UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 16, 2014, 11:27:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Got time to chat? Try out the new UltiTalk Chatroom by clicking the Chat link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start teaching a real offense when my teams are constantly changing?  (Read 3869 times)
zematynnad

United States United States

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »

Hello,

Long time lurker....

I started a pickup game that has now been going on for over a year every Saturday morning.  We have a lot of fun and we usually play several games.  Every week we have different people show up and every game we switch people around so everyone gets a chance to be on a winning team and be on the same team with different people.  Everyone likes this format and with different people showing up each week I think it would be hard to change.

So my question is - how do I move us beyond man to man defense and ad-hoc offense to a v stack or zone defense?  Every time it gets suggested and one team tries it they get killed and so they give it up.  Right now I'm trying to get some of the more regular people to show up half an hour earlier so we can look at some strategy but that hasn't been very successful yet.

Have any of you been in a similar situation?  What did you end up doing?

Thanks!

Danny
mwitmer15

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:49:58 PM »

Hey, I know this is an old topic but I see no one's responded so I'll give it a try.

It's definitely not easy if NO ONE you're playing with has ever seen an organized offense. 

How about this... teach defense first.

The force is kind of an easy idea to implement.  Or if you can convince about 30% of the people to do it, you'll be on your way.  People will start seeing how they can work together on defense.

As I understand it, the vertical stack was created in response to the force, not the other way around.  So why not teach ultimate the way the sport naturally evolved?

Good luck and don't get frustrated!

Melissa

Get FREE playing and training tips
www.25UltimateTips.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese