UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 22, 2014, 05:36:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 10th year of ultimate at AUC/AUG celebrations  (Read 3443 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »

Quite a while ago now (before the tiering debate overshadowed everything) an email went out from Olly about ideas to celebrate 10 years of ultimate played at AUC/AUG. I've got a couple of ideas that I reckon have a bit of merit...

Selection of an all time Green and Gold team.
I quickly put together a list of all players who have been selected for the G&G merit team at the last 9 events and it's a pretty bloody impressive list of players. 51 guys and 35 girls have been selected, so I thought of doing a poll/survey/askaround of aus-ultimate/guess to select a University Team Of The Decade. Including presenting the players that are still there with a lollipop or something.

All Star game
I remember going to watch the Melbourne Hat for a bit in 2004, and one of the highlights of the day was the all star game. I thought of having something similar on the Wednesday arvo (shift the draw around to accommodate it?) as an exhibition game. Here's how it'd go...
- Continuous ultimate, with flying subs
- 2 twenty minute halves
- Each uni sends one guy and one girl to play - this would be to encourage everyone to stick around and watch/heckle their own folk.
- Teams would be Eastern Region versus the rest (The Allies). 9 East teams are registered, 13 are others. NSW/ACT/WA versus QLD/Tas/SA/Vic would be 11 each. I dunno, we'll work that out later.

It'd be more about entertainment than about which region is better. See if we can get a PA for tunes and commentary during it. I think if people know it'll happen before the week rather than being sprung with it on the day then you'll get folk keen to play in it.

Whaddya'll think?

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »

I like it!  Grin
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:24:13 AM »

Those on the aus-ultimate and ultimate-unis lists will see that I've got the wheels in motion for the all time G&G team. Had another idea today as well...

Heritage Round
I'm gonna see if I can track down a few of BUUF's original tops (royal blue and yellow soccer jerseys!) and play one game in them, similar to AFL's Heritage Round.

Any other unis reckon they can get their hands on some of their clubs original tops?

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Northern Mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:33 AM »

Hey nice concepts.

I like the idea of making the All-Star game faster paced and more entertainment focused. Shorter between point breaks and rolling subs sounds fun. It would be important to get some characters on the mic for some entertaining community broadcasting action.
oshep

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:50:53 AM »

The 1999 AUCs had a city vs country all-star game.

City won, and it was under lights if I remember correctly.

Tactics, coaching and fun at http://thinkulti.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese