UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 26, 2014, 01:23:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Youth Nats  (Read 105531 times)
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2007, 03:06:03 AM »

Let's see if we can get some talk happening for the upcoming Australian Youth Ultimate Championships.

All the details are here if you want to know about the tournament.

With players coming from everywhere (ACT, NSW, QLD, VIC, TAS, SA, NT) this is shaping up to be the biggest and best AYUC so far.

The NSW Gala Day (which was held last week) was a big success and should see a lot of juniors attending AJUC for the first time. Meanwhile, down south, the very first Victorian Youth Championships will be held this weekend at Hammon Park Creswick.

With seven 2006 Australian Junior players spread over 5 different teams, it's sure to be a tightly fought contest.

If you're involved with any of the players or teams going, let us know how they're traveling.

I've been co-coaching a team from Ballarat called 'Church St'. You may have seen them beat their rivals 'Kangamoose' in the showcase game between the finals at Nationals this year.

Get behind the future of Australian Ultimate and support the upcoming Ultimate stars.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:11:11 AM by timill » Logged

Robbie

Australia Australia

Life is a game, Frisbee is Serious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:51:25 AM »

Well hello, for those who don't know me, I'm Robbie from Adelaide. I have been playing for nearly one and half years hooray. lest see, my club is Flinders Fury or Flinders university Ultimate Frisbee Club and our open team, Model Inc. won our 3rd straight state league title last weddnesday. anyways, my experience includes regionals last year, mixednats and the melbourne hat last year, regionals and Nats with Karma this year and today i found out i got selected as a free agent for NUFL YAY! I'm pretty tall for a 16 yearold, 6 foot four however i am a handler not a reciever. i have huge hopes for ultimate in the next few years, i have a vision where players will be walking down the street and people will be whispering "I don't believe it, is that Robbie Andrew from Model inc.?" and then all us ultimate players will get the fast cars and fast women. oh yeah, playing for church st tis year due to a lack of SA players and knowing some people from ballarat, ahh you may remember me from nats when i was kicked out of the juniors game for being too mean. anyways, thats my story. Cheesy

Model Inc. SAFDA open champions 2005, 2006 and 2007!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:22:07 AM »

My name's Tiger Webb, and I'm very new at this Ultimate game. I'm the captain of Panic! At the Disc, a NSW team made up primarily of blokes from my school and no girls whatsoever - which could come back to bite me in the ass when I realise that the format is 3:3.

The most experienced our team gets is me and three of my friends who've been playing since NSL Spring Hat last year - we managed to emerge undefeated at Gala Day somehow, despite playing against teams of friends like Phil White and Tom Tullett who are both Junior Worlds stalwarts. We have managed, however, to wrangle ourself a coach and we've been having trainings which nobody turns up to for quite some time now.

I thought before reading Robbie's post that we'd have a chance, but who in the name of pluperfect hell is six foot four at 16? I'm 17, and I'm hardly even five foot! But what I lack in actual Ultimate experience and height, I make up for in my specialty throw - blind scoobers. And even if we don't go particularly well, it'll be great to check out the state of Junior Ultimate in Australia, and make some friendships that will (being very hopeful here) last until Worlds 08.

T.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:25:33 AM »

Nice work Robbie and Tiger.

Congrats Robbie on becoming a Free Agent. It should be awesome getting to play with one of the top teams in Australia. I can't wait for NUFL.
Congrats to you too Tiger. Winning the Gala Day is a top effort, especially against teams with Cupcake and Beast. You must have really played well. Good stuff.

How are the other teams from NSW looking Tiger?

Robbie

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »

I'm really excited about youth nats and seeing where the junior standard is around Australia. I've never played junior ultimate before so it is going to be a whole new experience for me. and Tiger, no need to worry about my height cos a) im a handler, not a reciever and b) i can't jump for crap anyways (not that i really need to). I really look forward to seeing al the other juniors around australia and making heaps of new friends along the way.

Lex

Australia Australia

In - Tents Defence!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 06:18:46 AM »

G'day All.

My name is Alex (or Lex) and Ive only been playing for around 5 league games Wink But I go to school with Cupcake and he trains me well Grin. We did go in the gala day and came 2nd but the finals were a close game.

I am playing in Youth Nats and am looking so forward to it! IM PUMPED! lol. The team that I shall be playing in is called " In - Tents " and I think we have a good chance of winning Wink Tom Tulett as our captain Ellie spark co captain and Nick dowle as the coach I think our new players (inc me) are getting our skills up. We have the same name in our league team. I am very excited about youth nats and am looking forward to making some new friends. Hope everyone does well and see you there Wink

-Alex
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:20:47 AM by Lex » Logged

Lay-out
Lay-well.
Quote from: Simon Talbot
Hammer from sash to monkey man. 16-11. It's all over. Just quietly, i'm smashed! Yeah chilly!
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Lex.
cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 08:04:32 PM »

heeeeyyyyy.

yeah lex, as he said our team is called in - tents. It is a combo of athletic fresh newbie players, and a bunch of kiddies that think they are seasoned vetrens. We come from all different schools across northern sydney, which makes it a bit difficult to train and all that. But we do manage to squeeze nsl div two as our weekly training. we are travelling fairly good for a juniors team, 7th at the moment with a win, two draws and a fustrating one point loss. but thats enough of that.

I am gonna throw it out there, that robbie is lieing about his age Cheesy truely he is a 30 year old man, that is really annoyed that there was no juniors scene in the 70's, so he is pretending to be 16. Just a theory. Otherwise i am just totally in awe that some one younger then me is pretty much a foot taller then me, i feel you pain tiger. i am also flabbergasted that some that is freakishly tall, and 16, isnt a reciever! but we all know handling is the place to be.

As for youth nats, cant wait, im pump to get out there and show off our teams' new found talent, and spiffy shirts Smiley

cupcake!

YEAH IN - TENTS!!

that was in - tents
Robbie

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »

I'm really hoping that i'm not going to become the freakshow entertainment at this tourni, "pay a dollar to come see the freak!" as cupcake said, handling is the place to be, if I'm feeling really mean/enthusiastic, i may make some really long handler cuts to the endzone when tom's marking me Grin

cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »

the longest cut i want to make all tournie is a stingey up the line dump cut. now im just not gonna play d points, offencive handler...yeahya

that was in - tents
Robbie

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 09:47:20 PM »

yeah, fair call, just if anyone is interested, the south australian, open league final highlight video is downloadable here... http://www.flindersfury.com/videos.html it's really good.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:16:30 AM by Robbie » Logged

Kablamo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 10:45:07 PM »

Hey my name is David.
I play for Kangamoose, who are a new team in Melbourne, only formed a few months ago and have been training every week since, our team played in the demo game against church st (and robbie) at Nats, we also scored a second place at state youth games A grade 1week ago and won the vic junior championships yesterday (saturday).

We plan on comming to syd and playing our best and hopfully making the finals, so see you guys (and girls) in a few weeks Smiley
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 02:35:48 AM »

How are the other teams from NSW looking Tiger?

While I don't pretend to actually know anything about this whole Ultimate thing, looks like the old grudge match line up - In-Tents are a damn good team and well on their way to becoming a damn fine team, but I don't think Cupcake needs me to spruik them anymore than he already has, and Chatswood have some junior representatives like Phil White and Angela Fehlner, and the whole team's been playing together for quite a while, so they should have some nice cohesion and form over us, who haven't.

There was going to be a Central Coast team - Meagan Carrero was heading that one - but after she couldn't get any guys sorted and six girls from our team dropped out Meagan decided that she wouldn't mind playing with us (which I'm very very thankful for, I was really worried we wouldn't be able to field a team) and I think that's about it from NSW.

Can't wait to meet all these people who are taller than me at the training camp - I just hope the bad weather lets up so that my team can actually hold a training session!

T.

cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 03:45:52 AM »

just to confirm tiger, does megan playing for you guys also ensure our beloved friend from over in sheep shagging territory, barbs, is also playing for you guys? i think those two girls on a line together is a scary enough thought, but then put them on your line? i dont really want to find out. none the less it will make the overall standard higher.

cupcake

that was in - tents
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 03:53:03 AM »

Yup. I've spoken to Meagan and added her Coastie mates, which does include Barb.

Our roster looks bigger than it actually is because a few people aren't playing on one day or the other.

T.

cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 04:03:15 AM »

ok now i am scared...and then we chuck in vic teams, which one has a giant handler that could probably break every force in junior ultimate due to his size, not to mention the rest

that was in - tents
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese