UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 19, 2019, 11:25:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tweak it out. Customize the look and feel of UltiTalk by changing your Theme Settings.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Aussie Ulti Gossip?  (Read 10621 times)
Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »

What's the latest word from down unda?  Any team/player gossip to report? 

Which team/city is poised to take down the National League this year?  Or even Nationals 2007 in Melbourne?

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 06:46:48 AM »

Not Ballarat

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tassie Joe

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:38:08 PM »

Nor Tassie.  From the announced regional allocations, Southern Region only gets 3 spots, which is going to make it a VERY hard fought regionals tournament.  We might not even get in at all. Sad

Two chili teams and an Adelaide team are who the pundits are expecting to get through, so Tassie and Ballarat (if they're entering) will both need to beat those teams to even qualify for Nats.  Dang sydney and their massive player base. Wink
Can't complain too much, I realise that Nationals is not intended to be for the development of Ultimate in lower-skills/smaller-regions, and that Tassie certainly shouldn't expect any special treatment to get in, but it's pretty hard work down here, flying to every tournament.  Hurts in the hip-pocket.

Still, we have fun, and my little team is coming along in leaps and bounds...
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »

pundits rating adelaide? No way!

South will probably get the wildcard from West, since they are only getting one team

I think that Chilly A and Heads of State will make it in and then it will be a tussle between you guys in tassy and chilly B to get the 3rd spot. There is a good chance you guys will get an next spot anyway...
Tassie Joe

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »

pundits rating adelaide? No way!

Yeah, I wrote that before I had a lot of information, hence some inaccurate speculation.  It's now known that Chilly are splitting evenly (not A and B) and Adelaide are sending two seperate club teams, not a strong team and a weak team.  There's more on this in the other thread though.
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 04:02:46 AM »

Chilly are splitting evenly

They don't look even to me.

Tassie Joe

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 06:57:25 AM »

I've only heard that from outside gossip and speculation.  Can you spread light on the rumours?
Will there be a strong chili and a weak chili?

Who should we selectively ankle tap? (just kidding)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 08:05:32 AM »

Chilly are splitting evenly

They don't look even to me.
Dan and I nutted this one out on the way home on Monday, Timill. It's like they've split into quarters, putting the 1st and 4th on one team, and 2nd and 3rd on the other.

Does that even make sense? Either way, it's not a real A/B.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

Forum Joe
As I understand it...  Due to many 'Chilly A' players not attending regionals, regulations mean that the 'Chilly A' players that are at regionals have to play on the same team. Which makes it difficult to make two even teams when the best players are all on the same team. So in an attempt to make these teams even, they've put the 'better' players and the 'not as good' players on one team, and the people in the middle on the other team.

Simmo explained it well.

I'd put my money on Hot Chilly to win when they play each other in the pool matches. Not to say that the other team won't be any good, cos they will be.

moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 12:31:23 AM »

Happy Birthday Friesey!

Hope KP gets a chance to come down and eat your birthday cake. Spotted Dick was your favourite yeah?

G A R Y !!!

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 03:51:36 AM »

moroney i am sensing that maybe your doing a little bit of J A RRY. your quite good at it, remember your performance in b-town between you and sizz ova donna.  i just dont know if KP finds anorexic, hairy irish men that attractive.  Keep trying tho, who knows one day she might throw on the goggles and you mightn't look so bad.  Just to clarify i meant beer goggles not frisbee goggles, because we all know if she was wearing her frisbee goggles and watching you, you have no chance whats so ever.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese