UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 24, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Got time to chat? Try out the new UltiTalk Chatroom by clicking the Chat link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fundraising Ideas?  (Read 8120 times)
Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »

Hey all,

I was wondering if you have any fundraising ideas you'd like to share/suggest?  As often is the case, teams travelling to far away places have to fund the entire journey out of their own pocket(s).  I've played on a couple teams that initiated successful fundraising initiatives, including:

• Parties - Throw a party and have people pay at the door.  We've also had poker parties where part of the total pot goes towards the cause.
  • Silent Auctions - Encourage local retailers to donate goods to your cause, and then hold a silent auction.
  • Prize Raffles - Again, gather up donated merchandise to give away.  Then sell tickets for the drawing of the prizes to friends, family, co-workers, etc.
  • Food Sales - I remember some players in Australia contacting Krispy Kream doughnuts.  They purchases boxes of doughnuts at discounted rates and then sold them to classmates and such for the regular price.  That payed off HUGE for them.
  • Ad Space - Contact local/international retailers and offer them logo space on your uniforms / team banners / team websites for $$$.

Anyone else got something they would like to share?

Cheerio!

- Seppooooooooo DEUCE DEUCE   Cool

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
maxe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »

What my team did was buy in bulk massive amounts of candybars for about $.32 each, and then sell them for $1.
cybear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »

What my team did was buy in bulk massive amounts of candybars for about $.32 each, and then sell them for $1.

i did that for ultimate in high school for 2 years and i was so sick of it after a while  Undecided. the profits aren't that great and the selling is pretty slow (as compared with a party or other such things).

hosting tournaments can be great fundraisers

or do a date auction. your ultimate team has got to have some hotties on it bc ultimate players in general are pretty hot.  Grin

selling discs with your team's design can bring in some profit, or along those lines, shot glasses.

one team i met last year sold ultimate stickers with cool slogans and stuff on them. (like "layouts are for lovers" and "one bad muthahucka"

other than that i don't really have any ideas.

Smiley

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:29:09 PM »

A raffle is always good. A lot of places will let you buy prizes at discounted rates if you include the business name or logo on the tickets when you print them. You might have to check out permits and whatnot. I know in Australia that if the total retail value of all prizes is less than $3,000 then you don't have to worry about a permit.

The key thing my team has always done with fundraising is putting the onus on players to do the work themselves. We had it set up so profits from selling things like chocolates or raffle tickets went to individuals trips, rather than the groups. Saves the bitching that comes when the guy who sells 20 boxes effectively pays for the guy who sold one and a half. Also gets everyone motivated to get out and amongst it.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
ax

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »

other options include magazine drives. on college campuses (for college teams) a good thing to do is hold a coffeehouse that showcases some of the clubs (ie- a capella groups, bands, comedians, dance groups...) the clubs are usual up for performing for free because it gets their name out and you can charge admission at the door.
joeseidler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »

You can use the Ultimate history book, "ULTIMATE--The First Four Decades" as a fundraiser. People have used them in raffles as well as sold them at tournaments and special events. Event hosts receive a discount on the books and can make hundreds of dollars. This web page lists examples of Ultimate history book fundraising events:
http://www.ultimatehistory.com/events

You can email here for more information:
[email protected]
R

France France

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 04:39:26 AM »

Our best way for fundraising is to host a tournament, in particular by selling food thanks to some volonteers.
Flip

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 10:39:46 PM »

My team has done several successful fund raising events.

Printed our logo on discs and sold them on campus and at art walks. (good $)
Printed logo on t-shirts (decent $)
Hosted a tourney (very good $)
Host parties on campus.  Every year Student Government puts on several different parties.  We convinced them to let us put on the party, pay us for it, and charge non-students to get in.  It helps to have 3 team members on Student Government!

We have also done odd jobs.  My captain is good at finding people around town who have work requiring 10-15 bodies.  We once spent 4 hours stickering and bagging incense. 

There's usually people around willing to pay decent under-the-table wages to get a big job done fast.  It never hurts to ask.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese