UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 23, 2020, 07:43:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road To Melbourne - 2008 university ultimate  (Read 306422 times)
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2008, 08:19:03 AM »

No UQ? Sad
was really looking forward to playing them...

Pallen

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »

It is a major dissapointment. Looking at a our local league on Wednesday nights you just couldn't figure out how we couldn't field a team. The simple fact it all comes down to is money. $700 (with your train trip option) or 800-900 with a plane trip really is a f-load of money when you think about a student spending it for a week, not including food or other stuff. Being my last year at UQ and hence the last chance to attend augs again it is massively depressing since last year was freaking awesome! Hopefully we'll have to see you all come up to Brisbane for Mixed Nats. Don't worry about QLD representing at uni games if Griffith manages to send a full strength team down they should come top 6 at least (pretty big if).

Sorry from all up in St. Lucia for not being able to party with you.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2008, 01:48:05 AM »

Women's ultimate up in Brisbane just isn't all that crash hot at the moment especially at UQ. In the past UQ has really relied on our international exchange students making up the numbers. In 2006 we had 4 internationals, of 7 women, in 2007 we had 4 of 6. So UQ has always relied heavily on the international girls to supplement what has traditionally been quite a strong bunch of guys.

It is a real shame considering I think UQ really could have been taking their strongest male line ever this year (all Aussies too) all we needed was 4+ women and I really think we could have been contending for the title again.

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2008, 04:21:02 AM »

Maybe there is a message in there. Your guys are kick ass: go poach some chicks.  Grin

If one of your guy players is particularly good looking, make him the official recruitment officer then make him "recruit" with no shirt on.  Grin
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »

I queried AUS about the eligibility changes the other day. Long story short is that students not studying 2nd semester aren't covered by their university's student accident insurance. The change came from demand from the universities rather than being an AUS directive. So it's not going to change and we can't get exemptions Sad

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »

In the past UQ has really relied on our international exchange students making up the numbers. In 2006 we had 4 internationals, of 7 women, in 2007 we had 4 of 6. So UQ has always relied heavily on the international girls to supplement what has traditionally been quite a strong bunch of guys.
I reckon I was telling you (or maybe Brett) last year that this strategy would come back and bite you on the ass someday.

Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »

I queried AUS about the eligibility changes the other day. Long story short is that students not studying 2nd semester aren't covered by their university's student accident insurance. The change came from demand from the universities rather than being an AUS directive. So it's not going to change and we can't get exemptions Sad

Which is a pity....

We were trying to convince hobbit to play.
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »

just got word from UNSW that they will also be unable to feild a team this year.

whats happening!!!!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

Mac are out - same reason as UQ.

Not really, but I thought I'd chip in.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2008, 12:38:27 AM »

Why would I believe a convicted felon anyway?

thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2008, 02:35:40 AM »

What has Bronson done Simmo?
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2008, 05:36:18 AM »

Simmo, what happens on tour stays on tour.

Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2008, 06:47:16 AM »

Tiger got arrested. Grin

Thats a bummer, UNSW not being able to attend. They had some really good players and the game between us and them was really good. Cry

Simmo, what is the word on a conglomerate team? Have UQ hook up with UNSW to form a team? Or do all the players have to be from the same uni?
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2008, 07:34:40 AM »

phh....thats tota
Simmo, what is the word on a conglomerate team? Have UQ hook up with UNSW to form a team? Or do all the players have to be from the same uni?

Phhh..., no offence dan, but thats ridiculous Smiley

that totally defeats the purpose of a University Games...they dont have all these anal eligibility rules for shits and giggles....it would completly undermine the inter university nature of the event, and with that rationale then there would be no requirement for the players to even come from the unviersity to compete for it...its not a regular frisbee tournament, and they arent likely to make special exemptions which would completly undermie the legitimacy of the event just becasue we like the people on UQ and UNSW.

thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:24 AM »

Surely if UQ and UNSW were able to join, i'd be able to come out of Uni-retirement and play for someone too :-P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese