a high quality on the grounds that selectors would not have to see as much of them to make a choice about them for a team.

That being said i expect this could be a risky choice as players who are in the NUFL will have much opportunity to prove that ability when compared to someone from overseas who only has a single camp to impress.
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »

Where is Barefoot Joe? Joe, you need to whip your team mates into shape and sign up for the damn process or there will only be one sydney team at NUFL. *laughs*

The e-mail went out last night.
We should have a fairly decent sized squad for NUFL, although we might hook into a few free agents too.
Good news is that Jimmy seems to be involved in things, although to what level (e.g. playing), I'm unsure of.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:05 PM »

Aha!

I've just checked the NUFL rego page and Matt Dowle *is* going to play! This is a change from what he said pre-nationals. He won't play September through, ie NUFL 2.

Well, at the moment, considering the regulations for NUFL teams, the five teams mentioned earlier as likely are all likely to happen (Fak, Chilly, HoS, Barefoot and Qld) Canberra might be the 6th team...but its certainly not clearly fulfilling all the criteria, one such being the "Having 2 players widely viewed as potential dingos"

What do you guys think? Are there players in Canberra that are in the mix for the Dingos. To be honest, I'd only expect one of our players to be of that ability, if only the selectors had the foresight to pick him and that is James Ley. But thats only one player that might be 'widely considered' as a possible dingo.

What do the non-Canberrans think about that? And what do you think about including a Canberra team?

-Tom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese