UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 16, 2019, 12:52:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tweak it out. Customize the look and feel of UltiTalk by changing your Theme Settings.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Halibut 2007  (Read 57014 times)
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:51:16 PM »

Well it looks like the announcement just went out about Halibut 2007 - So who's coming?

Halibut, Queensland's Premier Mixed Frisbee Tourney, is on and it's coming up fast!

Come and experience some great frisbee in the warmth and sunshine of Southeast Queensland.

What: Halibut '07 - One of the Best Mixed Tourneys in the Country!
When: Sat 28th & Sun 29th July, 2007
Where: Brisbane
Who: Mixed teams from around Australia
Format: 3/4 mixed
How much: Approx $65 pp
What you get for your money: Lunches and BBQ, Awesome Player Pack, Legendary Party, Beautiful Queensland Weather

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:03:40 AM »

You know I'll be there

And State of Origin better happen again this year

There might even be enough people for NSW to field a team this year!

Go QLD!

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:11:33 AM »

haha you think so ruebs

they are definitely trying to get the lights for the game ruebs. i am going to try and get the QUTies there probably will have to pick up a few to feild a team damn students working weekends.
MattA

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 12:40:16 AM »

See you there boys,
townsville is coming, watch out for us!

and i too hope NSW can field a team, i'm up for it!!!!
you're going down Rueb's.

cheers
mattA
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 02:21:13 AM »

You know I'll be there

And State of Origin better happen again this year...
State of Origin sucked ass last year. Playing a high level game like that isn't pleasurable after playing 4 games prior to it. I know I was shattered before it - and I was pretty stoked just to be able to drive home after the game - I was completely legless. Not to mention I lost both my big toenails as a result of playing too much ultimate that weekend (9 hard fought games).

So if it was to happen again this year it would be good if the organiser could work out a way to accommodate it a bit better. I know it's tough...

Not to mention I felt bad for the "Rest of Australia" team last year because half of the QLD team rocked up just for the game, and weren't actually playing in Halibut and as a result half of QLD was completely fresh where as everyone on the "Rest of Australia" team had played 4 hard games prior to that one. So maybe a precedent that you have to be playing in Halibut to compete in State of Origin should be set...

I am going to try and get the QUTies there probably will have to pick up a few to feild a team damn students working weekends.
Well UQ has officially put in a team, and we are thinking we might push to have two teams represent us... do I smell a double UQ smacking of QUT?

LOL - just kidding - like I said we will probably be pushing for two UQ teams, but if we can't get the number maybe QUT might be interested in picking up a few of the remaining UQ players so that we can keep the teams as "uni squads" and everyone can get to know each other a bit better so come uni games times QUT can cheer for UQ when we get into the AUG final - AHAHAHA.

I have also heard that Griffith Uni were intending out in a team, which should be good. Man it would be sweet if a couple of the Southern and Eastern unis could pull there fingers out and get up here.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
MattA

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 02:50:51 AM »

not a bad idea Chris
the "extras" that QLD had last year were undoubtedly usefull (who wouldn't want a fresh Mike, JRay, Buzz, Flan etc???)

even if the TD requires tourney fee and registration as a minimum for eligibility....
financial hurdles are sometimes the most useful.
since i am required to play for NSW, if you want to put hurdles in front of the fresh QLD "extras", do it....

however, i'm perfectly happy to play 5 games a day for the chance to play origin.
big toe nails are over-rated (and you'll find if you lose them in Feb, they remain short thru the season, dirty old man trick #4).

keen as
cheers
mattA

Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 03:22:44 AM »

Well i would definantly go but dont have a team to go with. Am not a member of any club as i am a full time student working full time in the hospital, amongst the many other things i have to do.

Is there going to be any Vic teams???

D

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 04:29:11 AM »

I want to go...but its going to be a struggle getting a damn team organised

I have heard that Mixed Box is working towards coming

-Tom
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 05:19:43 AM »

There will no doubt be some friendly QLD teams that would be willing to pick up a few talented interstate players. I mean I have heard of some talk of some fairly solid and talent "primarily fun focussed" teams forming that I'm sure would be willing to pick up some other fun loving, competitive, ultimate players.

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Skippy

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 04:52:44 AM »

Is there going to be any Vic teams???

Spare Room.

Headed by Baker, Room with a View is back with a vengeance! And some new players. And a great desire for some sun.

Halibut is going to be sweeeet! Grin
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 07:08:08 AM »

CSU Bathurst are thinking about trekking up... (well I'm thinking about proposing it to the team...)

Grin

What's the level of Ultimate being played, are we going to get killed??
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 07:34:41 AM »

Headed by Baker, Room with a View is back with a vengeance!
Ah crap. Does this mean you guys are going to dominate Albert Park league again?  Cry

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 11:40:44 AM »

CSU Bathurst are thinking about trekking up... (well I'm thinking about proposing it to the team...)

What's the level of Ultimate being played, are we going to get killed??
I think you should definitely pitch it to the team.

As for if you will get killed or not - generally I think Halibut has a pretty good range of solid teams to fun teams. That said there are always a couple of Brisbane teams that are formed more for the sake of it is the biggest annual tournament that comes to our corner of the world and it's the best way to meet interstate players than they are because they are serious about winning the tournament.

So I'm sure you guys will be sweet - plus QUT has entered so you are a apples (they came last at AUGs last year). Jangles likes to believe they will do better this year, but I still like to give him shit about it.

(Jangles, you know I love QUT, I just show my affections via slander about your general poor performance in comparison to UQ - Kiss)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:42:52 AM by Chris » Logged

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 04:44:14 AM »

Heres a tip for everyone playing at halibut.  Make sure you play in party teams because spare room is going to dominate the shit out of everyone, be scared bitches ahahaha.
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 04:45:57 AM »

hey everyone heres a tip for playing at halibut.  make sure your on a party team, theres no point trying to win because baker and wood are finally been reuinted and we gon smak ur bitch asses. yeeyaah
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese