UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. April 23, 2019, 06:30:28 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Are you a minimalist?  Try the UltiTalk Simple Theme by changing your Current Theme.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Official" supporters group for U23/U19 teams?  (Read 10664 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »

Hi. I haven't been here for a while.

So I'm going to somehow coordinate a bit of a supporters group for the U23 and U19 Aussie teams since about 200 of us will be in Europe anyway for WUCC. Any ideas for a sweet name?

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:12:47 AM »

Robsquad?
woodie13

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:51:06 AM »

Worlds
Elite
Supporting
Ultimate
Kids

Huh?

The T-shirts will sell!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:02:23 AM by woodie13 » Logged
Pallen

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:28:45 AM »

Nice and boring, AUS - Australian Ultimate Supporters...

On the note of U23, the opens team was just announced today, and here's my rant, which I need to get off my chest so I don't stay this annoyed. For starters here is the team:

Jake Angelovich VIC
Sebastian Barr VIC
Peter Blakeley NSW
Alexander Britten-Jones SA
Nicholas Dowle NSW
Mark Evans NSW
Glen Fowles WA
Christopher Hill NSW
Matt Hill VIC
Andrew Jackson ACT
Stephen Johnson VIC
Samuel Kuchel VIC
David Lockhart VIC
Lachlan McDonald VIC
John McNaughton QLD
Brett "Sweet As" Middleton SA
Andy Moroney VIC
Logan Rhyne NZ
Daniel Rule VIC
Calan Spielman NSW
Tom Tulett NSW NOT QLD
Luke Turner NSW
Tiger Webb NSW
Phil White NSW
Tim Wise VIC

Sure the team is really awesome when you look at it, I mean I agree wholeheartedly with the selections...well at least with 18 of them, and can see why another 4 were chosen. But if they had told us at the beginning that the best way to make the team was to play well in prior events then get injured and sit out the majority of the selections, then maybe I would have stayed here last year and played at nationals in australia instead of in england and put my name in the hat.

It appears that at least 4 of those selected played between 0-33% of the camps. Firstly, how can you select someone who you haven't seen play in over 4 months perhaps or even longer on their previous achievements, let me just say, it's remarkably easy to lose form in sport, I know, because I lost form in the 6 weeks I was out with a hole in my foot, leaving 3 weeks to prepare from not being able to walk properly to being match ready for the 1st camp, where I played like absolute crap (new people, no match practice, terrible fields for someone just getting back into it). No other sport selects players to play for their team if they haven't proven themselves in lower level games or at training in the 3 months prior to the team selection, why should ultimate? Sure they might be good but in 4 more months at the actual comp but aren't the players who have been training going to be better then as well?

Then there are players who played some of the camps, but didn't really do anything special in this time to justify there spot on the team, again, previous performances? bit unfair on the people who played better than them at the camps but haven't been seen before by the selectors.

Because this is basically just a pointless rant, when are we going to stop taking imports into our freaking national teams? Sure if they are a citizen and are better than others on the team, fair enough, but this keeps happening, surely an australian playing FOR their country will have that extra level that a non-australian playing with our country just won't have when the crunch time comes along. It's called national pride perhaps?

I could go on and justify these points more thoroughly and even add multiple other ones, but this rant has served it's purpose now. all calmed down.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese