UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 06, 2020, 04:58:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Youth Nats  (Read 239406 times)
cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2007, 04:21:25 AM »

i would say dropping the pull would be worse...hand blocks you dont really have much controll over

CUPCAKE

that was in - tents
Robbie

Australia Australia

Life is a game, Frisbee is Serious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »

If you drop the pull, you probably don't have much control over it do you...

Model Inc. SAFDA open champions 2005, 2006 and 2007!
cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2007, 05:57:24 AM »

well its not like there is a hand there stopping you from catching is there...well apart from your own.

that was in - tents
maxibon

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2007, 06:38:39 AM »

Well actually in this case it was the marsh we were playing on that made him drop the pull...tried to jump and got stuck halfway  Cheesy

Still you cannot beat the feeling of footblock (and to a lesser extent handblock)
12 hours people, 12 hours! Lets hope this cyclone blows itself out!

Cheers,
Max
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »

not long now guys.

good luck for the training camp.

tell piers that i said hello.

church st came to melbourne tonight to play some league.

they won against a pretty good team.

looking forward to the weekend.

see you all soon.

Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 04, 2007, 09:54:39 AM »

Dropping the disc is always worse then making a bad throw... Even if the throw is into the markers hand/foot.

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
darkspinach

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 04, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »

hey everyone..

not long to go at all. so wishing i was gonna be there tomorrow, but oh well, what can ya do?  however, i've sorta injured myself.. pulled a muscle, or done something to it - i have no idea what - but it's all good.
as timill said, we played some ultimate down in melbourne tonight, and although i didn't get to play much of it at all, it was good stuff.

however...  in the process of tonight, we've found that the 1 metre marking is gonna have some interesting results, let me assure you..

anyway, have an awesome time over the next couple days, will see you all there saturday morning!

tom

One and only player to score and win with a corkscrew (it's a real throw too!), yes, it's true!
Robbie

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2007, 04:17:43 AM »

Hope you are all having a fun time, i have only 1 more day of being hugged ans snotted on by 7 yearolds! can't wait to see everyone!

timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2007, 05:04:51 AM »

how was day one of the training camp?

Lex

Australia Australia

In - Tents Defence!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2007, 06:09:15 AM »

Ahh so much fun!

I made some new friends today (Hopefully) and got to meet people with the same ability as me (Noobie). I met tiger today lol we got along in his own special way.. Im looking forward to meeting Kangermoose and Church St. Smiley The amount of work I did today is as much as I have done in the last year.. So I think im gonna be stuffed by the end of it learned lots of new skills as well but in all today was intense (Pun intended Smiley). Hope to all see you there tomorrow! Cheers.

-Alex
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:40:05 AM by Lex » Logged

Lay-out
Lay-well.
Quote from: Simon Talbot
Hammer from sash to monkey man. 16-11. It's all over. Just quietly, i'm smashed! Yeah chilly!
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Lex.
Robbie

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2007, 07:14:15 AM »

You see, Church st are smart enough to not go tire ourselves out before nats...

Lex

Australia Australia

In - Tents Defence!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »

Haha yeah yeah.
It was soo bloody windy today! lets hope its not on sat and sunday..

-Alex

Lay-out
Lay-well.
Hammer from sash to monkey man. 16-11. It's all over. Just quietly, i'm smashed! Yeah chilly!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2007, 08:11:52 AM »

Today was so much fun - even with the wind.

It was fun to have everyone dragged down to my throwing ability - nil.

And I did meet a lot of really cool people, mainly from Melbourne - and there's some awesome guys from Geelong. Looking at what's there doesn't really seem like Panic! will win or even place too well, every team is looking at least as good at us, and some a lot better.

And it was fun playing together with Cupcake - I sometimes forget that even though he's a tremendous douche (we are after all bitter enemies) he's a fairly good player. He gets open and can throw.

T.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Lex

Australia Australia

In - Tents Defence!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2007, 05:49:48 AM »

Well.
Youth Nationals have finished. Im sure that everyone is bloody sore (The ones who went to training camp the most Wink) The end result was that Kangamoose ended up with 3rd despite their massive win over Church st. (who beat us I might add) but it was In - Tents that won the semis to put them in 3rd. Massive effort by Kangamoose though. Now, 2nd Place was In - Tents (DAMN IT). In all I think we played really well, half of our team have only played like 2 Monday night league games (including me) and despite that we did well. We also had Tom Tulett (Cupcake) as our captain and Ellie Sparke as our co-captain (which I said in the first page) who played exceptionally well. Nick Dowle and Jimmy Tod-Hill as the coaches did a great job in teaching us noobies on positions and when to cut etc.. And I thank them a great deal for teaching me alot. Unfortnally Ellie broke her wrist on Saturday which put us back a girl. but still a massive effort by her. Tom and Ellie I must say I think are such good players and I give them all my respect for playing and leading my team so well. I think In - Tents was great in all up. And last Panic! At the disc came away with the final win by coming 1st.

I reckon they did really really well and came over the with the win over In - Tents with a exhaustingly played game. I forget what the final score was (9-8 i think) but after the hooter went we were up by one (I think) and needed one more point. Panic did well under the pressure and got a point making it a universe point. In - Tents coming in with NEALY a point but was not in our favor. Panic then capitalized on that and won the point making the game end. NT got the spirit award and which was great and I think everyone had fun. Although different people will have different perspectives on the final game I must say I thought there were some Chumpy foul calls on Panic's behalf.. But thats how ultimate is played sometimes Wink Yes, there was the 1m marking rule and No, no one enforced it Smiley I must say in this being my first tournament and game one as my 4th real game ever I have learned so much from this all including the training camp I started laying out for the first time ever in this tournament and it feels great:D I will hopefully continue to enjoy and love Ultimate for what it is! I made some new friends and I wish them all the best of luck in the future in ultimate and life, And I must say one last time for youth nationals.. THAT WAS IN - TENTS!!!

-Alex

p.s There were soo many drops off the pull by all teams! but junior ultimate rules.. Smiley
And btw does anyone remember where the photos can been seen?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:46:47 AM by Lex » Logged

Lay-out
Lay-well.
a1214

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2007, 08:43:01 AM »

Oh man.

Thats the most frisbee I've ever played in my life.

The training camp was awesome.

The games were awesome.

That final was brutal. To be honest this is the first ultimate I've really taken that seriously since I'm used to just losing everything else we try at. On top of that the only other sport Ive taken seriously is waterpolo, and in that you can take frustration out in angry ways (like under the water) and thats normal, but I felt bad for getting so angry about ultimate today because of the whole self officiated thing. Ironically Piers was right about the winning teams being the ones with the loudest (most annoying) sidelines.

And so finals turned out not to be only a battle of who would win the tournament, but also who would win the lowest spirit overall score.

The last game I was very worried about subs. I learnt a full team of subs isn't too much. By the last game josh was almost completely out because of pulling a groin, but hes hardcore and crazy and kept playing and got amazing d and catches. Tiger was sick with the plague (bubonic I think). In our kangamoose game 2 of our girls were taken out and didnt play for a while. Also a player just didn't turn up (ben). Along with that was everyone (except max) being sore or tired. By that last game I was completely cooked, not being able to run at all, preferring to throw shitty hucks to people that weren't actaully open. Leaving us with like 1 sub for the last couple of points against intense.

The bad thing about the weekend is I pulled something in my groin in the chatswood game, couldnt run properly since then and now my feet are swollen... did that happen to anyone else?

Rest up and see some of you at solstice!

this is a pretty cool blog: sifultimate.blogspot.com (check us out)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese