UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. December 13, 2019, 02:47:55 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Jangles-Chris-Wood Smack Talk  (Read 116340 times)
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 11:29:02 PM »

After reading through other threads looking for useful information on the topic at hand, i noticed that the smack talk has transcended one topic and actually become the lead topic in every thread.  Due to this, I figured you guys can have your own thread to thoroughly discuss this and make it easy as now you don't have to shuffle through each thread to see the latest smack talk. 

To start this thread, I pose the question to all ultitalkers, rank Jangles, Chris and Wood accordingly, best to worst, on whatever criteria you wish.  GO!!!!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:53:18 AM »

Ego
1. Wood
2. Jangles
3. Chris

Incoherent ramblings
1. Chris
2. Wood
3. Jangles

Ability to read the disc
=3. Jangles
=3. Chris
=3. Wood

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 01:58:41 AM »

Oh, and one more while I'm at it

Sick throwaways
=3. Wood
=3. Chris
=3. Jangles
4. Moroney

Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:14:57 AM »

Well because Bretty wants only "productive" talk in the "serious" threads I thought I would respond to Wood here...

Whereas you still look like a chump on and off the field because you have a rats tail mate.
Pfft - whatever... My mum says I'm cool!

I was just sitting here doing some research chris when i all of a sudden had a great idea, nothing speaks louder than stats. So here i was thinking where will i get some stats that are quite comparable and appropriate?
Well you could do a bit of data collection down at NUFL and count the number of times I score on your ass! Seems comparable and appropriate to me...

Then it hit me chris, lets look at some worlds stats.  I clicked on booty and checked your stats out, you achieved a mere 11 stats for 10 games of ultimate buddy, now anyone can correct me if i am wrong here, but if someone who has this thing called skill can only receive the disc once per game in the endzone, then in my eyes this just screams "CHUMP".
Allow me to enlighten you...

Firstly - I was injured for the last 3 games.

Secondly it is called being a "defensive receiver", as in, they sometimes play good, agile and "quick" players on their defensive lines to get the D and then score - something I'm assuming you wouldn't know a lot about it considering you're neither, good, agile or quick, but you will have to take my word that is much harder way of scoring points.

Then there is the issue of "number of points played per game". The thing about being an average player on a good team is you don't play as much and the scoring workload is shared (as in 12 people on Booty scored 5+ points to Goldigaz 7, not to mention the class of opposition Booty faced in comparison to Goldigaz would arguably make each goal that we scored more difficult).

Anyway I probably played 1 in every 4 points in most games, with two notable games were I wouldn't have played more than 2 points in each. Now you might argue that this is a reflection of me being shit (well at least in comparison to my other team mates) but this argument isn't about my skill in comparison to Booty players - it's my comparison to you, and may be more a reflection of the team you were able to make...

So whilst the stats may say you scored more goals, that doesn't mean much unless it is put into perspective. Like would you say Mark Taylor was a better batsman than Don Bradman because he scored more runs than him... of course not. Because conversions are what matter - and I will show some of my methods for gaining "conversions" on your ass at NUFL. 

Also you achieved donuts on four different occasions, come on i mean you were the tallest guy on your team.
It's called being out of the last 3 games due to injury...

However after saying all this i will make sure that i do play against you at NUFL and that i hope some of this amazing skill that you have over jangles and myself rubs off, because your obviously oozing with the stuff.
Unfortunately the only thing that rubs off me during games is a sweat - but if you'ree marking me I probably won't even break one.

My advice to you is get some throws, get a read and then get some stats you donut achieving chump.
I'll bring all those things to NUFL as long as you bring a notepad and pen so your can take notes between each lesson I give you on the field.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 04:20:48 AM »

I concur with the worst of everything people say.

I think the question that everyone here is missing is which of these boys has the goods when it comes to lawn bowls. I'm willing to go out on a limb here and put out my ranking but I'm willing to contribute to the greens fees to see these boys play off at AUGs to determine who the true champion is.

Without further ado, my lawn bowl predictions....

1) Jangles
2) Moroney
3) Chris
4) Woodley

If not AUGs, maybe we can do it at NUFL? Give me something to get excited about when I'm driving up to sydney...

Don't let me down Jangles!

-Tom
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 05:34:09 AM »

just want to quickly make something clear that all my smack talk is done with a huge big smile on my face and it is purely done to have a laugh.  Thats it short and sweet.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 06:00:45 AM »

Don't let me down Jangles!

To be honest i havent played since NUGs last year. i should be able to hold my own anytime anywhere boys ill test the greens.
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 07:19:49 AM »

Now that smack talk has been given its own home, I predict a swift death to pretty much every other thread on this website.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 09:15:50 AM »

Pfft - whatever... My mum says I'm cool!
Yeah, she did mention that...

ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »

I fear that Frankie might be correct.... Embarrassed
FarmerJohn

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

Quote from: Chris
Secondly it is called being a "defensive receiver", as in, they sometimes play good, agile and "quick" players on their defensive lines to get the D and then score - something I'm assuming you wouldn't know a lot about it considering you're neither, good, agile or quick, but you will have to take my word that is much harder way of scoring points.

Chris, since you were on a good team you wouldn't be much familiar with this situation. But those of us that were on bad teams at worlds (Redbacks Wink ) didn't much have the opportunity the put D lines on the field. In all but our last two games, the highest number of points we ever scored was 7. We're not so much familiar with "defensive receivers" because we never get to put them on the field. So you have to understand Wood probably has no idea what you're talking about for good, agile, and quick, and even less so when you put the "defensive receiver" term in there.

My assorted ultimate thoughts - farmerulti.blogspot.com
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »

Yeah, Wood's playing as a deep receiver this year for BUUF for much the same reasons you put the new girl in that position - in the hopes that they're already in the endzone when they catch it so you don't have to rely on them completing a pass.

By the way Wood, I've got a google image search for "massive pipe" on standby for when you reply.

woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 12:18:30 PM »

ohh i love this smack talk thread, it's glorious.  As usual everyone is having a crack and trying to claim their spot as the top dog, great stuff coming through. 

Just to clarify things, chris i smashed your ass up in that last post buddy, i can't believe how badly u piped up, fantastic.  and just to inform you, i know goldigaz sucked balls but we did have o and d lines. and i hate to tell you this but my position was d receiver aswell mate, i earnt my stats don't worry.  how much better is nufl gonna be now, thats the beauty of smack talk experiencing the highs and lows.  I mean if you score on me my heart will just drop through my stomach and when u waggle it i will be shattered, but it's the same for you too.  its all about the highs and lows

now off to farmer, wow bang out of the blue i got booted in the nuts, well done.  Since you are actually quite shit at frisbee and are quite useless i am having reservations about actually getting you back for that.  in the unwritten law of heckling your allowed to heckle people who are actually able to 1. take the shit 2. and good enough not to be disheartened when they get shit.  Since you don't fit into either of these criterion i best let you have your little third person pipe and let you run on.  Don't come playing with the big boys when your such a princess

i am up for some lawn bowls for sure to tom, little disappointed you put me down as losing to moroney tho.  i can handle the other 2 being put above me but not andy.  you must realise how insulting it actually is.

and simon you fit into criteria 2 as above.
love it boys keep it coming
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:20:46 PM by woodley#53 » Logged
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 08:08:16 PM »

Sorry woodley, someone has to look out for moroney's ego, (aside from him). If everyone puts him last in their list of preferences, he might roll up into a little ball and disappear. Gotta give our young players encouragement.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 08:19:55 PM »

Nah, he'll be fine Tom. Without Wood and I, he would have no motivation at all. I'm certain that he actually plays a lot better when we're around, simply because if he makes even the tiniest mistake, he'll get absolutely barreled. I'm starting to get a bit agitated, actually. He hasn't made a mistake in my presence for quite some time now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese