UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 17, 2019, 06:55:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: About time we had a Nationals dicussion thread  (Read 60221 times)
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 04:00:20 AM »

Yeah ruebs, looks like FU Mantrain, Firestorm, HOS and Sweet/Hot/Sour Chilly are all in the same pool (as seedings and pools stand at the moment)

Looking forward to all those games!

Barefoot have a bunch of Canucks and a dutchie called Tom as their international plus many elements of Thong, so should be a nice workout.

Both the Canberra Tom's (myself included) have a lot of buddies on HOS, so we're looking forward to that match up.

And no, I doubt there will be an extension to the Men's draw.

to Joe: Is Wavey Dave playing for you guys at nationals??
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 01:32:23 AM »

Teams that are registered but only have 0-3 players on their lists, is that because they are a) disorganised; b) don't have rosters finalised or c) deliberately don't want other teams to know who is playing for them!

rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

Does anyone know of any big name players who won't be playing at Nationals this year?

I know that Mike Neild from Brisbane isn't playing.

Also yesterday at a scratch match between Chilly and HoS John Liddocoat injured his AC joint - not sure if he will make it to Nats

Any know of anyone else?

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 11:31:28 PM »

Yeh ruebs

To confirm firestorm is minus Mike neild, matt ryan, Jason ray and of course pottsy. but dont write us off yet i look forward to avoiding you wide load ruebs

Jangles
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 11:59:02 PM »

No Jens for Barefoot.
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 01:17:01 AM »

i look forward to avoiding you wide load ruebs

Jangles

don't like your chances mate! 'Tis a wide load indeed!

Seppo
Global Moderator

United States United States

Seppo and the BIG Check.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »

Does anyone know of any big name players who won't be playing at Nationals this year?

I know a few of the Thong boys won't be playing.  Hugh Robinson and Angus Keenean come to mind.

========================
PlayUlty.Com
Educational and lifestyle products for Ultimate Frisbee.
http://www.playulty.com
========================
Joe - Barefoot

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 07:46:36 PM »

I know a few of the Thong boys won't be playing.  Hugh Robinson and Angus Keenean come to mind.

Gus IS playing for Barefoot at Nationals.
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »

Yeah Gus can't say no Tongue

I really hope John Liddy isn't badly injured. He should really make it on to the national squad. While Pottsy isn't playing....is he coming down to watch?

Max Wheeler from the ACT is still out, recovering from his ACL injury from October last year.

To Matt H: In the case of FU, it is because we are disorganised. We have three selectors as our leadership group but none of them are admin freaks and they haven't appointed one, so things happen slowly

but what is up with Fak! They are organised and they don't even have their teams registered!!! and Tassie as well..
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 08:10:01 PM »

Last time i talked to pottsy he said he had already book his flights but i could be wrong. i mean it wouldnt be a frisbee party without pottsy.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 12:28:45 AM »

I think he might be seeking revenge on me for stitching him up at Mixed Nats last year.

Well, it's confirmed that I'll be there being an admin bitch for the week. I might actually be unbiased for once.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »

So the draw and seeding are pretty much finalised

Pool C                Pool D                    Pool E                       Pool F
Seed   Name                Seed   Name       Seed   Name          Seed Name
A1   Chilly                A2   Barefoot       A5   I-Beam          A6   Firestorm
A4   Fakulti R                A3   Fakulti S       A8   Fyshwick U     A7   Heads of State
A13   Wollongong        A14   Manly       A9   Thor          A10   Sublime
A16   Tassie Tiggers   A15   Karma       A12   Hot Chilly          A11   Fyshwick U 2

You would expect the top 2 seeds from Pool C and D to go through easily
Pool E and F will be more exciting - but I would think Pool F to go according to seed (although HoS will clearly smash Firestorm Smiley) Hot Chilly might challenge but in the end I think Pool E will go to seed as well.

Who will make top 6?

I think the top 5 teams are pretty much through and then the other 3 will battle it out for the last spot (not literally as the draw doesn't allow it but I'm sure you get my drift)

From there it's anyone’s game!

Any other thoughts?

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 11:10:24 PM »

but I would think Pool F to go according to seed (although HoS will clearly smash Firestorm )

Haha Ruebs

i hope you have been training those young boys hard. We are gonna make you earn every point. It looks like regardless of it you finish first or second in pool F day 2 has 3 tough games lined up.

BY the way where is all the loving smack talk. We northern boys may be better looking but i mean we do love to brag about it.

cheers
Jangles
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 09:19:35 PM »

Heads of State beat Chilly on the Sunday  Grin

I believe this is the first time that Chilly has lost to another Vic based team EVER

It should be noted that Chilly were missing some big names: some guy called Gak, Shane W, and Sascha H plus John Liddicoat only played a few points at the end

However it is still HUGE win for the youthful HoS boys

There is a good post on Firestorms progress from Mike Nield here: http://www.afda.com/trashtalk/showarticle.php?articleid=423

Less than 1 week to go!!!!

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »

Haha have chilly gone cold just at the right time!!!

Tormenta del fuego #22
Jangles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese