UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 16, 2019, 07:15:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Show me all! Wanna see all topics from all boards on one page? Check out the UltiTalk Sitemap.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: AFDA over AusUniSport: Collaboration  (Read 17382 times)
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

Jamie Bozza - Charles Sturt University (mainly Bathurst/Dubbo campus')

I emailed how I felt through to Mr Potts about the subject, but will also share it here.

I personally agree with what everyone is saying here, that the tiered system sucks and is not in the spirit of our game. I emphasise what someone else has said that by allocating 1 team per year to move up and down, does not reflect the every changing status of Universities. Uni's lose players and gain players on a regular basis and to have them seeded based on the previous years can sometimes be a MASSIVE injustice!!!

E.G If we got imports (ok exchange students) to CSU who could really play and they were freaking awesome, i'm talking whip everyone's ass... they'd only be allowed to play in the bottom pool because we've never attended AUG's before...

Same goes on the flip side. If Mac enter a very subpar team this year and get smacked to pieces by the top pool and therefore get relegated.

And there can be many more examples...

HOWEVER, from a CSU standpoint, we are happy to just come along and participate in the sport we love playing. With the turnover of players, the "joke sport" status that we have out here (all media were notified of Stampede and we got a snippet in the saturday peper), and the other sports most people play, we know that we can never get a team trained up awesomely enough to do hella good.

There has been suggestion of another tourney in place of AUG's, but when it comes down to it, CSU will attend AUG's based on the fact that we are a very social team and I can honestly say a number of our team are going to party on the Gold Coast and hang out with mates that play other sports. Regardless of the tiering system put in place.

Therefore - CSU is neutral on the debate, however Bozza doesn't like it!

-bozza
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 08:45:08 PM »

Everyone done this yet or what?

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 08:50:53 PM »

whoops no i havent should get on to that now.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 09:37:18 PM »

ok done now
JMc
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 10:13:31 PM »

Hey all, latest email from Pottsy below.
Frisbee players have a habit of debating and complaining a lot, but not taking the chance for action when it is there. If you aren't happy with the current plan, here's a chance to take action.

-------------------------------

Posted by: "Jonathan Potts"  [email protected]     jecp02
Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:47 am (PST)
Hi all,

Haven't had a _huge_ amount of correspondence about tiering. If you're
planning to complain to the AFDA (or support the tiering proposal),
please do so by the end of this week.

Good to see a lot of interest being shown in attending AUGs. If you're
yet to register your interest (it will help us when going to AUS),
please register here:
http://www.afda.com/rego/showdivision.php?divisionid=567

--
Jonathan Potts
0405 188 599
[email protected]

---------------------------------
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese