UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. June 19, 2019, 11:15:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Halibut 2007  (Read 54553 times)
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »

would say 5kg for every time they have represented australia and/or received MVP at Nationals 
i like the idea.

i still think we need to see a return of bubble boy for halibut. anyone up for breaking pottsy arm??
MattA

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2007, 03:13:25 AM »

from memory the broken arm did not slow him down...

and please dont break pottsy on purpose, he does it often enough on his own!!!!!!!!!

(although the evil side of me says that i want to see Jangles TRY to break pottsy's arm.... he he he  Cheesy)

mattA
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2007, 05:29:17 AM »

Is 'A day at the races' really that stacked?  Where is the JDR write up on them when you need it?  How many Australian reps and MVPs are there on the team? 

I don't know Andrew Craig, but I guess I see 4 Aus reps, but will they even be reps next year.  Ah, the questions.  Well, I would have to say it is going to be an interesting tournament.   
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2007, 05:35:53 AM »

Andre Craig is Nans, '04 mixed team, Gong player.

Like so many things organised by piers there is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Tongue

Who actually knows who will end up on that team? I hear Jonno Holmes is looking for a lift up to the 'But, where is he going to end up if he can get there?

-Tom
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »

I would say 5kg for every time they have represented australia and/or received MVP at Nationals Wink
Sweet. I'd fit right in  Grin

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2007, 06:13:14 PM »

Is 'A day at the races' really that stacked?

Well Gus Keenan has just been added to their list as well.

Plus you are there too Brett - are you actually playing for them, or UQ?

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »

UQ has all but sunk to the bottom of the ocean held up only by chris and will so i think they are going down. As for a day at the races they are my tip for victory and UQ for wooden spoon.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2007, 02:39:14 AM »

Nah, I'll pretty sure the pie wagon is going to come and smash all-comers

-Tom
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2007, 04:49:17 AM »

First off, UQ will not get wooden spoon.  They will definitely compete with Hooray for Everything and many other teams, though agreed, they will not be finishing in the top 4.  We have already got a few imports in, and they are quite strong. 

Second, why must Jangles always talk down UQ?  Why can't the QLD Unis support each other instead of bicker amongst themselves?  I have faith in UQ even considering the fact most of its players are on alternate teams.  I also have faith in Hooray (QUT + extras) to upset some teams and show those other states where it is at. 

Lastly, Newcastle is strong, but I would agree to lean towards Races to take it out, with Mind the Gap and Spare room to be in contention.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2007, 06:43:12 PM »

Well, in general, I favour really good teams over teams of really good players.

Mind the gap certainly have the team factor, combined with a strong player base. Spare room *will* get the team factor with only a little more time but I don't think they are a match for pie wagon. The Pie Wagon have only improved their player base since last year. This is particularly noticable with some star female pickups. A Day at the Races has heaps of great players, some of which I really love and cherish Smiley but without training and all that jazz, it'd be hard at points for them to pull through. Perhaps their starpower will be enough.

I should get around to booking tickets up there...  Smiley

-Tom
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »

Party Update:  Theme has been announced - Op Shop Formal.  Not my favourite, but at least I get this weekend to do some shopping.

Draw Update:  16 teams now confirmed.  Outstanding.  Draw is TBA, but expect four pools of four to start.

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »

its all in good fun brett but i suppose ill lay of the smacking of UQ. looking forward to YUFL next week we have been turned belly up with players unable to make games coz of uni but we will bring what we can to the game next week brett.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2007, 02:09:04 AM »

Second, why must Jangles always talk down UQ? 
AHAHA I think it has something to do with the copious amount of shit I put on QUT on a daily basis. That said I think there is enough love amoungst the QLDers that it's not a real issue, I love QUT like I love a younger sibling - love em secretly and make sure they know there place!

Cheesy

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2007, 01:07:27 AM »

I am sorting out our informal uniform tonight i am gonna have the male portion of the macnaughtons looking sexy if that is possible. look out ladies johnny is on the prowl... GRRRRRR!!!! Cheesy
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2007, 11:56:49 PM »

So here's my final tips, as counted down on the Brisbane Ultimate Blog.  Various riders as included on the blog itself.

1. A Day at the Races (Brisbane Motley)         featuring the Mighty Brett
2. Mind the Gap (Brisbane Mafia)
3. Pie Wagon (Newcastle)
4. Spare Room (Melbourne/Adelaide)
5. Muffin Tops (Brisbane Maniacs)
6. Lounge Lizards Original (Brisbane YUFL)
7. Lounge Lizards Spicy (Brisbane YUFL)
8. Concrete Donkey (Townsville)
9. G-Unit (Griffith Gold Coast)
10. Da Frizz (Adelaide)
11. Hooray for Everything (QUT Brisbane)           featuring the mighty Jangles
12. Lovers (UQ Brisbane)                                 featuring the mighty Chris
13. Your Mum (Adelaide)
14. The Pass (Byron Bay)
15. Armidale Freeze (Armidale)
16. Lost at Sea (Pickup Team)

And for your interest, here's the leaked seedings, done by people who are way better at this than me, no doubt (but noting that they haven't been fussed over too much, as the draw of 16 minimises the importance of seeding). It could be too that they just pinched what I'd been saying!

1. A Day at the Races (Brisbane)
2. Mind The Gap (Brisbane)
3. Pie Wagon (Newcastle)
4. Spare Room (Vic)
5. Hooray For Everything (Brisbane)
6. Concrete Donkey (North Queensland)
7. Lounge Lizards Original (Brisbane)
8. Da Frizz (SA)
9. The Pass (NSW)
10. Muffin Tops (Brisbane)
11. UQ Lovers (Brisbane)
12. Lounge Lizards Spicy (Brisbane)
13. Your Mum (Down south somewhere)
14. Armidale Freeze (Armidale)
15. GU-Nit
16. Lost At Sea (Pick up)

Any last minute bets?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese