UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 18, 2018, 08:48:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
RSD syndicated. North American UT posts are syndicated on the newsgroup Rec.Sport.Disc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frisbees Selection  (Read 28077 times)
RayJ

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 11:03:41 AM »

I have noticed that a Wham-O seems to have a thicker edge than an Ultrastar, once I made the switch to Ultrastar my flicks got a lot more consistent, and my fingers didn't hurt as much afterward.

So Ultrastar it up.
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »

I have noticed that a Wham-O seems to have a thicker edge

And a thinner middle.
mikeqr

Philippines Philippines

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »

How much does Discraft Ultra-Star cost? gonna buy one and replace my Wham-O Smiley
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »

www.discraft.com

Good luck with that. Exchange rate is a killer right now.

Better off buying one from your local club.
frisWEE

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »

well at least since they are still 15 bucks

What did you say? Huck?!
s0urce

Canada Canada

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »

Daredevil's are pretty standard for a lot of people to learn with in Ottawa, Canada's (and the world's)largest league.  I'd say it's pretty close to 50/50 usage between daredevil's and discraft in league games.

I can't even tell the difference between the two anymore.  Occaissionally you'll see an old daredevil that's a little softer.
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 04:56:13 AM »

Anyone else found that discs tend to go stiff after a while then go soft?

Some of our old discs are really stiff and great to throw because they don't flex too much. (Bad part is the rim is normally messed up and the disc is worn changing the aerodynamics)

But then some of the older discs have gone really soft and flex a great deal when you hang onto them.
jonjon

United Kingdom United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 06:44:46 AM »

Hi, I'm new to ultimate and am looking to purchase a disc for recreational play. However would like a disc that meets the standards of competitive play - looking around the forums, Discraft's Ultra Star seems to pop up a lot!

Saw http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frisbee-50th-Anniversary-Gift-Pack/dp/B00180GWB2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1240050197&sr=8-7 on Amazon - is it worth my while? 
SergioPL

Poland Poland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »

the discs in this pack are Wham-o's ...
i don't like them very much ... they have hard rim...

Play Ultimate everyday !!! Cheesy
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »

I think sergio is right there... They do look like wham-o's. Considering that they are in the "toy" section and they are called "frisbees", i wouldn't be surprised if they were the flimsy ones sold at $2 stores...

Better off going to your local club and seeing if they have any available to buy. As to what you should buy, thats up to your preference. Personally I can't handle a wham-o disc, but there are tons who can't throw with anything else. Go find what you like. Besides, discs are relatively cheap. A soccer ball costs around $25 here... I can get a disc for $15 Grin
SergioPL

Poland Poland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 05:18:18 AM »

i'm 100% sure those discs are wham-o's Smiley

2 days ago i was playing with a flash light disc ... it's flying really fantastic, and it's made of
soft plastic it's just stick to your hand ... catching a blade isn't a problem Smiley

Play Ultimate everyday !!! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese