UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. December 18, 2017, 05:06:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tweak it out. Customize the look and feel of UltiTalk by changing your Theme Settings.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's Karma?  (Read 19235 times)
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 02:27:43 AM »

What's Karma and who is giving it to me? Is it useful for anything?

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:14:39 AM »

very good question, and why aint i getting any, am i pissing off too many people, lol.

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:57:29 AM »

Karma: The cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

So, if your Karma is positive, you are doing to others as you'd have done unto you.  Smiley

But, if your Karma is negative, you are a rude bastard who is upsetting the UltiTalk masses.  Sad  That or people simply don't agree with your viewpoints.  Wink

To cheer (give good karma) or heckle (give bad karma) to a UT member, simply click on the appropriate link next to their name in any of their posts.

Tally ho!

- Seppo

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:29:52 AM »

so it has no real bearing on the site, its just so people can see if others like you/your viewpoints or not. So will you get kicked out for having negative Karma.

D

Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:53:34 AM »

Heck no.  Do you get kicked out of a game for not cheering the other team?  No way!   Tongue

Speak yo mind.....and let Karma take it's course.   Wink

- Seppoooooooooooooooo  (has been drinking all night....and made the final table in a charity poker tourney....but went out "ON THE BUBBLE")

Ohhhhhhhhhh...   Shocked

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 09:22:10 AM »

Hmmm... I'm piling up too much Karma...

*runs off to piss off the UT masses*

Where's Jangles...?!?

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:48:13 PM »

right here baby ill heckle away. ill see how -ve i can get you
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 10:57:18 PM »

I just gave out my first Karma points... a "heckle" to Jangles. Now where's Wood...

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 01:13:11 AM »

sweet i am on minus 8 so who else doesnt like me  Cry im only a little kid.
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 03:33:57 AM »

figures, most little kids are annoying, lol, though its funny to watch you guys go at it.

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »

figures, most little kids are annoying, lol, though its funny to watch you guys go at it.
I'm amazed at how many people are sitting back and watching. I feel like on the Big Brother of Ulti Talk and the Karma is like the public vote. I started so well with +6/-1, though in recent nominations I have been smashed to +7/-5! But...

"It's time to leave... Jangles!"

*kidding*

Grin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:10:50 AM by Chris » Logged

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 11:33:36 PM »

Its hilarious to watch you guys go at it, makes you wonder if you do it at the games, or if your just whimps and only do it on the net.

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 07:55:24 PM »

oh we are quite nice to each other. just rip each other appart occasionally when we stuff up. Plus we have to fuel the QUT v UQ rivalry.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »

Its hilarious to watch you guys go at it, makes you wonder if you do it at the games, or if your just whimps and only do it on the net.
AHAHA - we're just whimps...

Nah I'd argue that we go hard enough on the field, but obviously not at the expense of spirit - me and Jangles play for the same team (Firestorm) as do Wood and Moroney (HoS) so it's mainly just friendly banter that spices things up a little. Thus the name "smack talk" because it for the most part we are talking complete garbage...  except for when I'm talking about Jangles - that's all true... Roll Eyes.

oh we are quite nice to each other. just rip each other appart occasionally when we stuff up. Plus we have to fuel the QUT v UQ rivalry.
AHAHA - sure Jangles... rivalry... when QUT can put up a good fight we will call it a rivalry.

Here's my prediction for AUGs 2007 - the UQ2 team will beat QUT!

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese