UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. March 22, 2019, 02:25:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Second tier nationals  (Read 48307 times)
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »

Never dropped on my head, but i've had countless soccer balls hit me and a few frisbees. So brain damage isn't completely out.

Let me get this straight, you say Sublime set the standard, but others called them obnoxious.... O_o

What?

moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 11:19:38 PM »

i've had countless soccer balls hit me and a few frisbees.

Like that pull you kicked on the full at AUG?

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 03:19:30 AM »

Wow.... You actually know who I am....

How bout that.....

That was me just being tired. Especially when you spent the week partying hard and running even harder.
ash_5
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 06:02:00 AM »

wait..you ran hard at AUGs Dan?
yeah..sublime partied hard at Nationals this year, and to be fair, only one person has called us obnoixous...
but we were rather entertaining to watch...and we were the best dressed Cheesy
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »

yeah..sublime partied hard at Nationals this year, and to be fair, only one person has called us obnoixous...
but we were rather entertaining to watch...and we were the best dressed Cheesy
i'd do a recount on that one person ash!

And as much as we love to see an you guys act out what you guys get up to in perth on stage, there is a time and a place for man loving and in brisbane it is called the Beat.

I believe best dress were so the transformers!!!
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »

I've been waiting for some Jangles - Chris - Wood style Smacktalk, ever since that other thread died.

Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 12:06:24 AM »

I have two things to say about Sublime at Nats last yr

1 We were a bit out of control and maybe in hindsight could have toned it down a bit
2. I partly blame the powers at be, because we were clearly all smashed and yet we still managed to win best dressed award=bottle of red wine, which lasted 5 minutes between 4 of us.

Make that three things:
3. We Won best dressed.

DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 12:14:33 AM »

maybe best dressed team..while barefoot where all dressed as corey, you shouldnt win a prize for dressing like a douchebag, as opposed to sublime who all dressed the same and then acted like douchebags(which i personally enjoyed and thought was hilarious), and thus desrvedly won an award.

but tanty and tim had it hands down with the transformers.

straying alittle from the topic at hand methinks though
tom_brennan

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 02:20:42 AM »

1 We were a bit out of control and maybe in hindsight could have toned it down a bit
2. I partly blame the powers at be, because we were clearly all smashed and yet we still managed to win best dressed award=bottle of red wine, which lasted 5 minutes between 4 of us.

Make that three things:
3. We Won best dressed.

Err, so did Sublime actually play ultimate?

Every time I read about Sublime and the Nationals Party it just reminds me of an earlier thread ...
Sublime owned that party...
You might call it owned. I'd call it [them] obnoxious and anti-social.
and Dan's follow up (that was your best post, Dan)
Youch.

Rachel: 1
Ash and his Sublime Hussys: 0.

Sums it all up really Smiley
wally

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 06:51:52 AM »

and Dan's follow up (that was your best post, Dan)
Rachel: 1

I call bias.
Chook

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 06:54:30 AM »

as opposed to sublime who all dressed the same and then acted like douchebags(which i personally enjoyed and thought was hilarious), and thus desrvedly won an award.

I'm glad someone enjoyed the squats and lunges on the stage.
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 01:22:27 AM »

Grin To lunch.
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »

Every game at Nationals should be treated seriously- even if it's the wooden spoon match. I party pretty hard, as Canadian police can attest, but I only party to excess if I don't have to play the next day.
I dunno Tigsie, I like you but the game I first met/marked you I definitely remember thinking "why the hell does this kid smell like bourban... And how is he managing to run around so much?" At least it was when you where new and clueless so I didn't actually have to follow you massive long arcing cuts everywhere... But that was at Stampede 07 and one of my "sober" periods...

and we were the best dressed Cheesy
I believe best dress were so the transformers!!!
but tanty and tim had it hands down with the transformers.

TG and I 2
Sublime 1
Roll Out!

I partly blame the powers at be, because we were clearly all smashed and yet we still managed to win best dressed award=bottle of red wine, which lasted 5 minutes between 4 of us.
I've got mine somewhere waiting to be drunk...

Canberra turned up at the party, so did Fakulti & Raging Wahine (but can't remember about the other girls). They were social, had dinner, and some had a few drinks. I didnt see any looking to be smashed though.
Fakulti A had reps there (Megatron was one) arriving fashionably late and so did 'Card X Factor... They left earlier then some though (something "big" on the next day apparently). 'Card Jokers left early to so they could play their playoff at their best too... And I think that's a fair approach. Nationals IS Nationals after all... it's not "Uni Games for Grown Ups" and I don't think Bashionals should be. I'm not sure many people appreciated my performance at Canberra regionals last year where I got myself absolutely trolleyed at the party (least of all my own team) and that was playing for hills men in their first hit out and playing the other hills men team for the spoon at regionals... so I think there's a time and place for drunken parties and it's at tournies like the Stampede/Towel etc and not the tournaments trying to be as elite and professional as possible...
I do like the idea of a party on the night AFTER the finals are played (so people can "let their hair down") but I understand most people would rather travel the next day (or that arvo) and resume their real world lives...

No sign of a point yet...
Az06

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »

I realise i haven't been to nationals yet (bring AFDA pick for sublimeo) but we have no other tournies to go to with paying huge cash to go to hat or something. what do you suggest then?

Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »

Make that three things:
3. We Won best dressed.

In response:
1) Tone it down my ass.
2) So much for responsible service of alcohol?  Tongue Oh and that wine was shite.
3) We did indeed.

Sub-Lime...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese