UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 18, 2019, 10:28:20 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NTC spammage  (Read 9937 times)
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »

Hey all

Thoughts on the weekend?

What new tactics and skills did people learn?

What players made a good first impression on you?

What are people's thoughts about NUFL now that we have the finalised team lists (almost)?

I'll start.

I really liked the style of ho-stack that Billy Alexander explained. The endzone play he explained didn't suit the small fields we played on during the saturday. It was also set up very close to Deathstar's/Piers abandoned endzone play but the middle handlers cutting is much more active in Billy's. I think that endzone is easier in mixed, where the poaches off the back of the endzone are less effective.

I really enjoyed playing with Mama from Honey. Played both my mixed games with her and she was a smashing machine. Threw me a dirty pie for a goal as well. Aside from that, most ppl players roughly to form (aside from myself, yuk) but I suppose I've seen a lot of ppl play over the years...

I'm pumped to be playing with barefoot. However, I still don't know exactly how many team mates I'll have...Abra seems to have a few mystery surprise packages to serve up at the NUFLs. Certainly keen to play with these boys, after all, they came second in spirit at nationals Wink HoS have been jacked up with a bunch of handlers. I think they will really enjoy playing with Boothy. Of course, there are so many ex-deathstar players hanging around that there are little pockets of us on almost everyteam. Should be a riot.

Continue

-Tom
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »

I also enjoyed the weekend.

Although, the lack of ultimate (for me, personally) over the last couple of months really showed, in terms of fitness and throws. My legs are like wooden planks right now. But, I guess, my main aim for the weekend was to get back into competitive ultimate, and pick up some helpful playing tips. From that end, it was a success.

I enjoyed playing with guys from other competitive clubs, like Steve Wealands from Chilly.
It's always good to hear how other clubs/systems work.

Given the size of the fields on Saturday, I was surprised at how successful the ho-stack was for many of the teams there. Although, I definitely agree that there were some limitations due to the field size. I also enjoyed the many scenarios on Sunday, despite having very little legs left.

The NUFL draft was intriguing. From a Barefoot perspective, I think things went to plan, nabbing Adam Mortimer, Ian Warren and Tom, as he mentioned. Sublime and HoS definitely made out very well as expected.
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »

Hey Tom - do you think Deathstar will just spread the rot to other teams?  Wink

Hey Joe - I hear there were lots of other people who suffered from a lack of Ultimate?

Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 03:40:18 AM »

No doubt.

Most Sydney players have been deprived due to the rain that has been occurring during the weekends, Mondays and Tuesdays (normal days for competitive ultimate). League and training has been cancelled at least 6 times in the last 2 to 2.5 months, due to field closures.

On another note, we'll miss our mate Dan Smith for NUFL.
Please continue to send him your well wishes if you can, to keep his spirit up.
We hope he can make a full recovery from his horrific injury.
woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 06:29:38 AM »

hey chumpcott that is some sweet ass gary you got going there, good luck with that champ.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 06:58:07 AM »

Wrong Canberra-based Tom. Do your homework.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 02:54:19 AM »

I don't think I'd even understand Woodley's comments if I were Chumpa-lumpa.....What Gary was he up to on the weekend? Wink
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:29:49 AM »

Allow me to translate...

Wood perceived your praise of Mama to be "some sweet gary".

Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 04:19:13 AM »

Sounds like a lot of fun - I really wish I'd showed up, just to teach you old fogeys a lesson or two...

Speaking of lessons - and old fogies - this thread is touching on something that's been niggling at the back of my mind for a while.

Deathstar = Newcastle team? What happened to them, did they disband? Also is there a guy who played for them called Chris? Because there was a guy who played on a hat team with me once, and he was really cool, and his name was Chris, and he had a Deathstar shirt. Doesn't mean he played for them, though.

Any help would be appreciated - it's practically impossible for people outside the loop to 'get' the frisbee scene! Although I have been learning, apparently Barefoot suck?  Wink

T.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:36:29 AM »

Deathstar were a team consisting of the gun players from Canberra, Newcastle and Wollongong. They formed in 2005 (?) with the intent of having a stacked team to take out Nationals, NUFL and World Clubs. They went ok at NUFL, but not as well as hoped at Nationals in 06, prompting Tom Walcott to label them Chokestar (he spend hours coming up with that). They went to World Clubs and finished 12th. They chose not to continue in 2007 and reverted back to the three separate clubs (I-Beam, Fyshwick United and Wollongong) we see today.

woodley#53

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 06:13:18 AM »

all this time i thought the littletom username was ironic so thats where i got confused with chumpcott and urself.  omg mama ur so awesome ooo i wanna touch your heiny, GARY. 
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 04:42:51 AM »

Deathstar = Newcastle team? What happened to them, did they disband? Also is there a guy who played for them called Chris? Because there was a guy who played on a hat team with me once, and he was really cool, and his name was Chris, and he had a Deathstar shirt. Doesn't mean he played for them, though.
Maybe you are refering to Chris Warris aka Hobbit, he often wheres a hat and is a cool guy. Plays for Newcastle.

Any help would be appreciated - it's practically impossible for people outside the loop to 'get' the frisbee scene! Although I have been learning, apparently Barefoot suck?  Wink
Your young Tiger, not that I'm old, but there are some "loops" in life that you just don't want to get in... the Frisbee scene's loop is all over the place... beware.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese