UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 17, 2019, 11:34:10 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Are you a minimalist?  Try the UltiTalk Simple Theme by changing your Current Theme.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a College Team  (Read 3399 times)
MooINIey

United States United States

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »

Hi there,

So I'm currently a college freshman and I am working on bring a club team to my college for next Spring, hopefully in time to compete in the College Series. I'm doing very well in terms of getting everything handled but their are two things I'd like advice for and thought UT would be one of the best places to ask from what I've seen.

1) Recruiting: Despite being pretty much on the beach and and with the speed of how Ultimate is growing I would have thought for sure my school would have a good amount of interest, but it's hard enough to see people throwing a Frisbee let along interest in a competitive team. With that said I've got a few friends who'll at least be able to get the word out originally and after preliminary verification I can host two advertised interest meetings. Outside of these however what would be the best way to get players? I'm sure they're out there I just need to find out good ways to reach them.

2) Coach: Definitely the more uncertain of the two for me. The school rules state I must have:
     a) A full-time Monmouth employee be our adviser with the option of having a volunteer coach who cannot travel with us.
     b) A Coach who is paid atleast (minimum salary to be determined) who can travel with the option of having an adviser.

Now, considering I doubt there'll be an Ultimate player/capable adviser here because of the lack of leagues in the area I wanted to start looking for a potential coach to hire. My question to you is where would be the best place to look for one? Currently, my plan would be to check with the local schools to see how they found theirs and emailing the leagues around the area to find the constants and see if they're interested. I should also add however, that despite thinking there might not be one I can meet with 'potentially interested' advisers and we can discuss one on one about various things regarding the club. Therefore allowing us to determine if this is what we're mutually looking for, and therefore us getting our adviser.

Oh, and thanks for any and all suggestions/advice/etc. Grin !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese