UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 23, 2020, 09:02:57 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road To Melbourne - 2008 university ultimate  (Read 306428 times)
ash_5
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »

hahah...try seeing it from a WA perspective...each year we travel at least once, with most players travelling twice..which means that were nearly always trying to save money for ultimate trips over east and we also loose quite a few players to not having the funds to travel, i myself was uncertain of Uni Games this year..and im the team captain, good things Nationals is in Perth next year  Grin which means that the trip for Uni Games is going to be a whole lot easier
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:10:25 AM by Ash » Logged
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »

There are 0 fields?

Is it possible that we could have the games anywhere else but albert park... They are just so trashed most of the time... Hislot/ Hislop (spelling?) Park is where the juniors had the training camp and they are really good fields having a great break from any wind as well...! only prob its just about 20 min east from the city ...
We've got the fields that we use for the Melbourne Hat (plus the league fields if we need extra). Shouldn't be in too bad shape, especially since it's rained this year. AUS had it down to there, or Princes Park but they couldn't get enough fields there for some reason. We've got it better than most sports - there's about six or seven out at Monash Clayton, and some at Footscray. Aussie Rules play some games in Frankston.

Word from AUS - they've been paid for, so they're not changing.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2008, 08:35:06 PM »

Hislop park had the worst fields of any of the junior training camps. It was 80% dirt 10% gravel 5% grass and 5% potholes.

I'd still play there because I don't lay out so it's not really going to effect me, just saying.

Melbourne Hat (07?) fields were great though so that's exciting.

I'm not staying at uni-arranged accommodation.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2008, 04:59:51 AM »

I'm not staying at uni-arranged accommodation.
Afraid you wouldn't get the good behaviour bond money back?

ash_5
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2008, 09:52:01 AM »

Tiger...behaving himself?
what is this?!
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:18 AM »

Are any unis entering more than one team at AUGs?
Teams are allowed to enter multiple teams these days, right?
I was mainly wondering about Syd Uni, who have looooots of players.
And I heard on the grapevine that Flinders might do it.

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:55 AM »

Hmmm, I'm by no means an authority on this but I don't think USyd would have enough quality players to form a second squad, especially females. From the numbers we had at tryouts it's theoretically almost possible but there's no point taking two slightly undermanned squads when you can take one awesome, max-size squad.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2008, 08:37:29 AM »

Yeah two teams is fine. Flinders had two teams in 2006.

wisey

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2008, 08:47:42 AM »

What about 3 teams?
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »

I can see a few big points - development? More in terms of the girls side here, because the sport could always do with more of them. Experience? Why deny folks a year at AUG's just because you think you can win it?

We're not America and you are not the Hodags - uni ultimate is one big giant week long party, I would say that getting more people to play at this 'elite' level is more important than trying to win it.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »

Hmmm, I'm by no means an authority on this but I don't think USyd would have enough quality players to form a second squad, especially females. From the numbers we had at tryouts it's theoretically almost possible but there's no point taking two slightly undermanned squads when you can take one awesome, max-size squad.

ok. i was assuming everyone in your massive league teams wanted to play AUGs  Undecided
but if they did, you could still send an awesome team (if you think they could take home a medal) and a development team. And like what Tigger said, it would be good for retaining females in the future.

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »

shutup tiger, we are so the hodags, and uni games is the elitest of the elite....more than nationals or nufl or worlds or anything....so there

ignoring my above silliness, i dont think we ever even contemplated 2 teams. Could maybe have happened, but we still had alot of really good players drop out or not go for selection cos of $ or uni commitments. And some of the league teams players arent eligible for Uni Games anyway.

In the future if we keep up the numbers its definatey an option
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »

By the way....just wondering....is Tom Rogacki really playing for Latrobe like the AFDA website says?

Cos if so i would start rewriting AUG predicitions and seedings.

Matt Dowle finally stops playing Uni games, so we get Tom Rogacki and Owen Shepherd coming back instead!!!!
ash_5
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »

I think i'd rather just play Matt....
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »

What about 3 teams?
Nah mate, that's just overcrowding.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese