UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 19, 2019, 11:17:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HappyTC - Team management solution for happy team captains!  (Read 33972 times)
Admin
Administrator

UltiTalk Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »

Greetings UltiTalkers,

I'm happy to announce a new partnership between HappyTC and UltiTalk.Com.  Today we officially launched the HappyTC - UltiTalk website to help you better manage your team's events (practices, games and of course parties).

HappyTC is the brainchild of Patrick Winter.  His goal is simple: Make organizing Ultimate teams easier and hassle free — so that there’s more time to actually get out and play, and not sit in front of a computer.

HappyTC lets you:

• Create a simple team schedule.
  • Automatically announce games to your players via email.
  • Allow your players to easily update their status at game — just by clicking links in the emails. No need for your players to mess with user IDs or passwords!
  • Receive "game status" emails a few days before each game, showing who will be there and who won’t — so you have plenty of time to contact subs.
  • Everyone — you and your players — can view the entire team schedule or “dashboard”, including who’s going to be at what games.
  • Everyone can add notes and bulletins for everyone else to see on the team dashboard.

For more information or to get started click the link below:

http://www.happytc.com/go/ut

On behalf of HappyTC and UltiTalk, we hope you find this new initiative handy and helpful.

Cheers!

- HappyTC & UltiTalk.Com

========================
UltiTalk.Com
The Place To Talk Ultimate.
http://www.ultitalk.com
========================
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:34:21 PM »

This looks quite handy. Signed up and had a bit of a browse around. Very user-friendly  Grin

Now all I gotta do is get my players to check their emails  Undecided

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
JMc
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:03:43 AM »

To revive an old thread...

I'm investigating different options for managing teams. There are a bunch of pre-made team management options out there, and I'd like people's opinions, if you have any experience with these sites.

HappyTC (as previously described in thread)

www.teamsnap.com (no longer free)

www.sportspassion.com

freeteams.net

www.myteamcaptain.com

www.teamtastic.com

If you've used any of these, could you give a bit of an opinion? I feel like a pre-made solution would be the quickest/easiest way to set up managing a team, but only if it includes everything that an Ulti team would need...
Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

A couple more are:

http://www.teamr.com

and

http://www.teamer.net

Our team uses HappyTC.  It's done well for us.  I think finding one that incorporates TXT messaging would be a good idea.  We use Twitter to broadcast messages and updates to the team, but having that kind of service incorporated into your team scheduling software would be very nice.  Smiley

- Seppo #22

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
pjw

Canada Canada

HappyTC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »

We use Twitter to broadcast messages and updates to the team

Hi there Seppo! Long time no see.

Funny you should mention -- a direct-to-Twitter-from-HappyTC feature (allowing the type of broadcast you mentioned) is next on the list of features to add to HappyTC.

Aiming to have it available later in 2009.

JMc
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 05:46:00 AM »

So HappyTC is doing really well by me - I think it's a great set-up, and makes my team management easier. There's one thing that's particularly frustrating though... it loses my session far more often than I'd like, requiring me to log out and log in again. This means I lose whatever I was working on at that point (e.g. adding games, or inviting people, or whatever).

It seems to happen when the page hasn't changed for a while... i.e. it's fine while I'm clicking things and making changes, but if it sits on one page (e.g. when entering lots of data to a page, like players/games, or if you are a multi-tasker with several tabs/programs going on that you switch between), the problem often comes up.

Any chance this could be looked at? At the moment, it's the only thing that isn't sweet.
(Am happy to discuss if a site admin needs more info...)
pjw

Canada Canada

HappyTC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 03:54:08 PM »

...it loses my session...

Hi JMc... sorry, just seeing your post now. That sounds strange; haven't heard any other reports of it. Can you drop us an email at info (at) happytc (dot) com? We'll sort it out.

Update Oct. 7, 2009:

JMc and the HappyTC customer support crew sorted it out -- problem was due to a Firefox plugin ("BetterPrivacy") that was set to wipe out the Flash "shared object" every 5 minutes. HappyTC uses the shared object to store session info, so bingo: re-configure BetterPrivacy and no more problem.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:04:10 PM by pjw » Logged

pjw

Canada Canada

HappyTC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

Our team uses HappyTC ...Twitter to broadcast messages and updates to the team

Hi Seppo,

You read our minds...

HappyTC now lets you contact players via SMS, using a team Twitter account.

Check it out: http://info.happytc.com/wtf/twitter

Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 11:26:27 PM »

Sweetness pjw!  That is a great new HappyTC feature indeed!

Grin

Thanks mate!

- Seppo #22

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
pjw

Canada Canada

HappyTC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »

Several new HappyTC features have been rolled out since the last post:

• SMS messages to team via Twitter (already mentioned)
  • Option to prevent "maybe" responses for upcoming games, forcing players to commit with "yes" or "no"
  • Option to email the team whenever a bulletin is posted
  • "Premium service", removing the Google ads and allowing more space for the team dashboard
  • Doubled the size of the team chalkboard
  • Flagging of players to whom email bounced, so the captain knows to correct their address
  • ...and a general sprucing up of the look & feel

Info on new feature releases is kept here: http://info.happytc.com/whats-new
 Smiley

pjw

Canada Canada

HappyTC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

The founder of FFindr (FFindr.com) just announced an FFindr-branded version of HappyTC, continuing a tradition of collaboration.

FFindr is the world's premier one-stop shop for ulti tourney and event organization.

Check it!
 Grin
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:16:48 PM by pjw » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese