UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 19, 2019, 11:31:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nationals 2009 in Perth  (Read 74029 times)
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »

Simmo has a bunch of scores on his twitter page... I can't be bothered going through them all to work out who's done what but link is http://twitter.com/satalbot

No sign of a point yet...
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »

thats where i got half my info from, the other half being from phone conversations to the Fak boys, which ill be making pretty regularly. Hopefully the combination of the 2 means i have the means side of the draw figured out pretty well. As for womens its just sms's to the cousin to see if she can be bothered replying, so less chance of finding out much outside Wildcard results. But ill keep up the efforts, its far prefereable to doing assignments anyway.
luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2009, 09:18:25 AM »

oh maple i wish i was in perth...
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »

So do i Lu-wee. Also hearing the latest results makes me even more wish i was there. Damn lack of liquidity,

Fak X lost both games to Chilly and Ibeam, relatively comfortable wins by both i think.

Fak y lost both there games...in heart breakers. 17-15 loss to sublime after even at 15, and 18-16 loss to Karma, after being up 16-15. Karma are kings of comeback it seems. If i were any Syndye Uni player (which i am) i would be getting sick of loseing big games to South Australians. But gotta pay them credit, they are going better than everyone (except Simmo) thought, and congrats to them, if they can win those close ones.

HoS loss both there games, playing off with Fak X tomorrow for a spot on the top 6. Fak Y have to defeat the undefeated Fyschwick now for a shot...thats gotta hurt after getting so close twice. Fyshwick have almost secured their semis spot, unless they lose to Fak.

All i know from bottom pool is that Firestrom rolled through. I Beam and CHilly play off tomorrow for the other top of the pool semis spot. Sublime and Karma play tomorrow, both probably through to semis play ins on the strength of their wins over Fak.

And once again....in Womens...nothing except Wildcard Results, who are still undefeated, beating Box 17-12 to take out top of their pool and beating Factory Girls in the first of the power pool games 17-8.
tom_brennan

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2009, 07:21:35 PM »

And once again....in Womens...nothing except Wildcard Results, who are still undefeated, beating Box 17-12 to take out top of their pool and beating Factory Girls in the first of the power pool games 17-8.

No results, but I believe the rankings at the end of pool play were
Pool A
1. Sugar Mags
2. Kaos
3. Factory Girls
4/5/6 Sultry/Primal/Suffer Jets.

Pool B
1. Wildcard
2. Box
3. Honey?
4/5. Indies
4/5. Honey Gs

thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »

Is there podcasting for todays final??
Scotty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2009, 07:54:42 PM »

Is there podcasting for todays final??

Hope so. I've sent the digital voice recorder over, and will send a reminder to my commentator shortly.

I'm going to see if its possible to get the 3rd/4th playoffs too.

But the audio wont be available for about a week until the recorder comes back and its processed.
Stay tuned to Aus-Ultimate.
Lex

Australia Australia

In - Tents Defence!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:23 AM »

Hmmmm, verrry interesting turnout...

-Alex

Lay-out
Lay-well.
Quote from: Simon Talbot
Hammer from sash to monkey man. 16-11. It's all over. Just quietly, i'm smashed! Yeah chilly!
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Lex.
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »

Wildcard defeated Box 16-14 in women's final (Box up 9-7 at half)

Chilly defeated Fyshwick 17-12(??) in men's final (Chilly up 9-4 at half)

left before the presentations so don't have any other info.
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »

Simmo had a running update on his twitter.

Quote from: simmo on twitter
4-2. Goddamn tom watson

My favourite.
wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »

Open results:

1. Chilly
2. Fyshwick
3. HoS
4. I-Beam
5. Firestorm
6. Sublime A
7. Fakulti Y
8. Karma
9. Fakulti X
10. Sublime O
11. Sweet Chilly
12. Happy Pig
13. Umlaut
14. Fear

Not 100% sure of the order of those bottom 3 places, but the teams are correct.

Open Spirit: Sublime O
Open MVP: Felix Kennedy from Fear
Womens Spirit: Honey
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »

Umlaut came last. At least, that's what they told me, and having done it last year, I'm not sure it's the kind of thing you lie about.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 03:06:58 AM »

14. Fear

Open MVP: Felix Kennedy from Fear

Something tells me there is going to be another debate about the MVP award.

Unfortunate Ibeam came 4th... Theres going to be hell to pay next preseason Grin . I'm looking forward to it already Grin
wally

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2009, 03:38:22 AM »

Umlaut came last. At least, that's what they told me, and having done it last year, I'm not sure it's the kind of thing you lie about.

It's true.  Apparently FEAR's pickups were more valuable than ours.  The results from Umlaut's games indicate that the bottom four teams were all evenly matched.
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2009, 05:46:27 AM »

Cath Matthews from Honey was female MVP, incidentally. From what I saw of her play in Honey's semi-final, I'd say she deserves the title.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese