UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 23, 2020, 09:30:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road To Melbourne - 2008 university ultimate  (Read 306435 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »

Simmo, what is the word on a conglomerate team? Have UQ hook up with UNSW to form a team? Or do all the players have to be from the same uni?
The word would be "never".

-edit- and what Maple said.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »

With UQ, UNSW and Mac all not fielding teams, I think this shows just how much uni teams can change year to year, and how important development is to the competitive survival of a club. Relying on experienced players to hold teams togethers works great when you actually have a team, but when those players leave you are left with no leadership, and you go from hero to zero.

This will leave space for the clubs which have invested resources into development, and you will see these clubs prosper in the future. I call this movement "ROUTS" - the Rise Of UTS...

suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »

Awww... thanks Bretty! You deserve a hug!  "S-L-U-T-S, I say S-L-U-T-S!"  Yeah by some freak of nature, our AUG team actually resembles our ECC/EUGs team for the first time in like ever.

Mac are out - same reason as UQ.

Not really, but I thought I'd chip in.

And i'm pretty sure Tigger was kidding.

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
ash_5
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2008, 09:46:31 AM »

either way..no UNSW and no UQ is going to mean its going to be an even tighter race for the gold..
Bring on Melbourne!
Chook

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2008, 05:11:14 AM »

Like Murdoch stand any chance.
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »

Hey Ash how was Triple D? Did Tiger's Trouncers end up taking out the top spot?

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
ash_5
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2008, 10:23:29 AM »

hahah...
never said we stood a chance..team full of rookies but were there and were going to have a good time Tongue

yeah triple D was ok...Sunday Arvo ultimate...low key...it was good to see how some of our rookies have come along..
how was Worlds man?
have an awesome time?
saw LG and Peley tonight at league...
luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2008, 10:50:27 AM »

"S-L-U-T-S, I say S-L-U-T-S!" 

nuff said

Relying on experienced players to hold teams togethers works great when you actually have a team, but when those players leave you are left with no leadership, and you go from hero to zero.

the poor recruiting of some unis is a shame. i guess it comes with self indulgence...

offended? i was just kidding!
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »

That's one of the many things I like about SUUFA. We have a solid development program that encourages (if not forces) our first years to play in leagues and tournaments and ensures that SUUFA has a good future.
gref

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2008, 10:29:20 PM »

Relying on experienced players to hold teams togethers works great when you actually have a team, but when those players leave you are left with no leadership, and you go from hero to zero.
the poor recruiting of some unis is a shame. i guess it comes with self indulgence...

You guys have it all wrong. We've never had more players being recruited, or going through to play higher level ultimate.

They're just all poor.
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »

I stand by it, but in this case it doesn't apply to you - have you thought about some fundraising? We're having a chocolate drive, a bbq and have found a sponsor to lower the cost as much as possible. Next year will be interesting, since it will be back on the gold coast (hell YEAH!)

ash_5
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »

yeah we try and do alot of fundraising over here in the west, Murdochs held a tournament and weve done a couple of bbqs and ive been trying hard to find a sponsor for the team..

we find it hard to recruit girls, there isnt really many Ultimate players at Uni here in Perth, especially Murdoch but weve found quite a few this year who will hopefully stay around for a few years to come..
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2008, 11:28:41 PM »

@Ash + Brettski:  How do you go about finding a sponsor? And we have to play in the sports union's shirts, so we can't get sponsor logos printed on them or anything.

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
Chook

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2008, 12:32:11 AM »

UWA has been fundraising alot. We had a core group of players from last years AUG's that we knew would be around for the whole year. We set up a committee and started organising fundraising events way back in February. It can get really expensive travelling from Perth, with most of the Uni players travelling over east twice for Nats and then AUG's. If you dont get in early and get the cheap flights, you can be looking at $600-$800 return. And cause UWA puts in a team to almost every sport at AUG's we dont get much funding from the Uni at all. Unlike Murdoch, who has a huge sports allowance and not many atheletes. So getting a stack of cash for the team to spend on food and uniforms for Uni games was pretty much our main goal.

thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2008, 03:25:23 AM »

I originally put the CSU Falcons on EBAY and scored us $500 Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese