UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 01, 2014, 10:14:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 5 on 5  (Read 2024 times)
alexb

United States United States

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:39:13 PM »

We have a 5 on 5 tourny coming up for my high school team. I really like running stacks in 7 on 7 format but does anyone have any advice on how to plan a stack for a 5 on 5. Is the stack even beneficial for these games? I prefer the horizontal stack but i think that would be even harder to pull off then a vertical stack in 5 on 5.
evanhp

United States United States

The Rock-Rockford, IL 2009

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

i would try a 2 handle -3 stack with one middle.
make the middle your best cutter, use him as the go-to-guy.
just adapt everything to this offense and the stack should work pretty good.
just my opinions, if they don't work, than just switch to something else.
have a great day!

-Promoting Ultimate in the Midwest-Ozarks
www.UPOz.org
Pepper

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:48:05 AM »

I would definately play a horizontal stack with 3 cutters, 2 handlers. In 5-5 there is a lot of space on the field, so you should utilize that as best you can. Especially the deep option is a good one, since there is hardly anyone who can hang out deep.

My favorite play would be to get the disc to a good thrower in a power position in about 2 throws, then huck it to one of your faster guys.

Want to win? Want to improve your distance, accuracy and effictiveness throwing a frisbee disc? - Visit www.howtothrowlikeapro.com!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese