UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 18, 2020, 10:43:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road To Melbourne - 2008 university ultimate  (Read 305781 times)
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2008, 07:04:24 AM »

It was the year of the South Australians. (I believe Emma K is still wearing her medal.... :S )

What do you mean? *Everyone* that has a medal should still be wearing it for a week, with only members of the opposite sex being allow to remove it. Anything else is a team/party foul!
Chook

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2008, 07:07:24 AM »

but how good was he on thursday!

About as good as Ellie
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »

i had a fucked ankle and didnt try out for the team (although i did go to the trials for support) so i guess it was picked with a combination of 'on paper' and 'on field' during trials.

Didnt you hear Lu-wee...you were selected to fill our mandatory anti racial discrimination policy, as was carol....must have one non-caucasian on both guys and girls, so as to meet the mutlicultural demands of our society.

Mike was picked under the compulsary "counter culture" hippy area, although he votes liberal, so i think he cheated the system.

Then there was the token american (only 1 though...couldtn pick 2) and the token ranga.

The rest were selected based on a series of complicated "policy" decisions decided by a game of drunken jenga between Pete and Lu...if your name was the brick that knocked down the jenga tower...you were cut.

Have i let the cat out of the bag?
leighkay

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2008, 07:17:14 AM »

It was the year of the South Australians. (I believe Emma K is still wearing her medal.... :S )

What do you mean? *Everyone* that has a medal should still be wearing it for a week, with only members of the opposite sex being allow to remove it. Anything else is a team/party foul!

I even wore mine in the shower till this morning...but that was just to wash off all the alcohol that got on it from dunking it haha.

Adelaide Uni Ultimate
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 07, 2008, 07:37:18 AM »

I even wore mine in the shower till this morning...but that was just to wash off all the alcohol that got on it from dunking it haha.

Yes, and I believe a certain girl had to wash her own vomit off her bronze medal. Wink We gotta string it out for as long as possible, wear them out to league tomorrow night!
luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:26 AM »

Have i let the cat out of the bag?
sounds like a decent 'policy' to me

and yeah 1 week is the mandatory period isnt it?
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 07, 2008, 08:36:23 AM »

It occurred to me earlier this evening that the Flinders team that won the gold medal was very similar to the Flinders team that lost the SUG 2006 bronze medal to Ballarat. Amazing what can happen in two years.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2008, 09:11:02 AM »

It occurred to me earlier this evening that the Flinders team that won the gold medal was very similar to the Flinders team that lost the SUG 2006 bronze medal to Ballarat. Amazing what can happen in two years.

And that time Melbourne beat Adelaide for the gold medal. How times change Smiley
AlecD

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 07, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »

There was no ukulele at SUG 2006
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 07, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

wild thing!!!
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2008, 04:36:45 AM »

Ukulele orchestra does Shaft

http://PfK-UzQ48JE

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
leighkay

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »

Yes, and I believe a certain girl had to wash her own vomit off her bronze medal. Wink We gotta string it out for as long as possible, wear them out to league tomorrow night!

haha...your not meant to say those types of things. Your meant to be a supportive B__ F______ Wink

Adelaide Uni Ultimate
leighkay

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »

did someone say Ukulele?...
http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=694640424&k=XZC32VQ4WZ2MZBDITC56P
(hope hte link works Smiley )

Adelaide Uni Ultimate
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 09, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »

(not directing this to you dan) i think its funny how people talk a lot about everything but really know nothing. but i guess it wouldnt be ultitalk with out that hey? cause the reality is the selectors have not said anything at all to anyone.

Grin Remember what I said to you at the Usyd IV Grin

Something along the lines of "its ultitalk, everyone talks shit. And i'm often in the middle of it".

That was merely my uneducated guess at Usyd's policy. But I must admit, Maple's makes some odd sense.... Wink Cheesy

Speaking of subbing that can of export, Chris L did admirably well for a skinny bloke. I thought he would have keeled over half way through but he put most of it down Cheesy.

So I'm putting it there right now, I have mentioned this to a few uni's. The plan for '09 on the Gold Coast is 2 teams! Speak to Simmo or myself for details. However, it is allowed by our competition rules, its just a matter of two things (possibly others, but I haven't been told about them)

One: Ok'ing it with your uni/sports union
Two: Getting the numbers.

BUT seeing as it is the gold coast AND its uni games.... It should be easier than other years for example, if we were going to melbourne  Roll Eyes Grin .
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 09, 2008, 12:28:27 AM »

There's not really many details to go into. If you have the numbers you can make it happen. Flinders had two teams in 2006. All I'd suggest is getting your key people, sitting down with a pen and paper right now and working out what you'll all need to do to make it happen. Ballarat has already started talking about what will be needed in terms of recruitment, fundraising and leadership to get two teams to Gold Coast.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese