UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 23, 2020, 07:55:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed Nationals 2008  (Read 101223 times)
wally

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 10:42:38 PM »

Yes it would be because lots of worlds players aren't so keen atm.  A few remained overseas and many just need a rest.  They been working hard over the last few months, the poor petals.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 12:42:02 AM »

Canberra was considering going to newwie but a week ago we received the first email about the comp and it said that registration had closed...so we won't bother. Is suspect many emails were sent out...but only to the NSWFA lists...

The cores of both the padlock and toot sweet teams are still OS or are injured etc. I hear Pete Gardner is out with an ACL injury

Sorry about the X/Y call, I just had a brief brief look. Need to catch up on the Newwie gossip Wink
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 01:35:17 AM »

cheers staf.

now i cant wait to bitch that seed.
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 04:02:29 AM »

Our first match this year is the same as last year...  Don't worry we'll beat Spider Pig this time! Tongue

Maple, it's not corrupt.  The file was saved in office 2007 which you obviously don't have
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 05:38:14 AM »

Sorry to break it to you Henry, but my read of the draw puts us (Sauce- B5) vs B6 (453 Hills players... all on the one team, whom will be there sober and unhungover because they're weenies) first game at 9am. And our Spiderpig game B5 vs B1) at 315... I may be wrong but how about you humour me and turn up in time for a 9am game? If you don't show until quarter past three I'm pretty sure I will hurt you... You have to be tall and mark the good players, so I can be fat unfit and tired on the sideline.

Love Hugs and Kisses
ANt

*Edit* Apparently the draw has changed and Henry/Suj are correct... Damn them

That means Stafs posted draw has changed too
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:00:00 AM by Tanty » Logged

No sign of a point yet...
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 08:25:12 AM »

So Tanty, in conclusion, Henry and I are right and you're wrong.
Have I missed anything?

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 08:32:28 AM »

*basks in the glory of being right*

Tanty I think I'll just stick to being tall, unfit and on the sideline.  You can mark the good players Wink
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 05:36:39 AM »

So Tanty, in conclusion, Henry and I are right and you're wrong.
Have I missed anything?
Damn you

And Henry if YOU'RE on the sideline and I'M on the sideline and CAM is on the sideline (assumed) what're we going to do?
Got it.. "DAAAANNNN? NAAATHAAAN? See that? That's spiderpig... get on the field and deal with it"

Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »

I thought that was the plan from the beginning?  What else are they on the team for?!

In fact I like the plan so much we should extend it to all the games...wanna bring a chair and down a few beers instead tanty? Tongue
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »

wanna bring a chair and down a few beers instead tanty? Tongue
Chair is packed, as is the groundsheet, sleeping bag and gaffa taped ugg boots... now I've just got to find my inflatable pillow...

DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 02:37:55 AM »

well, that was a fun round trip to newcastle.

NSW regionals cancelled due to rain.

wish i hadnt gotten up at 6am to drive there.

looks like top 4 seeds go through automatically as they are, and they are trying to find a ground either sunday in sydney or next weekend to work out who the rest of the qualifiers are.

i know its not the TD's fault...but sending out an email stating "it will not be cancelled under any circumstances" despite rain was kinda misleading.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 04:09:58 AM »

NSW regionals cancelled due to rain.
Wow. Surely they could have decided last night before, considering 80% of players were traveling for the tournament.

-edit- In comes Rach to show me up once again.

looks like top 4 seeds go through automatically as they are, and they are trying to find a ground either sunday in sydney or next weekend to work out who the rest of the qualifiers are.
Huh? Why are the top 4 automatically going through? Can't be based on last year's results otherwise Scapegoats would be ahead of Newc B.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:57:01 AM by simmo » Logged

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 06:08:23 AM »

The TD had been told that the university would not close the grounds under any circumstance - hence the email to everyone saying that. It was the University who did the backflip this morning and closed the grounds due to standing water.

No fields for tomorrow so trying to find something for next weekend.
pookie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »

Thats truly lame for everyone involved.

thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 02:30:34 AM »

Just wondering what people think of the alternatives due to the wash-out?
At this stage we are now looking for ovals for next weekend. We are uncertain what combination we will be holding. So teams need to be prepared for:
- all 12 teams over 2 days;
- the bottom 8 seeded teams over 2 days (if we have limited oval space)
- the bottom 8 seeded teams over 1 day;

Also, wondering on if the top 4 go through, are participants happy with the four that get through and their seeding?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese