UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 22, 2014, 05:36:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: AUDL Week 1 First Impressions  (Read 3514 times)
pushpass

United States United States

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »

I had a chance to watch the Indianapolis/Columbus game last weekend.  Despite all the technical problems, I really enjoyed the game.  I'm curious what other people that streamed or watched the games live thought? 

If you want to read my opinion on the game, I wrote about it on my blog:

http://pushpass.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/what-worked-and-what-needed-work-the-audl-week-1/

I'd just copy and paste the write up here, but it is longish, and I'd rather not bog this thread down with a wall of text. 

Sabonis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »

Great post, very insightful. Hopefully it will continue to run smoother. Did you watch week 2 or week 3 games and notice a difference/improvement? I have yet to watch a game but plan to.
pushpass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I watched week 2.  I made a quick post about the production quality changes, and I'm working on writing something longer to discuss the ways that I think ultimate is different under the AUDL.  I will be watching week 3 tonight or tomorrow night.  Unfortunately, I am currently trying out for a club team, playing in 2 leagues, and coaching, so I am spending 5 days a week playing/coaching ultimate.  Once you include weight training and conditioning, I haven't had as much time to update my blog. 

I'm trying to make time though.  I think the AUDL deserves conversation about it as well as constructive feedback.  Anyway, thanks for reading.

Sabonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »

Just wanted to let you know that I read all your blog posts about the production. I have yet to be able to watch a stream (busy most weekends), and was wondering if they've impoved at all in the last few weeks.
pushpass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »

Thanks for reading man.  I haven't been able to watch the most recent weeks.  I've started training for the seasons, so that severely cuts down on my free time to watch games and write.  I can tell you week 2 wasn't really better, and I've heard from a few people that week 4 was pretty bad as well. 

If you want to check out some games, they are currently running a promotion through the end of May for free games:

http://theaudl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96:watch-free-games&catid=13:featured-news&Itemid=71

The links are currently broken but hopefully they will fix that soon enough.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese