UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 16, 2019, 04:35:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Got time to chat? Try out the new UltiTalk Chatroom by clicking the Chat link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "The Road To Gold Goast" - 2007 University ultimate  (Read 224437 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2007, 01:41:48 AM »

I'm very tempted to just say "man up" Chris. Monash were at both of those parties you mentioned, by the way. They rocked after after UQ left!

The complaint of too many games sounds very rich coming from someone on the gold medal winning team that had the luxury of a full squad. Look at some of the mid range teams and how many guys they had - Ballarat (5), Flinders (6?), Murdoch (4!) - and yet while they all pulled up very sore, I don't hear any of them complaining that 'too many games' was the problem.

The problem was that everyone played 12 games - it's that we didn't know we were going to play 12 games. Last year we played 10, the year before was also 10, so naturally we prepared ourselves for a 10-game tournament. Although two extra games isn't going to make too much of a difference. But the other big point is "it's Uni Games" - of course you're going to get punished!

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »

Again, as someone that actually cuts and plays a fuck tin of defence, I would prefer a 9-10 game cap in the future. (Despite not playing another unigames) If you are a cutter, there is little different between a 'rest' game and a serious game at any level because you have to run and the less to run in the first place, the more to have to run to make that up.

Also, I want the final to be played at the highest standard possible, whether as someone playing on the field or as a spectator. I thought Mac looked shagged in the final this year (and I don't just mean that Matt D was buggered) and it wasn't that good of a final to watch as say mixed nats this year or last years unigames or the women's final this year.

Parties are great blah blah blah. I want to play ultimate and play it hard. All the other stuff is just for shits and giggles along the way.

-Tom
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »

I had a chat with Matt after the game and he was a bit sick apparently so I don't know if it was the 12 games that was really taking it out of him - though no doubt it wouldn't have been helping.

Also just for the record I'm not arguing that it's not possible to play 12 games in the week and party at night, I think other than my little fall down an escalator on Sunday night, I pulled up alright throughout the tournament I'm just saying that the whole AUG experience isn't nearly as enjoyable when you compare it to the previous two years of playing 10 games.

I'm with Tom when it comes to having both teams playing the final being in top form and I think the best way to bring this about is just making sure there is only one game on the final day for all teams so that everyone can enjoy the night before and be fresh for the most important game.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2007, 12:55:51 AM »

I was lucky enough to handle most of the week except when mike wanted a rest. I felt probably the best i have ever felt at a uni games. That would have been partly due to the decreased amount of drinking i did this year compared to last. However i believe i did more than nearly the whole uq team even if you include the extra night.

As for 12 games it is a bit much for any team, if we had of gone with the smaller pools i think everyone would have been happier. I wouldnt mind seeing the max number of players increased to 18 or even 20 as there isnt an option to go join another team. Sure this would decrease the time spent on the field but it would promote more depth at the uni level and stop the bitching from mac and UQ. As for the rest of us i like being on the field so if i can somehow make it in next year ill be on a smaller squad i think.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese