UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. June 26, 2019, 10:32:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tweak it out. Customize the look and feel of UltiTalk by changing your Theme Settings.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Halibut 2007  (Read 54673 times)
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2007, 02:22:22 AM »

only one question;  When did Brett become worthy of noting which team he is on, let alone, when did he become mighty?

That is all
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2007, 04:28:36 AM »

A Day At The Races vs Spare Room final
Mind the Gap over Pie Wagon for 3rd
Concrete Donkey to win the party
Goldie for MVP
Tom Watson will get at least two sweet heckles on Isherwood
Oldman will lose his shirt
Cunliffe to have a bad haircut

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »

Cunliffe to have a bad haircut
That's not really a "prediction" now is it?

So JdR when will you have the official results list up?

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2007, 06:09:00 AM »

Unofficial early ramble, Sunday night after Halibut.
I've had a shower and something to eat.
- Halibut was a really good tournament.  Weather was great (a bit gusty yesterday), unlimited food.  Home brew at the final.
- Great job from the TDs
- Newcastle Pie Wagon defeated A Day at the Races in the Final.  I think the score was about 15-11 in the end (unofficial - it might've been 15-12 but sorry I forgot to pay enough attention) after being point for point until about 9-9.  A high quality game for the crowd with Badman leading on the heckle count.  The well drilled Pies were able to overcome the individual brilliance of Races.
- Andy McLean of Lounge Lizard Spicy took MVP, Women's MVP was a tie between Joanna of Townsville and someone else (sorry!)
- Pie Wagon also took Spirit, A Day at the Races also probably took party (alas, I pumpkined at midnight) although Gold Coast Griffith Uni G-Unit had the best team outfit (all dressing as Stefan).   Hamish took best male outfit, and Peta McNaughton best female party outfit.
- 16 teams all together was a VERY big tournament.  Not only teams from Adelaide, Melbourne, Newcastle, Byron, Armidale, Townsville, Gold Coast, but stray players from Darwin, Perth, Sydney, Bundaberg, Canberra.
- Spare Room (Melb) and Mind the Gap (Bris) played off for 3rd but I don't know who won.  Hooray for Everything (Bris) and Lounge Lizard Original were 5th and 6th.  I think Concrete Donkey (Townsville) came in 7th, and did drink very hard overnight, with the Pass (Byron) 8th.  All this is provisional, unofficial and quite possibly wrong.
- Dom Ventura remains pretty awesome.
- Chris C did have a bad haircut

Brisbane Ultimate Blog will have photos through the week, but check out http://brisbaneultimatedisc.blogspot.com/2007/05/seven-things-to-do-after-halibut.html

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2007, 05:25:27 AM »

I think I might have heckled woodley only once or twice...

I'd just like to say that I called the pie wagon as the victors months ago... Tongue

Was a damn sweet tournament and party, had a ball and got to know a few brisbane kiddies a little better Wink

-Tom
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2007, 10:20:57 AM »

Sweet. All I need is confirmation on whether Oldman managed to have his shirt on all weekend.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2007, 06:20:24 PM »

I did not shadow Oldman as much as I'd like to have, but he was still playing on Sunday, or I should say, running around the field on Sunday.

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »

Unfortunaely whenever i saw oldman he had a shirt on. pottsy on the other hand was shown up by tim who played the final is a beautiful full length hot black dress. Is this the end of pottsy era??

Thanks tom for scrimmimaging with us. <meant to be spelt like that!!! I cant believe we held our seeding whats the deal?? can i add worst throw of the tourey goes to Liam "Wetnose" "Borat" Gillions v Da Friz Who managed to huck to the corner of the end zone on the next field. only 20 metres of course now!!!
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2007, 10:01:58 PM »

sure my huge handblocking of Wetnose rates a mention (even if I must mention it myself).

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2007, 12:41:12 AM »

just to back up dom's position as the most awesome player in Queensland he got a foot block his first point on the field. i think it was on tim booth.
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »

Just to correct - Spare Room came 3rd, Mind the Gap 4th.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese