UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 17, 2019, 05:21:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Are you a minimalist?  Try the UltiTalk Simple Theme by changing your Current Theme.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frisbee couples  (Read 17996 times)
carlie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:55 PM »

I should be working but I was reflecting on how many members of the women's team have a partner on another team going to worlds.  It is a little crazy just how incestious the sport is! Even more so at an Australian level. 

Crossie - Pete
Rach - Tom
Keah - Jonno
Helen - Leon
Liz - Chris
Hussey - Joy
Jo - Steve
Di - Dave O
Viv - Jens
Lisi - Gav

This made me ask the question: do we have any stats on how many weddings, children, divorces, etc that frisbee is responsible for.  Maybe no one else is interested in this...

How many couples are there between the juniors? 

Lex

Australia Australia

In - Tents Defence!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »

Ellie and Seb. Although Seb is too old to be a junior, but they are both going.

None between Thunder and Terra (that I know of anyway)... Yet.
I'm sure something will happen while we are there Wink

-Alex

Lay-out
Lay-well.
Quote from: Simon Talbot
Hammer from sash to monkey man. 16-11. It's all over. Just quietly, i'm smashed! Yeah chilly!
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Lex.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:56:39 PM »

I tried drawing a 'map' of hookups and couples once in a 'six degrees' type experiment. I ran out of room on the paper for new lines.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »

simmo - ?
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:20:03 AM »

I think Fatty is actively discouraging Thunder/Terra relations for fear of messy breakups.

Phil White's girlfriend would have been on the women's team but she dropped out to focus on school.

There are a few potential junior relationships in the mix, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how that pans out.

Why did nobody mention Nikki and Matt, and their baby? Three weeks old and already it beats me in hill sprints.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
carlie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:37:50 AM »

Lets hope the juniors are on a different floor at worlds....

There are a few children out there that I expect will be able to beat me in hill sprints shortly - the Nikki/Matt, Viv/Jens, Sarah/Sasha, Anna/Gak, Megan/Camby products.  Talk about good genes.  Just wait for Pete/Crossie offspring!  In fact there was quite a baby boom after last worlds, maybe we can expect that again (just not from the juniors)?
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 10:35:02 PM »

simmo - ?
I prefer not to mix business and pleasure.

*awaits burn from Woodley or Moz*

In fact there was quite a baby boom after last worlds, maybe we can expect that again (just not from the juniors)?
Especially if the Dingoes or Firetails win gold.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »

not to mention the mike nield wedding post worlds party. i am sure some frisbee seeds will be sown some where.
simmo - ?
I prefer not to mix business and pleasure.
i struggle to see how you call either buisness. that said my gf refuses to play ultimate despite the fact that 3 of her best friends play.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 02:02:05 AM »

Frisbee is a great sport for couples.
When Heather and I first started seeing each other, I was studying 6 subjects at Uni, running the CSU cub, running a 3 night sport competition and the financial director of a musical festival (not to mention working part-time.
heather started playing ultimate as it was a time that we got to spend together. She grew to love the game (and some how me)

More frisbee couples are needed!

The bad part is though when couples play and break up. We've had that at CSU and it's always the female who decides to not play anymore...
wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 03:11:13 AM »

What about J McNaughton and his many juniors/ex-juniors? Also, hasn't Piers had a few?
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 06:18:22 AM »

What about JMac and his current Representative gf?
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »

Piers and Abra are doing better with the junior girls than all of Thunder combined. Sad
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:32:34 AM by Tiger » Logged

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
carlie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »

Weren't Piers and Abra the coaches??? Hmm that seems rather dodgy to me.  Don't worry Tiger, Thunder might have some luck with cross border relations.

Can someone confirm for me that JMc is with Snail? 
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:23 PM »

Calan Spielman - every junior girl

what a man

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 02:47:37 AM »

Yeah Jmac and mish have been going out since she got back. Jmac did an astounding amount of tele-garry and it paid off quite handsomely.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese