UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 21, 2018, 12:41:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Got time to chat? Try out the new UltiTalk Chatroom by clicking the Chat link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nationals 2008  (Read 130573 times)
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »

I just wanted to be the one to start the thread.

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »

I just voted and it's now passed.

Can we announce it yet?  Grin

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:08:58 AM »

Do it!

matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 06:54:42 PM »

Coffs?

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 07:58:23 PM »

well there were only 2 full bids from what i have heard. Kinda hoping for coffs so i can drive down.
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 08:13:48 PM »

I am sure the AFDA Director of Events will make the announcement at the first opportunity.

In addition to the location for Nats, the announcement should also include details about Regionals, as well as the slots available to each region.

matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 11:59:55 PM »

Are the details for Southern Regionals confirmed? Last I heard they were still tossing up between weekends.

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:24 PM »

Are the details for Southern Regionals confirmed? Last I heard they were still tossing up between weekends.
They were still working out who the host will be because two clubs submitted EOIs

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »

Confirmed location of Nationals 2008...

Coffs Harbour

Trash Talk article

Suggestion for Melbourne/Hobart travellers... Tiger Airways flies from Tulla to Newcastle for $50 on the 23rd, then catch the train from Newwie to Coffs for around $60.

Tiger doesn't fly direct to Newwie from Adelaide and Perth, but you can fly from Adelaide to Melbourne for $60 and from Perth to Melbourne for $110.

JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 07:12:05 PM »

Will Northern Regionals be the best Regionals?

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 10:17:12 PM »

Will you get any teams that aren't Firestorm, THOR or Sultry?  Tongue

Southerns should be decent quality. Being in Adelaide, we might see a second SA team sneak in ahead of Tassie.

Is this the year we'll see the women's division reach full quota?

timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »

Or maybe another Victorian team...

JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 12:39:08 AM »

Best = most fun.   Wink

It will be interesting to see how many South and West teams make the trek to Coffs. 

Is it too early to tip that only one Chilly team will be there?  We know Adelaide will travel though - see plenty of them at Halibut each year.

North is kind of excited by the Coffs location I think.  Compared with travelling to Sydney and Melbourne, its like having it at home, but not having to do the work. 

I expect Byron Bay to push hard to get there in the Open Division from the North Region.  They might let some Townsville kids on the team, but who knows?  Maybe recruit from Armidale if Bozza doesn't get there first?

I'm also expecting to see at least one other non-capital city team there - perhaps Western NSW plus some Ballarat homies can get their act together early?  Is Rebel Alliance available as a team name?  Or Bush Pigs?

It will be interesting too if the Emus/Greys (Australian Masters Squad) attempt to qualify and play Nationals - presumably through the East?

These questions and more ....

carlie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 01:01:15 AM »

Blah. Coffs is a pain the butt location for an "east coast" tournament.  However, the flights I looked at yesterday from Sydney were cheaper than my flights to Melbourne... (i have previously done the drive and it is not fun + dangerous).  Could open up some positions for some regional teams that have not previously qualified or not included a team.  However, this might create an even larger gap between the top team and bottom teams.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 01:43:56 AM »

I'm also expecting to see at least one other non-capital city team there - perhaps Western NSW plus some Ballarat homies can get their act together early?  Is Rebel Alliance available as a team name?  Or Bush Pigs?
Nah, no Ballarat contingent. All our best players have been picked up by Heads Of State, leaving...well, me  Undecided

I would be surprised if the location put people off coming. The facilities are amazing, and with the TOC they have on board you know there'll be a good show.

I don't think there'll be too much change from last year's lineup. Maybe only one Canberra team and no Wollongong, paving the way for a Masters team, and perhaps the U19s?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese