UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. March 31, 2020, 09:00:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Roster Announcements  (Read 12384 times)
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:44:51 AM »

Does anyone know when AUDL team rosters will start being announced? Or who are some notable players that might be on some of those rosters?

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
AUDL2012

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »

Chris, I do know that a couple of our teams are looking to announce at least a portion of their roster within the month.  However, the majority of our teams have combines set in January and I would expect some announcements shortly thereafter with the final rosters.  I will reserve roster announcements to each team, but we are VERY excited about some of the talent that has already expressed interest in playing in the AUDL.  Players have come from all over the country and in a few different countries as well to try out for the teams thus far, and we are thankful to everybody that has expressed interest and support in what we are putting together. 
FrisbeeFanatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »

From what I've read and understood personally, the Indy AlleyCats have the most players to choose from.  There was a workout today and 60 people showed up!!  But, we have another combine in January and the team announcement will be made shortly thereafter. 

On a side note, we had a player bust his knee today during a dogfight drill.  From the sound of it, Andrew Fuller probably tore at least one ligament.  From what I've heard, he would have been a great teammate to have.  It's an unfortunate event, but injuries are part of the sport. 

Practice doesn't make perfect.  Perfect practice makes perfect.
AlleyCat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »

Andrew Fuller has a broken Femur, it was ugly. He's had surgery and is resting and yes he's a fine young man who nobody has a bad word to say about him. He is a student at Indiana University and we wish him well and a quick recovery!
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »

Chris, I do know that a couple of our teams are looking to announce at least a portion of their roster within the month.  However, the majority of our teams have combines set in January and I would expect some announcements shortly thereafter with the final rosters.  I will reserve roster announcements to each team, but we are VERY excited about some of the talent that has already expressed interest in playing in the AUDL.  Players have come from all over the country and in a few different countries as well to try out for the teams thus far, and we are thankful to everybody that has expressed interest and support in what we are putting together. 

Roll Eyes

Nice spin.

Fact remains, you haven't had any top flight players turn up to any of the try-outs. The "talent" you've had attend is exclusively 2nd rate players from the college scene. Good players. But nothing compared to the top flight players from American nationals.

Seattle Sockeye had 3000 attend a try out.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »

Fact remains, you haven't had any top flight players turn up to any of the try-outs. The "talent" you've had attend is exclusively 2nd rate players from the college scene. Good players. But nothing compared to the top flight players from American nationals.
I'd be careful about what you call "facts" and "exclusively" - it sounds like the above comment is more an "opinion" or "speculation" than informed fact.

Having been in contact with most of the owners and having emailed at lot of top club teams in the north east region for more information, there has definitely been players who have contacted team owners saying they are interested in playing and there have also been club national players at combines and training. And whilst none of the teams are publicly announcing their rosters yet, I have reason to be confident that a couple of them have signed a decent number of club national players.

Brodie smith himself has already stated publicly that he is hoping to play in the AUDL as long as it doesn't conflict with him making videos.

Even today, River City Revolution announced on facebook that they have just signed a marquee player and are planning to send out a press release, which is kind of exciting, of course the definition of "marquee player" is yet to be seen. That said, you'd think that there is no way it's not at least a club national level player, if not a top club national level player.

You also have to remember that the first games are still a long way away (5 months) I'm sure between now and then the league will be able to publicly announce the sort of talent that they have signed.

Rather than "speculating" on the AUDL we could help spread the word about the AUDL, by "liking" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Ultimate-Disc-League/148314748537921  - plus then you'd also be subscribed to the AUDL news feed which would also help keep you updated with the latest announcements and I'm sure they will be making quite a few over the next few weeks.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 02:10:08 AM »

In Brodie Smith's latest vlog (posted a couple of hours ago) he talks about both the AUDL (at 3mins 7 seconds), his plan to play in it and asks followers to like the AUDL on Facebook to help support it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-ezyixGdFM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/s-ezyixGdFM</a>

It's been great to see that in the last 24 hours with the announcement of the expansion teams and guys like Brodie encouraging his followers to support the league that it has received over 100 likes on facebook and may be on its way to reaching its goal of 1000 likes by the end of the year!

If you haven't liked the new AUDL then get on board and help spread the word - http://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Ultimate-Disc-League/ 148314748537921

In the video he mentioned that he is currently "hashing out the details" of playing in the AUDL in 2012. I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent announcement from Louisville team that they have "secured a marquee player yesterday, press release soon" or what other "marquee players" are getting involved in the AUDL...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:12:27 AM by Chris » Logged

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese