UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 16, 2019, 07:17:11 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Super Rad Awesome Frisbee Shirts! Sorry for the Spam  (Read 5066 times)
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:20:50 AM »

Ahoy and avast team-maties, friends and vague acquaintances…

(For a summary scroll to the bottom)

So this is mainly for Sydney based players, but anyone is welcome to shoot me a reply. It may be best to email me properly rather than reply here, just because I'm slack at checking replies here etc...

(this is copied straight from email too)

Apologies to all who receive this more than once… I will be spamming as many lists as I can…
As no doubt a few of you are aware a while back I had an absolutely breath-taking idea… Well relatively breath-taking… Well mildly interesting… well one or two of you might care…
The basis of the idea is simple, Frisbee shirts (well shirts of fancy pants sports shirt material) are quite cool and have definitely got their uses both on and off field. On field uses are fairly obvious but another bonus I noticed during the summer festival season was that quick dry sports shirt type shirts are WAY better to have on when bouncing around “in the pit” so to speak. Thus gaining new Frisbee shirts is a fine way of gaining new concert shirts too. Additionally I have found that I have a tendency to accumulate “light” shirts a lot faster than “dark” ones, with “dark” being a preferred option for concerts. This prompted me to begin thinking about where and how I could get another dark shirt, and what I felt would be desirable in said “dark shirt”. There would be three obvious methods to acquire yet another dark shirt, the first being the obvious buy one… a fine plan except I want an extra cool looking one. The second option would be to join a team with awesome dark shirts, but that would take effort, skill and (apologies to all my “dark” shirt wearing colleagues) none of the teams rocking around with dark shirt “blow my mind”. The final option would be to “make the damn shirt myself”, now this option is clearly the best, but has good and bad points. The good being that I could make them as kick ass as I could possibly want, but the bad being that it would be rather expensive to do this for just one shirt.
Now I could try and start a team for one of the various Frisbee things with membership including acquisition of one of these “funkier than the love child of Shaft” shirts. Now that would probably involve even more work than sorting the shirts out, and does limit their availability to just those whom play on the team (which would probably top out around 15-18 people maximum). If I were to make the shirts available to anyone who wanted one (regardless of team) it would (hopefully) increase the number required, thus decreasing the cost for all involved.
So that is the idea at the moment (and now we’ve finally reached the point). I’m going to attempt to get some funky black shirts made up with anyone interested in getting one being offered the opportunity.
And now onto the design itself, as said earlier it will be a black shirt with a positively “more awesome than all the ninja turtles combined” design. I’ve thought long and hard about the design (well I had a brain wave a while back and have remembered it since) and here it is… A jolly roger (or a pirate skull and crossbones symbol if you’re unfamiliar with its actual name) on a black shirt… surely that would be awesome… I’d wear that shirt everywhere, and hopefully others amongst you would agree. Add a number on the back and we’ve surely got the makings of a kick ass Frisbee shirt…
So that’s the plan, a black shirt with a Jolly Roger and a number… Having done limited research I’m pretty sure that FHS is the cheapest and best value for money floating around and I’ve not heard any complaints. It’d be in the ballpark of $40 a shirt (according to my research) which while not being cheap represents value for money when you include the shear awesomeness…
With this all in mind I’ve come up with a plan of attack, if you (like me) have any style whatsoever you will want one of these shirts, and I will attempt to supply you with one. But to do that I need to know you want one, which means you need to contact me somehow… If you received this in an email, you should probably be able to just reply to me, but if you’ve been forwarded this or have seen this posted on the net somewhere you need to know my email address. I’m not foolish enough to go posting my email in such an obvious way that any email detecting spam program can find it so you’re actually going to have to do a little bit of work (if you don’t already know my email). It’s on the afda site (www.afda.com) and you can search for a member. My ACTUAL name is Anthony Richard with an AFDA number of 1926, which means if you are an afda member you can get my email addy and send me your “yes I’m interested in getting said shirt” email. It would be best if you could also include an email addy I can get in contact with you too. Pricing, sizes and preferred numbers can wait till the order progresses onwards a little, right now I’m just registering interest.
On the topic of numbers, we could try and work out a system where everyone has different numbers but that’s a lot of effort, makes people unhappy and I’m just lazy (and can make people unhappy in different ways). So everyone will just get their first preference, because seriously when outside of nationals/uni games do duplicate numbers matter? These shirts aren’t designed to be worn by a team at the elite level (although admittedly seeing a team I’m not on turn up to nationals/mixed nationals in the shirts I thought up without telling me would be hilarious).
So that’s the deal, email me if you’re interested in getting one of these most awesome of shirts… And if you’re out of Sydney/won’t be seeing you for a while don’t count yourself out, I may be gracious and post you it, or just hold onto it until I see you… And of course feel free to forward this on to other email lists (I’m not a part of or sent this to yet) and the like if you think you know people who may be interested in this “once in a lifetime offer”

Love Hugs and Kisses
ANt
(Tanty)
1000 words

Axecutive Summary
I am making some shirts. They will be cool (Black with a Skull and Crossbones and a number). Email me if you’re interested. If you don’t know my email find me on AFDA. Spread the word.

No sign of a point yet...
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

I already said yes so WHERE'S MY SHIRT! Tongue

Pretty much everyone should get one, how crap would you feel to be only kid not to own a limited edition tanty-designed professional athletic torso sheath?  Pretty crap I reckon
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:32 AM »

I'm working on it... artwork is done... now just being painful to the poor lady to get them as cheap as possible... Trying to rustle up 5 more interested people... I've got 30 and I want 35+ for cheapest price...

No sign of a point yet...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese