UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. March 22, 2019, 02:30:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need players for Boracay Open 2013  (Read 9618 times)
matt

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »

Hi all,

Happy Pig are looking for a few more guys and girls to join the team we are sending to the Boracay Open beach Ultimate tournament in the Philippines. The tournament goes over three days from March 7 to 11. Last year Happy Pig won Spirit, came second in our division and I would like to think we tightly contested the party award. If you know how to throw a disc and are looking to have some excellent times, then let me know you are interested and I can send you some more details.

Boracay is a beautiful little 10km2 island in the Philippines. Happy Pig had a team entered last year that a bunch of us were fortunate to be a part of. I think it was unanimous that it was a really awesome tournament. The level of competition was really good, with Happy Pig placing at the top of the bottom third of the field. Also the atmosphere was fantastic, the sun was intense, the water clear, the rum plentiful and the parties went all night.

One of the guys from the Dubai team made the video below of last year’s tournament, it should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. Look out for the footage from the final at the end. The video doesn’t do justice to just how good those guys are. Incidentally the Boracay Dragons regularly finish in the top couple of positions in the World Beach Championships. These guys and girls are great to watch. There are 28(!) teams registered from all over the place this year.

From experience I would say you need budget about $1000 for the whole trip, including flights, registration, accommodation, food, etc. The biggest part of that is flights which is likely to be around $700. Once you are there, everything is really cheap.

The tournament is mixed with a 3/1 split. It goes over 3 days with you likely to play more than enough Ultimate to keep you satisfied. I think they were 60 minute games with 4, 4 and 1 games played on days 1,2 and 3 respectively. Even after the tournament is done there are pickup games that keep going well in to the night.

Last year we went over with 6/3 and it really wasn’t enough. We were in a fair bit of pain by the last game. Most teams seem to have 12/5 or something similar. But I think we should aim for a team of 9 guys 4 girls. Trust me, you will be grateful for the extra subs by half way through the first game!

We need to have a fully committed team by the end of January, so please let me know your interest by then.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Matt

https://www.facebook.com/HappyPigUltimateClub

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=41989260&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=41989260&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese