UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 23, 2020, 09:44:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Suggestions or comments? Post them on the Feedback board.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed Nationals 2008  (Read 101229 times)
wally

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 04:50:20 AM »

Yeah Bozza I think the four teams are OK, and really don't care about their seeding beyond they're the top four.  If it's going to be a one day tournament 12 teams would just be silly.

When do we find out if our region gets a ninth spot?
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 04:52:03 AM »

- all 12 teams over 2 days;
- the bottom 8 seeded teams over 2 days (if we have limited oval space)
- the bottom 8 seeded teams over 1 day;[/i]

Ideally i think you would want all 12 teams...just sucks considering we have already put aside last weekend, and i spent it hungover instead of playing ultimate so didnt get anything done. Oh well.

If we only have the bottom 8 seeded teams then id rather it over 1 day than 2 though.

Also, wondering on if the top 4 go through, are participants happy with the four that get through and their seeding?

Personally...no.

I think Spider Pig were going to go through definately in the top 4, as FAF and Newcastle A were likely to as well (although looking at FAFs roster pre tounrament it became alot shorter, with some big players not going to playing who were on th roster earlier, likely when the seedings were done. Didnt think they were unbeatable, just very good.)

Whether Newcastle B were going to be automatically in the top 4 i think was doubtful. Again, some strong players, but its not really a satisfactory way of doing it just having them qualify automatically. Especially since the seedings were done by Newcastle people (not suggesting anything dodgy) but they were more likely to know thier players and less likely to know Sydney ones who havent been arround for ages, and the tendancy with names you dont know is to assume they are better rather than worse players.

But then, what do you do when you have a tournamnt rained out?
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2008, 08:00:31 AM »

I might be very wrong but I would have thought that the seedings would have been done by NSWFDA, since it is their regional tournament.

its a sucky situation.
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »

I might be very wrong but I would have thought that the seedings would have been done by NSWFDA, since it is their regional tournament.

could be, i was just assuming newcastle people did the seedings.

bet your glad canberra didnt make the trip this year though Smiley
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 08:54:19 AM »

its a sucky situation.

yes

Love Hugs and Kisses
ANt
(1 word)

ps when are we likely to hear what the replacement arrangement will be? I ask because a few players from Sauce (and other teams I'm sure) shifted around their work rosters etc to make it to Newie and won't be likely to do it again (particularly on short notice)... And while most people (except us) seemed to have written off Sauce's chances (I think we would've surprised a few teams) any attempt to surprise ambush some of the higher seeds would kinda require our whole roster... which may not now be possible, especially with short notice... And I'm sure there are a lot of other teams in the same boat...

No sign of a point yet...
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »

Vintage (2005's "Point Of Entry" +/- a couple), Brown Chicken Brown Cow (HoS boys and some 06/08 Terra), and Tribe Of Minature Horses (Rueben, aL, Hussey, Joy Lee, among others) qualified from Victoria today.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
pookie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2008, 09:46:05 AM »

In that order simmo?

Yeah we are quite lucky we were organised enough to head up to newwie. Saved by our own ineptness.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »

No idea. I'm going off a text message because I didn't end up playing (was going to be playing with Melbourne Uni).

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
JMc
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »

Brown Chicken Brown Cow were 3rd, don't know about the top 2.
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »

could be, i was just assuming newcastle people did the seedings.

bet your glad canberra didnt make the trip this year though Smiley

Similar to most tournaments the captains were provided with some preliminary seedings done to by the organising committee for State Regionals. The captains provided feedback and seedings were adjusted. This is how the current seeding list to came to exist.

It is NSWFDA's responsibility to provide the seedings for mixed nationals. If the tournament had gone ahead as scheduled the seedings for mixed nats would be the order the teams finished in.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

Just thinking about the tourney when it goes ahead...
As Hills B aren't looking for qualification, what if they drop out and Newcastle B play in the qualifier?
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 09:46:56 PM »

Vintage won over The Tribe of Miniature Horse

We had a lead at the start, Vintage took over, then we bought it back to 8 all.

But Vintage ran away with it. That Tom guy is pretty good  Wink

MUCUS were unlucky not to make mixed nats (1 dingo, 2 mundis)

pookie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 10:58:11 PM »

Bozz I think you're option makes the most sense.

Tough result for the MUCUS kids. Certainly a tough zone.

-Littletom

ps: if you haven't worked it out already, I can't be bothered to login under my real account...stupid housemates!
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »

Mr Vice President,

So do we have to keep the same roster or can we add people? Like Tanty said, some people won't be able to get themselves out of commitments 2 weekends in a row.
And there's a rumor going around that we'd have to pay some fees again (which if it's true, is kinda ridiculous)

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
mole

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that FAF, Spiderpig and Newc A were definately going to be top 3, but I tend to agree with some of the comments that it isn't really ideal for Newc B to automatically get a spot.

Then again there's nothing ideal about the entire situation :p
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese