UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 28, 2014, 02:25:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stall Count Out - Protocol  (Read 2838 times)
LeandraUF

Canada Canada

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »

Recently in a game, one of my teammates got stall counted out (reached 10).  In this situation, he had released the disc so it left some time for players to move around.

What ended up happening was that the disc came back, the marker didn't want to take the disc, but our defence had set up all ready.  Once the marker (who stall counted my teammate out) tapped the disc in and left, our marker started stall counting the live disc.

The other team told the marker to return back to 0, as the new thrower hadn't gotten there yet.

What is the correct protocol for this situation?

Note: I know that no one should have moved once the "stall" call had been made, therefore possibly eliviating this kind of situation.  But what could happen if the person who got stall counted out became the new marker?
Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »

Hey LeandraUF,

Welcome to UT!

In this situation, the defender who stalled the disc handler has the right to either take the disc him/herself, or tap the disc on the ground and then walk away so his/her team can set up.  If the defender chose to tap the disc, then a person from the other team (your team) can then pre-stall by counting from 10 - 1.  Once they have done that, they can then proceed to stall the disc (1-10) even if a member of the other team hasn't taken possession of the disc.

So, the other team was correct in that your teammate should return back to 0.  Had your teammate initiated and completed a pre-stall count, then it would have been fine for your teammate to continue his/her stall count.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

- Seppo #22

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese