UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. August 23, 2019, 04:53:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Halibut 2007  (Read 55670 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »

Heard you the first time, you muppet.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »

Well i have scraped putting the full QUT squad together sick of organising there arses and not getting anything out of them. Did any one Say "Hooray for Everything"? looking for fun beginners that we can get drunk.
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 12:42:17 AM »

Any victorian teams need a player??? or anyone who wants a player, i might come along.

D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:49:14 AM by Drag » Logged

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 07:14:17 PM »

Aha, I forgot we already had a Halibut threat (thanks Rubes).

Just want to add my two cents that State of Origin isn't terribly exciting anyone other than the men playing it.

If anything, having it after games on Saturday night gets in the way of getting to the party.  If I recall correctly, the Halibut party last year wasn't well attended, partly because by the time Origin finished most people were ready to call it a night.

jdr

MattA

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 07:39:51 PM »

damn right State of Origin is exiting for those playing!!
personally i'd rather play SoO than attend the party, however i realise this is not everyones cup-o-tea...
so, can the TD arrange the event so that SoO starts a little earlier? maybe game to 11, no halftime?
non-players watch while eating.....therefore no conflict with party.

(you know me JdR, i'll be at the party, just sitting in the corner like always!)

cheers
mattA

yeah townsville!!!
this year see's the return of the CONCRETE DONKEY!!!!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 07:43:02 PM »

you really need the party to be located at the feilds in a nice clubhouse over looking the feilds so people can start partying while those chumps run around. Ill attend both days this year and the party as well. If i get asked to play state of origin i am pretty sure ill be fresh as i am on a developement team.

Any Girls (except wood) coming from interstate looking for a fun team to play on Hooray for Everything is that team.
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »

I heard talk of State Of O happening during Lunch time - that could help avoid the party conflict

With Ultimate being such a young sport in Australia, there are very few things which have a long tradition.

State of Origin is one of these things.

It would be a tragedy for it to end.

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »

Just want to add my two cents that State of Origin isn't terribly exciting anyone other than the men playing it.

If anything, having it after games on Saturday night gets in the way of getting to the party.  If I recall correctly, the Halibut party last year wasn't well attended, partly because by the time Origin finished most people were ready to call it a night.
I know after Origin last year I had a shower and it was like 10-11pm and I was like bugger the party I gotta be up in 7 hours to play again. Not to mention I was absolutely shagged.

I heard talk of State Of O happening during Lunch time - that could help avoid the party conflict
I think the having it in Lunch idea is great. Maybe would could extend lunch though and still shorten the game. I think this is a pretty good solution to removing the "it's too late and I'm too shagged" party blues.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 07:49:53 PM »

So from what I've heard the chance of State of Origin happening at Halibut are slim

If it didn't happen, does anyone know of any other touraments it COULD happen at??

As I've said before, it would be a tragedy for the concept of State of Origin to end.

JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »

Hey Rubes,

Last time it was discussed around here, State of Origin was definitely on.

Just trying to work out how best to have it and have a good party.

A few people also suggested making the game more spectator focused, given the rarity of "all-star entertainment" games.  Ideas on how to do this are welcome, although every spectator getting a 'fantasy scorecard', 'approved heckle sheet', and having dancing contests between points are being considered.

jdr

rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 10:28:40 PM »

Last time it was discussed around here, State of Origin was definitely on.

Awesome  Grin

Fantasy Scorecards sound good!

Maybe add some drinking game components - drink every time someone throws a scuba etc.

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »

Maybe add some drinking game components - drink every time someone throws a scuba etc.
Ahahaha if the players got wind of that you'd see every dump/swing pass become a scuba. Seriously rubes since you moved south I swear a lot of QLDer players have casually added the scuba to their games and it now features very prominently in most games.

On another more important news - I won't be able to make SoO this year (assuming I'd be invited back) I shall be traveling from Sydney on a late flight back to Brisbane in an attempt to scramble to the fields to catch the remainder of SoO and maybe get involved in the night time festivities before joining my fellow UQians on Sunday to claim the title in our first year represented at the tournament.

So which team do you think will be in the final with UQ?

Grin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:29:19 PM by Chris » Logged

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »

Hey Chris

I'm pretty sure UQ Lovers got spanked at Halibut back in 2005 at GC

But if we get back to talking about teams that could actually win, I would say:

Mind The Gap
Spare Room
The Pie Wagon

PS Why do Lounge Lizards have 24 people on their team???

JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 02:54:46 AM »

Why do the Lounge Lizards have 25 registered? 

Take your pick:
a) Dusty, Karen and I are so charismatic and electrifying and sexually powerful, that every kid in Brisbane wants to be a Lounge Lizard, rather than a Gaptooth or a Hooray Henry, or a Uq Loser.
b) The Lounge Lizardtm brand (est 2006) of awesome fun, as demonstrated last year, attracting folk from all around.
c) Because Dan is the Man (see http://brisbaneultimatedisc.blogspot.com/)

Anyways, we're splitting into two squads for Halibut.

jdr

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »

every kid in Brisbane wants to be a Lounge Lizard, rather than a Gaptooth or a Hooray Henry, or a Uq Loser.
JdR - I thought we were friends - but it has recently come to my attention that we can no longer be seen together unless of course it is during the process where by which UQ will hand Lounge Lizards their asses at Halibut.

Cheesy

Actually I imagine the UQ v Lounge Lizards will be a reasonably good game considering UQ are taking in "newer" bunch of faces. We had to kick Johnny Mac off the team because of his poor attitude in regards to AUGs last year, the whole not turning up because of same lame "representing my country" crap. So yeah for punishment we have made him play with Jangles.

We also released Al from his contract to represent some poorly named suburban team, though are expecting him to come crawling back. So yeah - we have cut some dead weight and are looking to blood a few new UQ rookies. It shall be very interesting.

On the topic of Lounge Lizards, hows the split going down. X/Y or A/B?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:53:39 AM by Chris » Logged

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese