UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 23, 2020, 09:01:37 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road To Melbourne - 2008 university ultimate  (Read 306427 times)
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:07 PM »

Were you rolling a d6 or a d20 there Simmo?  Remember, a natural 20 is an instant kill, be it kobold or turbonium dragon.

JdR
Cogito Ergo Hammer

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »

haha you gotta watch the G-Unit maybe they should just take the number 1 seed just to appease the masses. That will stop tigers bitching and you can just say thats the punishment for making pissy think on a weekend.
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »

Remember, a natural 20 is an instant kill, be it kobold or turbonium dragon.

Not true. It's an instant hit, regardless of your base attack bonus or the creature's armour class. Roll for damage as normal.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2008, 07:44:50 AM »

haha you gotta watch the G-Unit maybe they should just take the number 1 seed just to appease the masses. That will stop tigers bitching and you can just say thats the punishment for making pissy think on a leap year.
Better.

So folks are happy with that draw format? Good.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
wisey

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:08 PM »

So how long till the full list of teams seeded and draw comes out? Got a draft we can drool over pissy?
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2008, 11:51:50 PM »

Something like the one I posted on the last page?

wisey

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2008, 12:43:36 AM »

So is seeding confirmed?
ash_5
« Reply #307 on: September 04, 2008, 02:30:14 AM »

yeah i was just wondering the same thing, when is the official draw and seedings going to be released?
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2008, 04:31:12 AM »

the only thing i can see is that it would suck to be the number 1 seed in your pool because day one sees 3 games back to back.... pretty tough except if your in pool A (lucky bastards only get 2 games for the whole day)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2008, 05:07:58 AM »

yeah i was just wondering the same thing, when is the official draw and seedings going to be released?
Probably won't be until the week before. Usually we don't know the draw until the Sunday due to all sorts of shenanigans.

Have folks been thinking about their Martin Laird Award nominees?

ash_5
« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »

whats the leniancy going to be like with the eligibility?
because i know there are going to be good players on teams who have played in major tournaments...
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2008, 07:44:58 AM »

The reason the eligibility criteria are the way they are is because there's already awards recognising the Nationals-level players (Green & Gold merit team, MVP award). The MLA is for the 50-ish% of AUG players who don't play at a national level.

So, erm...no leniency.

It's only if they've played Nationals, Mixed Nationals, or a WFDF tournament (WUGC, WUCC, WJUC) that they're ineligible. They can have played as many other tournaments as you want, including previous AUG.

To give you an idea of what type of player it's aimed at - when I was pitching the idea to the AFDA board, I used the eligibility criteria to pick the following starting 7s from AUG 2007...

Peter Eley (UWA)
Chris Folkes (MON)
Lu Wee Koh (USYD)
Sean Lace (FU)
Eamon Zelencich (LTU)
Jamie Bozza (CSU)
Sujeev Vijeyakumaar (UTS)

Emma Abrahams (UBAL)
Alinta Briggs (MQU)
Nicola Cotton (USYD)
Emma Kiel (FU)
Heather Brown (CSU)
Rosie Suthers (UTS)
Eliza Burke-Polden (UTAS)

With 12 months of last year's AUG, most of those players played either Mixed Nats, Nats or Worlds. So really, one of the aims of the award is to identify "future stars".

DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 04, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »

Mike Tarn is the only eligible guy on our team, and Rachel Melrose the only girl. Evryone else has played nats/mixed nats/worlds. So looks like they are sydneys nominations.

edit- sorry, simon baume is to.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:02:25 AM by DaveR » Logged
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: September 04, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »

Mike Tarn is the only eligible guy on our team, and Rachel Melrose the only girl. Evryone else has played nats/mixed nats/worlds. So looks like they are sydneys nominations.
edit- sorry, simon baume is to.

Wows. Must feel nice. In contrast, our whole team is eligible except for myself, Henry and Tom.
And apart from Rosie and Mel (who graduate this year), everyone else are first years, so it'll be hard to pick a 'future star'. *Thinking caps on*

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
ash_5
« Reply #314 on: September 04, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

yeah pretty much everyone from my team is elible except for myself and Casey Skalski. with the exception of our import too
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese