UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 28, 2020, 01:20:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Let the bickering commence! (aka 2008 AUG Seeding Discussion Thread)  (Read 52204 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2008, 01:15:28 AM »

Yes. Pool E and F are six teams each. Basically if all pool games go to seed, odd seeds (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11) go to Pool E and evens go to Pool F.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
wisey

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »

Further trash talk!

Just to spice things up! My prediction of results from top

Sydney - Has depth with the most nat players! (no superstars so can be beat but prob not)
Monash - One of the best line ups of Male players (very light on chicks)
Newcastle - Lots of great girls with some good guys
UWA - (i have no idea but assume they will be good)
Flinders - (have plenty nat players)
Melb - 3 worlds players + Honey player (Not training atm, not sure on any one else) (hard to place could be as good as 4th or as low as 8th
ANU - (not so sure but a guess)
MAQ - One player from last year...

Latrobe (top 8! not saying where (Bias))

This years competition will be much closer then ever before! This is my prediction but wouldn’t be surprised of any changes! (Could see 2 team come higher then 3rd for 1st time ever... Maybe even two of us in the top 4!
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »

ANU wont make the top 8, having played them twic this year so far we beat them 15-4 and 15-1 (second time on their home turf when we were savage). I reckon adelaide or latrobe will take that spot in the top 8, or both will and kick out mac.

Mac has a pretty decent team i think...Megan Gamble, Tiger, Neil Roxborough and some americans make for a good starting 7. Whether they ahve the depth i dont know, at ECC thy relied heavily on their top line to get it done, and some of those really top players (Bec Carmen, Julian and Duncan) arent playing. Also the only club that gets a coach paid for by the uni.
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »

Who is on the Monash team except for Owen? They're being highly rated by everyone but their team list isn't up on the AFDA website.
wisey

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »

Who is on the Monash team except for Owen?

Seb Barr, Mozza, Few chilli B boys. They have Mich rogers and a import for chicks but thats it. So girls will hurt them. If they play there best guys and play well then they whould finish in the top 3.

ANU wont make the top

Ok swap ANU for adelaide... ... With Latrobe being in the mix Mac will finish 9th...
luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 06:03:53 AM »

my prediction for top 8 (no particular order):
latrobe
syd
adelaide
flinders
uwa
melb
monash
newcastle

and special mention to uts who i think will smash their seed
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 08:23:26 AM »

ANU wont make the top 8, having played them twic this year so far we beat them 15-4 and 15-1 (second time on their home turf when we were savage). I reckon adelaide or latrobe will take that spot in the top 8, or both will and kick out mac.

CSU beat them for the first time EVER!!! 17 - 0!
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 11:57:28 PM »

I agree, there could be some surprises this year.

We'd be stoked with Top 8 me thinks, pretty sure that would be our highest finish ever...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese